PDA

View Full Version : What Is Going On!?!?!?!

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
02-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Ok what is happening, I'm sorry Mike you told me not to do this but I am anyways. I walk in to the CUC and I hear them announce that Coltoin Gillies, a power forward is going to play defence in which he makes an early mistake, and that Wintoneak is going to play right wing??? and another thing that peed me off is that I walk into the Blades shop and I see every damn thing Calgary Flames???? I personally hate the Flames so seeing that garbage in my store peed me right off, I'm getting frustrated again and by the way Tidball....you never said hi lol.

silverbullet
02-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Coltoin Gillies, a power forward is going to play defence in which he makes an early mistake, and that Wintoneak is going to play right wing???

Please think before you speak... With the current situation of the Blades Defence there wasn't much choice other than to play Gillies and Patterson on D tonight. Personally I thought Patterson played decent, and Gillies was exceptional.

And if you hadn't notice Walker Wintoneak has been playing Right Wing the entire season.

BladeRunner
02-15-2007, 11:14 AM
ya what else are the blades gonna do for the situation that there in with the problems with the defence, i agree Gillies and Patterson played pretty well that game. sure Gillies made have made a few mistakes but nothing to big in my mind, they both played really well for the way the game ended :dead:

howley
02-15-2007, 11:36 AM
I thought Gillies and Patterson played very well on the back end. I honestly saw a threat from Gillies that I don't see on offense all that often. I think he could be converted back to defense and be very very effective back there. Things I noticed from him. #1 He has a long reach, great for in the corners, pinching up, cutting off passing angles, 1 on 1's and everything else. #2 He is strong. Wins the battles in the corners, effective in front of the net. #3 He can skate. A few times he took himself out of the play last night. Pretty much every single time he got himself back into the play with his speed. Where are other defense are going to be beat to the puck...it won't happen against Gillies. 4# There were times he looked like more than an offensive threat last night then he does when he actually plays offense. He has some very nice rushes, getting the puck down deep. The third goal would never have happened if Gillies didn't carry it in deep and maintain posession.

We all know about these up's that Gillies had. We just haven't seen them used in a different position and in my opinion the tools he does have...suit him better at defense then they do up front. If he continued to play back there he would only get better. Who doesn't want a big strong, fast, offensive defensemen on their team?

Tidball
02-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Ok what is happening, I'm sorry Mike you told me not to do this but I am anyways. I walk in to the CUC and I hear them announce that Coltoin Gillies, a power forward is going to play defence in which he makes an early mistake, and that Wintoneak is going to play right wing??? and another thing that peed me off is that I walk into the Blades shop and I see every damn thing Calgary Flames???? I personally hate the Flames so seeing that garbage in my store peed me right off, I'm getting frustrated again and by the way Tidball....you never said hi lol.

You never said hi either. But whats so bad about Wintoneak playing right wing? He was the best Blade by far in that game. And the Flames stuff... lol they did go a little overboard on that.

It wouldnt suprise me if the Blades played a game wearing flames jerseys, lol. BTW, i thought Gillies did well on defence, he played defence for a good part of his minor days.