PDA

View Full Version : Old Time Hockey hits the Lilac City.

HAF
02-18-2007, 01:37 AM
listened to the 3rd period on the Kootenay feed after the Ams game was over. It sounded like after the Chiefs went down by a pair things got ugly. Anyone who was there care to comment? The play by play guy from Kootenay said he figures a suspension coming for Wahl. The PBP guy said he pretty much "Inglis'd" Sylvester right off the draw. Anyone have a recap? Things also got pretty interesting after the final buzzer. Dakers crossing the redline shucking gear? Sounds like good times up north tonight.

1 - KTN Dakers, 5:49 - Roughing , 2 min (PP)
1 - SPO Haw, 7:55 - Delay of Game , 2 min (PP)
1 - SPO Roman, 13:08 - Tripping , 2 min (PP)
1 - KTN Busto, 19:49 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)
2 - SPO Haw, 6:10 - Tripping , 2 min (PP)
2 - KTN Bauer, 6:16 - Interference , 2 min (PP)
2 - KTN Negrin, 7:16 - Interference , 2 min (PP)
2 - KTN Greenan, 8:02 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)
2 - SPO Grabner, 8:34 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)
2 - SPO Rutherford, 11:49 - Boarding , 2 min (PP)
2 - SPO Bruton, 16:08 - Boarding , 2 min (PP)
3 - KTN Busto, 7:06 - Boarding , 2 min (PP)
3 - KTN Stickland, 16:30 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
3 - SPO Rutherford, 16:30 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
3 - KTN Bohunicky, 16:48 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
3 - SPO Blackwater, 16:48 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
3 - SPO Bruton, 17:12 - Roughing , 2 min
3 - KTN Fussi, 18:21 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
3 - SPO Esposito, 18:21 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
3 - KTN Bauer, 19:12 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
3 - SPO Reddington, 19:12 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
3 - KTN Sylvester, 19:19 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
3 - SPO Wahl, 19:19 - Instigator , 2 min
3 - SPO Wahl, 19:19 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
3 - SPO Wahl, 19:19 - Game Misconduct , 10 min
3 - KTN Barteaux, 20:00 - Roughing , 2 min
3 - KTN Dakers, 20:00 - 10-Minute Misconduct , 10 min
3 - SPO Bruton, 20:00 - Roughing , 2 min

old_time_hockey
02-18-2007, 01:50 AM
Damn rights!!! Old Time Hockey in the house!!!!

Oh....you meant the game :o

From the rap sheet it looks like a barn burner. Even Grabner got in on the action. Granted it was a slash, but he will fit in with the Canucks. All the Nucks seem to take these days are holding, slashing or hooking calls.

chiefgongshow
02-18-2007, 04:14 AM
Nothing should happen to Wahl, they both knew a fight was coming and had a lengthty convo prior to the faceoff. Mitch was just faster to get the gloves off and chuck'em.

Dakers was standing at the redline watching I think Stephans get into a shoving match with Tokarski after 2 Ice surrounded Tik. After everything gets broken up Dakers decided to try to act tough bu dropping the stick and blocker and skating towards Tokarski. The linesman stopped them from having a go, and Tokarski was still trying to get him some. With Dakers being pushed back pretty easily I thought by the linesman lol. I dont think Dakers really wanted to have a go, just wanted to make it seem that way.

Bruton wanted to of DaSilva but he didnt think the same. Bruton found a partner somewhat at the end of the game but the linesman wrestled those 2 down and apart like their life depended on it.

fightstrap50
02-18-2007, 02:52 PM
You failed to mention Rutherford getting his last deserts handed to him by our 5'9" rookie Micheal Stickland. What a pounding he gave him. Wow, right on Stickland.

Bohunicky took one uppercut and maybe lost that one but hes a Euro D man.

Dakers by the sound of it on the radio was making a joke of it all at the end so dropped his blocker for the heck of it. Must have been funny to watch all this going on in person and not the internet or radio.

By the way I think Wahl will/should totaly get suspended, Sylvester is one of the smallest guys in the league and is NOT going to fight nor is he a fighter. He had his head down taking the faceoff and not even looking at him and was 100% cheapshot jumped by a wuss to scared to go with someone for real. He then proceeds to freak out for 3 minutes afterwards. Make a statement WHL and boot this kid for 3 games or more.

The ICE cleaned house in most of the game and took the win, thats all that matters here. Spoke put up a fight, not a game.

Whats with your team and running goalies constantly every year??
Every game its the same thing, is that how they get wins?

GO ICE GO!!!

chiefgongshow
02-18-2007, 06:07 PM
You failed to mention Rutherford getting his last deserts handed to him by our 5'9" rookie Micheal Stickland. What a pounding he gave him. Wow, right on Stickland.
Rutherfords only 5'9 as well. I wouldnt really call it a pounding but more of a decisive tilt in favor of Stickland. Rutherford took the punches his mouth earned him.

Bohunicky took one uppercut and maybe lost that one but hes a Euro D man.
Bohunicky lost his bout with Blackwater. I think more and more being a Euro doesnt mean you dont know how to fight in this league anymore. He had 2 maybe 3 inches on Blackwater and put up a good fight against a pretty tough customer.

By the way I think Wahl will/should totaly get suspended, Sylvester is one of the smallest guys in the league and is NOT going to fight nor is he a fighter. He had his head down taking the faceoff and not even looking at him and was 100% cheapshot jumped by a wuss to scared to go with someone for real. He then proceeds to freak out for 3 minutes afterwards. Make a statement WHL and boot this kid for 3 games or more.
If Wahl gets a suspension it will most likely just be for instigating. Wahl is not a fighter either, in fact hes never been in one ever I believe. Both players were talking it over before the faceoff, so I assume they had an agreement to give it a go. Wahl just didnt follow the code which is really the only fault I see in it. There are far worse things that happen on ice that deserve 3 games, it was just you typical instigator type fight. As far as freaking out for 3 minutes I have no clue what youre talking about. The refs seperated them and Wahl got up smiling, just for the fact that he was relieved. Sylvester was the more animated one of the 2 imo.

The ICE cleaned house in most of the game and took the win, thats all that matters here. Spoke put up a fight, not a game.
The Ice are a great team with equally great fans. Its always a pleasure to watch them and now that theyre in the eastern conference its easier to root for them lol. Spokane may have lost but it was a very enjoyable game.

Whats with your team and running goalies constantly every year??
Every game its the same thing, is that how they get wins?
Rutherford is the main culprit for crashing the net and making contact sometimes. It got him a goal when Dakers misplayed a puck. Thats just his aggitating style I guess, he really likes to get as close to the goalie as he can. I dont really consider the Chiefs as a whole a goalie running team.

Jimmypop316
02-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Getting in close with the pucks kind of bouncing around.. yes.

But running the goalie is over the top there. There wasn't a single goaltender interference penalty that entire game, and there have been few this entire year.