PDA

View Full Version : Forsberg Traded

Big Daddy
02-15-2007, 08:54 PM
To Nashville for Upshall, Parent, a first and third round pick.

Ti-girl
02-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Not really.

Its a good trade for both sides.

The Preds are STACKED with young defensemen.

Suter(21)
Hamhuis(23)
Weber(21)
Franson(19)
Laakso(19)
Klein(22)
Zanon(26)

They can afford to give up a top quality prospect to recieve one of the top 10 players in the world.

And the 3rd round pick is a conditional pick if Forsberg resigns with Nashville.

Anyways, as a Kariya fan, I'm PUMPED.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
02-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Being a Preds fan myself I don't like this trade, Scottie Up has a great future but our first and thired round picks aren't worth much since we are such a good team in the standings. It will be good to see him in a probable 1 year stint and see if he can actually score goals with Paully and Sully.

Toswammi
02-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Not huge for this trade, considering the draft picks that where dealt. Nashville has an abundance of young defensemen though,. WOW. With that said they are a decent drafting team.

nivek_wahs
02-16-2007, 09:15 AM
As a Flyer fan (I will admit that)... I think this is the best possible trade for Foppa, considering they get upwards of 4 players out of the deal. Getting a couple of decent skating prospects (Upshall is imo still a prospect) and a 1st rounder... Good trade.

Good luck in Nashville Foppa!!

02-16-2007, 11:29 AM
He can't hear you Kev... :skeptical lol.

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-18-2007, 09:44 AM
He had 19:32 of ice time and was a -1 even he said that he did not play well, was passing the puck too much,not thinking,and he also said that it will take him some time to get back to the game that he can play. I can not remember who he was on his line,I don't really care who his linemates are as long as Forsberg and Nashville does not stop Toronto from making the playoffs.

02-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Preds have lost 2 straight to the Blues and the Wild....adda boy Pete....... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I know he didn't play against the Blues but still it's pretty stupid.