PDA

View Full Version : Heart

Red Dog
02-14-2007, 07:46 PM
It has been a while since I have posted hear. But after last nights game I have a few things to say.
For starters I have never been a big Rakos fan and after watching last nights game I would be willing to buy him a one way ticket back to Pardubice, CZ with his parents. I don't care who the hell you think you are, when a teammate "Leovald" has been Jerseyed and the linesman are nowhere around to break it up and you are standing back watching it, and then turn around and skate to the bench. I have no respect for you nor should your teammates. You have to know when you go into a game that your teammates have your back. And lately it seems nobody is willing to step up for their teammate.
Another disappointment this year has been our Captain. Yes, Rumsey. I don't know what has happened to you Myles but you use to be a hard noised defenseman that took CRAP from nobody. But this year it seems you would rather talk the talk than walk the walk. For instance Nelson gets steam rolled in the corner in the 3rd period and you do nothing. 20 seconds later when the whistle blows you skate in and do some pushing and take a 2 min. Roughing penalty. If you are going to take a penalty why wouldn't you go in and kick the crap out of the player that steam rolled Nelson. So what if you get an instigator penalty. At least you will send a message you aren't going to stand around a watch your teammates get pushed around. I am sure Sutter didn't draft you for your scoring ability.

Johnsy05
02-14-2007, 07:52 PM
It has been a while since I have posted hear. But after last nights game I have a few things to say.
For starters I have never been a big Rakos fan and after watching last nights game I would be willing to buy him a one way ticket back to Pardubice, CZ with his parents. I don't care who the hell you think you are, when a teammate "Leovald" has been Jerseyed and the linesman are nowhere around to break it up and you are standing back watching it, and then turn around and skate to the bench. I have no respect for you nor should your teammates. You have to know when you go into a game that your teammates have your back. And lately it seems nobody is willing to step up for their teammate.
Another disappointment this year has been our Captain. Yes, Rumsey. I don't know what has happened to you Myles but you use to be a hard noised defenseman that took CRAP from nobody. But this year it seems you would rather talk the talk than walk the walk. For instance Nelson gets steam rolled in the corner in the 3rd period and you do nothing. 20 seconds later when the whistle blows you skate in and do some pushing and take a 2 min. Roughing penalty. If you are going to take a penalty why wouldn't you go in and kick the crap out of the player that steam rolled Nelson. So what if you get an instigator penalty. At least you will send a message you aren't going to stand around a watch your teammates get pushed around. I am sure Sutter didn't draft you for your scoring ability.

Good post.

double big gulp
02-14-2007, 07:53 PM
I agree with you 100%. Standing at the end behind Moir you can see alot as well as hear alot. Not one guy on this team has improved over the year, not one. There has to be something drastically wrong whether it is in the front office, in the dressing room or on the bench. Maybe we should ask Nyhagen, a Swift Current longtime resident, why he left to go to Regina. :confused:

d-man
02-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Rumsey is the most solid and reliable defenseman we have. He hasn't played the tough guy role because under the new rules if he jumps in to defend say Levi he's going to take 2 for instigating, 5 for fighting and a 10 minute misconduct. Looking at the inexperience and inconsistency of our young defense the team can't afford to lose Rumsey for 17 minutes a game.

Toswammi
02-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Rumsey is the most solid and reliable defenseman we have. He hasn't played the tough guy role because under the new rules if he jumps in to defend say Levi he's going to take 2 for instigating, 5 for fighting and a 10 minute misconduct. Looking at the inexperience and inconsistency of our young defense the team can't afford to lose Rumsey for 17 minutes a game.
Thank god, i was thinking i would be the only guy to stick up for Myles here. We are talking about a guy who plays 20 plus minutes a game (i have seen him on the PK for an entire 5 min PP!!!), blocks at least one shot a game, as solid a defender in our own end and we rip him up cause he has the judgement to not fight every shift. If you want that, start lobbying to get Benke back (yeah i said it), even though he cant fight.

Red Dog
02-14-2007, 10:21 PM

With the score being 6-2 and 11min. left in the 3rd period the game was over, who cares if rumesy would have been gone for the rest of the game. Most likely Branden's guy would have fought back and we would have a 2 min. instigator penalty instead of a 2 min roughing penalty. At least it would send a message to Brandon and other teams that we won't sit back and take it. At least the fans would have something to chear about at the game.

booboo
02-14-2007, 10:47 PM
Levi Nelson is a dirty player who will continue to get his due because of many questionable hits this year. How do you defend this type of player?

loud and proud
02-14-2007, 11:29 PM
You've taken the name of Levi Nelson in vain and you will incur the wrath of BigErn - you are in big trouble. You might as well seal the deal and criticize Dean!!!

Seriously though - I'm a die hard Bronco fan and I agree completely. Nelson is doing his best to imitate Derek Dorsett but won't (or can't) finish the fight. One of these days I'm afraid that Nelson will seriously injure someone but I hope he wakes up and realizes what he is doing first.

Horseshoe
02-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Maybe Rumsey didn't jump in to help Nelson because he and the other players are sick of coming to the defense of a guy who yaps to the other players and refs and then skates off. As someone mentioned in another post, Levi just may get what is coming to him soon because his teammates are probably sick of cleaning up his messes.

Big Ern
02-15-2007, 10:18 AM
As everyone may have noticed, I chose to delete my most recent post, and furthermore will not comment on this issue. I have classified it, as completely ridiculous.

transplantedbronco
02-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Thank god, i was thinking i would be the only guy to stick up for Myles here. We are talking about a guy who plays 20 plus minutes a game (i have seen him on the PK for an entire 5 min PP!!!), blocks at least one shot a game, as solid a defender in our own end and we rip him up cause he has the judgement to not fight every shift. If you want that, start lobbying to get Benke back (yeah i said it), even though he cant fight.

Toswammi you will not be the only one to stick up for Myles. You said it perfect. He is playing against the number one lines in the league. He can not just drop the mits whenever he likes. And unless you talk to Myles himself you CANNOT TELL ME HE HASNT TRIED. Hang around sometime and talk to the guys. Myles has wanted to fight alot of guys this year and they usually turn the other cheek. Not many number one line guys drop the mits. Trust me he has asked quite of few people. We cant have him in the box for 17 minutes.

Broncs in RD
02-15-2007, 03:41 PM
I am pretty sure the reason Myles never jumped in to help Nelson is because he yaps and palys dirty all the time, which would mean every time people would jump to his defense we would be short handed all the time. I like when a player plays with a chip on his shoulder, but there is a line and Nelson crosses that line on a consistant basis and never backs HIMSELF up.

ointhecreek
02-15-2007, 04:47 PM
never backs HIMSELF up.
This is the thing that bothers me the most. I like the chippy play also, BUT you have to be able to take the heat . Don't hide behind other players or expect them to always come to your rescue. I like Keen's assessment on his blog. Nelson can't do both agitate and score. I'd rather see him score, which I think he's a lot better at and causes less problems for the team.

Johnsy05
02-15-2007, 04:58 PM
As everyone may have noticed, I chose to delete my most recent post, and furthermore will not comment on this issue. I have classified it, as completely ridiculous.

As Jon Keen would say Are You Kidding Me? i have no idea what u posted before but get serious. U don't agree one bit that nelson is one bit dirty or that he can talk the talk but never steps up and does anything for himself? I know hes your favorite player but come on guy open your eyes.

Looks like Keener Agrees with almost everyone here.
http://jonkeen.blogspot.com/

Big Ern
02-15-2007, 07:24 PM
As Jon Keen would say Are You Kidding Me? i have no idea what u posted before but get serious. U don't agree one bit that nelson is one bit dirty or that he can talk the talk but never steps up and does anything for himself? I know hes your favorite player but come on guy open your eyes.

Looks like Keener Agrees with almost everyone here.
http://jonkeen.blogspot.com/

First and foremost, I don't have favourites. Secondly, he tries as hard as he can to help the team. That's what I look at. So go fly a kite.

Toswammi
02-15-2007, 07:44 PM
I think that Levi can score and agitate. But he gets way too caught up and distracted with it (and now might as well wear a bulls eye instead of 17).

d-man
02-15-2007, 08:37 PM
With the score being 6-2 and 11min. left in the 3rd period the game was over, who cares if rumesy would have been gone for the rest of the game. Most likely Branden's guy would have fought back and we would have a 2 min. instigator penalty instead of a 2 min roughing penalty. At least it would send a message to Brandon and other teams that we won't sit back and take it. At least the fans would have something to chear about at the game.

If I remember right it was Cody Burki that Rumsey knocked to the ice. There was no way the linesmen were going to let that fight happen.

Flathead
02-15-2007, 09:49 PM
I think that Levi can score and agitate. But he gets way too caught up and distracted with it (and now might as well wear a bulls eye instead of 17).
I agree as well, Levi can agitate and score. Dorsett does it wonderfully, 90% of the time, the other 10% is when he gets caught up in it too much and it works against him. Lately Levi is working it 10% of the time and the other 90% he's letting it work him. Dorsett will fight but it takes a lot to get him to drop the mitts, not because he's scared but because it agitates the other team so much when he won't. I think this is what Levi tries to do but he should drop the mitts once in a while to make the agitation game work a little better.
But right now the whole team is in a funk and maybe we should just worry about getting back to basics and playing a simple game.

Johnsy05
02-15-2007, 11:38 PM
First and foremost, I don't have favourites. Secondly, he tries as hard as he can to help the team. That's what I look at. So go fly a kite.

I understand Levi tries as hard as he does. But what he is doing right now isn't working is all im saying... And by the way when i usually pick out a jersey i usually pick out my favorite player(thats where i assumed he was your favorite player). But theres no sense arguing over this we can all agree when he is on is a great hockey player for our club.

Tidball
02-16-2007, 01:00 PM
For instance Nelson gets steam rolled in the corner in the 3rd period and you do nothing. 20 seconds later when the whistle blows you skate in and do some pushing and take a 2 min. Roughing penalty. If you are going to take a penalty why wouldn't you go in and kick the crap out of the player that steam rolled Nelson. So what if you get an instigator penalty. At least you will send a message you aren't going to stand around a watch your teammates get pushed around. I am sure Sutter didn't draft you for your scoring ability.

Good view. However something to consider is that if Rumsey B-lined for the guy who hit Leavold, not only would he get 2 and 5. He may also get a 10 as well. 17 minutes without a key defender can really hurt a team gunning to get into the playoffs. Some people question Cole not fighting, well **** hes our best D-man and we only have 3 D-men right now!

It seems the Broncos are lacking heart. Now if you show heart and stand up for your teamates, not only do you get an extra penalty, but i believe it bonds your team and brings them together. The Blades play with more heart then any team in the league right now(Which is awesome, because last season they probably had the LEAST heart in the WHL)

So really its a win and lose situation regarding Rumsey. The Bronco's should take note and watch how the Blades play when we visit Swift. Watch how this very young team plays with only 3 defencemen.