PDA

View Full Version : Playoff invoices

rinkrat
02-16-2007, 05:13 PM
I just got my playoff invoice and the Giants are wanting payment for 16 playoff games by March 9 or they release the tickets.Last season it was done in two seperate billings,for two rounds each time.
I have to say it seems a little demanding,you would think they could be a little flexible with their loyal fan base.
I think its time to call the office! :burningma

IamBatman
02-16-2007, 05:32 PM
I just got my playoff invoice and the Giants are wanting payment for 16 playoff games by March 9 or they release the tickets.Last season it was done in two seperate billings,for two rounds each time.
I have to say it seems a little demanding,you would think they could be a little flexible with their loyal fan base.
I think its time to call the office! :burningma

That seems a little unreasonable. Are you sure there is nothing saying that a deposit is required to keep your seats, and the remainder is due at the end of the playoffs? I know this is how the Kamloops Blazers are Cougars do theirs, as I am the one who prints them.

Kamfan
02-16-2007, 06:41 PM
That seems a little unreasonable. Are you sure there is nothing saying that a deposit is required to keep your seats, and the remainder is due at the end of the playoffs? I know this is how the Kamloops Blazers are Cougars do theirs, as I am the one who prints them.

Blazers used to do that but they haven't in the last few years. Now you pay in 2 instalments.

Beaner
02-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Well it says and I quote

Based on season Ticket Holder feedback from past seasons, we have redesigned our Playoff Ticket Order proccedure. Instead of processing orders in two phases, this year we are invoicing for all four playoff rounds at once, which amounts to a maximum of 16 home games.

I dont remember any such survey asking about playoff invoices, but I can't remember the questions from last years STH questionnaire anyway.

However, I did find it annoying to get an invoice for rounds 1/2, and then once round one was over receive yet another invoice for rounds 3/4.

A lot more notice about this policy change in advance would have been nice, like maybe December so just so everyone had a heads up about it, instead of what we got right now which is basically 2 weeks notice.

GF71
02-16-2007, 07:57 PM
I too am quite upset with this. I spoke with several people in the front office and the is a sumarization of what they told me.

As for the feedback, they told me that this was from phone calls received from season ticket holders over the last few years...there was no survey to to speak.

The main reasoning behind the decision is logistical. They only have a staff of two in ticketing, so it is twofold...one to ease the burden on them-when there was only 2500 season tix holders it was not an issure. They are now pushing 6000. Secondly it is to expedite the distribution of tickets, especially for the third and fourth rounds if need be.

While I do not agree with the principal behind this decision, or even support it for that matter, I thought I would tell you what I was told.

rinkrat
02-16-2007, 08:26 PM
While I do not agree with the principal behind this decision, or even support it for that matter, I thought I would tell you what I was told.

Thanks for letting us know what you were told. ;)

Section_Z
02-16-2007, 08:58 PM
yep, they should have published this when they distributed the invoice for the season, as the round one payment could have been included in that payment this may have affected your decision, knowing that it was all or nothing, anyway.

dondo
02-19-2007, 12:53 PM
well instead of trying to cater to their STHs they are actively alienating them now, with absolutely no carrots to hold out to keep them (no Mem Cup, no World Juniors) -- don't be surprised to see a lot of valley and PoCo, etc people jump to the Bruins.

Frankly considering there are no guarantees in the playoffs the deposit is the way to go -- pay rounds 1 and 2 up front and a deposit for the rest of the playoffs (to be paid in full at the end), but I expect that the Giants are worried they are going to lose patrons, so they simply hope that the STHs who are screwed over by not seeing all the games due them will leave the money owed to them to carry over and collect interest for the team not the STH.

I vote that as soon as all the playoffs are over, we as STHs do not let the money sit for next season but demand a rebate immediately -- maybe it'll smarten them the hell up.

This is simply a greedy cash grab, and is sickening imnsho -- I think the Giants are breeding ill-feelings from the get-go and if the team keeps phoning in theses games the only thing keeping us in our seats, won't be worth the hassle of the rest of the crap.

Carebear
02-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Here's what baffles me.
I'm a mini pack holder, and got the exact same invoice that I'm sure you guys did.

Stating that if they don't go that far in the playoffs, the money will go towards my seasons tickets next year. Umm..since when did I agree to be buying seasons tickets next year?

Also, Dondo, in my letter it DOES say "..or you can simply have your money refunded at the completion of the playoffs".

I'm not a fan of paying all of this at once though. Because I don't even know if I can do it. It's not like I've just got $500 kickin around waiting for something to spend it on. If I had known a little sooner I could've started putting some money aside, but with no warning and such a short time to send back the order, I dunno if I'm gonna be able to find the money.

So right now, I'm kinda screwed.

dondo
02-19-2007, 01:17 PM
oh I know CB, but the expectation, as I see it, is that the STHs will let the money ride 'til next year -- so what I am suggesting is that we exercise our right and take all of the money owed to us back at the end of the playoffs - to send a message.

I see this as a gambit to get more money in the STH's account so that they'll just let it collect and increase the likelihood that the STHs will renew with all of the money still in the account.

Frankly I think the 3/4 rounds should be a deposit, and rounds 1/2 paid outright.

GF71
02-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Here's what baffles me.
I'm a mini pack holder, and got the exact same invoice that I'm sure you guys did.

Stating that if they don't go that far in the playoffs, the money will go towards my seasons tickets next year. Umm..since when did I agree to be buying seasons tickets next year?

Also, Dondo, in my letter it DOES say "..or you can simply have your money refunded at the completion of the playoffs".

I'm not a fan of paying all of this at once though. Because I don't even know if I can do it. It's not like I've just got $500 kickin around waiting for something to spend it on. If I had known a little sooner I could've started putting some money aside, but with no warning and such a short time to send back the order, I dunno if I'm gonna be able to find the money.

So right now, I'm kinda screwed.

To play devil's advocate though, it was nto a secret that the playoff invoices were coming..?? IT does suck and is a terrible decision on the teams part. They have been getting bombarded with emails and phone calls for what it is worth.

Carebear
02-19-2007, 02:24 PM
To play devil's advocate though, it was nto a secret that the playoff invoices were coming..?? IT does suck and is a terrible decision on the teams part. They have been getting bombarded with emails and phone calls for what it is worth.

Of course it wasn't.
But having to pay for 4 rounds all at once was obviously a huge shock.

Still haven't decided what I'm gonna do. Boogaard'd

Carebear
02-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Well....thank god for VISA.

old_time_hockey
02-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Well....thank god for VISA.

You getting airmiles like me?

Carebear
02-20-2007, 06:25 PM
You getting airmiles like me?

No airmiles for me.
Just happy I came up with a way to get the tickets! pbj

Just can't let dad find out! :eek:

Beaner
02-20-2007, 08:21 PM

Heh probably created more work for their 2 staffers answering angry emails and phone calls.

All could have been very easily avoided, if they had just informed everyone back in December.

dondo
02-20-2007, 08:25 PM
actually had they informed everybody at the beginning of the season -- they should not be changing these rules mid-season.

Frankly its a pretty piss-poor gutless way to inform your loyal fans, and could even cause a bunch of those 6000 to hand in their seats at the end of the season.

I'm sure that the STH count is going to drop by a fair percentage next year anyway, and this kind of treatment doesn't endear the Giants (mis)management to their major fan-base.

N.W. Bruin
02-20-2007, 10:04 PM
But oh well already paid for the first four games so it is only a outlay of twelve games with a very good likelyhood of a large credit coming from it.

By the way I get 10% off at the Bruins' store because I am a season ticket holder out there. I have been a Giants' season ticket holder for six seasons and get 0% off at their store. It adds up to a pretty good savings plus there is far better selection of stuff out in Chilliwack including pins of the other teams in the league.

And the team cards in Chilliwack were $5.95 less 10% plus the two taxes so just over $6.00.

scrunt
02-20-2007, 11:43 PM
By the way I get 10% off at the Bruins' store because I am a season ticket holder out there. I have been a Giants' season ticket holder for six seasons and get 0% off at their store.

Considering the garbage that is for sale in the Giants store, the lack of a STH discount makes it even easier to not waste my money. And I'm seeing the benefits of my boycott of the crappy beer, by saving even more money.

Thanks to the poor management by the team, I probably have a couple of hunderd dollars more in my bank account than I would if they were selling stuff I want to buy. :D

And the Giants have a couple of hunderd bucks less of my money... :D:D:thumb: