PDA

View Full Version : Yaaaaahooooooo

crackerjack57
02-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Is it allright to judge them when their down and love em' when their up? Cuz I'm sure as heck loven em' right now.

transplantedbronco
02-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Crackerjack its fine to do so, its called hockey and everyone does it. When you team loses ( and i dont care what sport, league or city you live ) everyone gets down and starts to judge and or critisize. Its what people do. Its just more prevalent now with the internet. When one can say whatever is on their mind and able to do it anonymously we hear more of it. When one has to put thier ream NAME behind something it totally chenges what they say. But this has been going on since the beginning of organised sport. The players just need us the fans behind them one way or another. Gotta keep the faith. And yeah right now we love them.

loud and proud
02-17-2007, 10:25 AM
The idea is that the fans need to love them even when they aren't winning. That doesn't mean you can't offer comment when they aren't playing the way everyone knows they can. If the fans stick with them through the good and bad then they have earned the right to talk. The guys have been building toward this win for a few games now so they have been rewarded for not giving up and displaying a good work ethic. If the fans have a supportive attitude they will be rewarded too.

BladeRunner
02-17-2007, 11:25 AM
you guys are starting to sound like a bunch of Dr. Phils over here! :spineyes:

you better go out and give them some lovin tonight so the Broncos have a chance at winning tonight! :evil:

d-man
02-17-2007, 11:42 AM
you guys are starting to sound like a bunch of Dr. Phils over here! :spineyes:

you better go out and give them some lovin tonight so the Broncos have a chance at winning tonight! :evil:

Speaking of Dr. Phil...

Courtesy www.prairiepost.com
Broncos should be on Dr. Phil
By Ryan Dahlman, Sports Column
Here’s a thought from way out in left field: maybe some of the veterans from the Swift Current Broncos should go on the Dr. Phil show. Couldn’t you just hear the tall Texas Oprah opportunist ... errr ... clinical psychologist talking to the veterans who seem to have a knack for taking frustrating, unnecessary penalties at bad times?On the show we could use Exhibit A: the Brandon Wheat Kings game Tuesday night at the Civic Centre.Neither Dr. Phil nor I were at the Civic Center on Tuesday, so all we have to go from is the scoresheets and the statistical summary. In this case, it can be easily argued it told the tale of the evening.“Yeah, all those pen-al-tees y’all are takin’-how’s that workin fer ya?” Mr. McGraw would ask.Well, not very good Dr. Phil. The Wheat Kings were 4 for 9 on the powerplay on Tuesday. The crowd groans and the Broncos on stage are probably looking like they were going on a roadtrip to play in Medicine Hat or Moose Jaw.Dr. Phil would then go on to berate the Broncos’ players for thinking only of themselves. Somehow the conversation would drift off to get “to the root of the problem” and while it would be too dramatic to talk about the seven deadly sins: the balding brainiac talks about greed, wrath, pride, and envy.Dr. Phil’s researchers had earlier informed him the Wheaties are fourth in the Western Hockey League in powerplay success with a 20.1 per cent success rate. On the road, they have the second best powerplay in the WHL with a 19.7 per cent.Conversely, Dr. Phil would drawl that the Broncos are fourth worst in the league at killing penalties at home with only an 81.6 per cent success rate. To top it off, the Broncos have taken 1,667 minutes in penalties or 28.7 average per game.Undisciplined play will not allow a team to generate any kind of momentum. Hence, the longest winning streak the Broncos have had this year was three games and that was on their road trip in B.C. to start the season.“Are you kidding me?! Y’all gotta get real!” Dr. Phil would bellow in front of the predominantly female studio audience who are nodding in agreement and are clapping profusely. Some people may even be wiping away a tear.The Broncos are 2-7 in their last nine. Taking too many penalties isn’t the only thing you can blame —inexperience, offensive woes, injuries and inconsistency between the pipes have all hurt the last while.Fans are quick to blame the coaching staff. Do you really think that the two men behind the bench haven’t told their players about this stuff? I mean c’mon, Chynoweth has worked with the national program before, he’s an ex-NHLer, he’s won a Memorial Cup. Dave Hunchak took his Kindersley Klippers all the way to the Junior A Final. They know what they’re doing.Some of the players need to look in the mirror and ask if they’re playing smart. There’s too much talent throughout the roster and coaching staff to have such a nasty dry spell.Are they just venting frustration? Are they just personally undisciplined? Maybe they don’t need Dr. Phil, maybe they need one of those British biddies from Nanny-9-1-1 or Supernanny to talk about reinforcement, time-outs and earning some positive time.Whatever it is, the Broncos need to get this settled now. A players-only meeting? Coaches yelling? begging? A Paul Ayotte speech? Perhaps drawing inspiration from Charlie Horse’s birthday at Friday’s game? Chairman Ben Wiebe?A veteran needs to grab this team by the proverbial throat and get something going. And I don't mean playing with more emotion, I mean playing with some heart and brains. I realize confidence is a fragile thing, especially with younger players, and that's where the older guys come in. They need to be leaders. That means don’t take stupid, selfish misconducts, fighting penalties, roughing penalties just to prove a point. That doesn’t mean they have to be wimps, they just have to be smarter. The coaches can’t do it for them. Otherwise, Bronco fans will just have to wait for playoff success until next year... again.