PDA

View Full Version : Giants 3 Cougars 1

PGFlyfisher
02-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Once again great game despite shoddy officiating both ways! Cougars owning the 1st period, even in the 2nd and Giants showing up, outright owning the 3rd outshooting the Cougs 17-3!
Both goalies coming up big, especially Bowles on a very questionable penalty shot. Definitely a penalty, but not so sure about a PS.
Great effort by the boys, but gotta say that Dudas shouldn' t be getting that much icetime while it is quite evident that he isn' t in game shape physically or mentally! 3 MAJOR goof ups in 2 games and no "mustard" to give chase after his giveaways. Good on him for owning up on the post game show though and good on Drew for making him accountable.
Tough road trip ahead so keep up the hard work boys! Very proud of the effort as of late! applause

Sput
02-18-2007, 06:07 PM
So the coaching staff finally held someone accountable for how they played on the ice. Amazing. Something I haven' seen happen here is a long time.

From the bitsand pieces of the games I heard this weekend they both sounded like greatgames to watch. Even Ron made them sound exciting, and if you've heard out pbp guy.....thats a tough thing for him to accomplish.

Tough four game road trip coming this week, but with the confidance these boys are showing now, anything can happen. I;m going to call 2 and 2. maybe 3-1 for this road stint.

Swando
02-19-2007, 11:45 AM
So the coaching staff finally held someone accountable for how they played on the ice. Amazing. Something I haven' seen happen here is a long time.

From the bitsand pieces of the games I heard this weekend they both sounded like greatgames to watch. Even Ron made them sound exciting, and if you've heard out pbp guy.....thats a tough thing for him to accomplish.

Tough four game road trip coming this week, but with the confidance these boys are showing now, anything can happen. I;m going to call 2 and 2. maybe 3-1 for this road stint.

Even Ron made them sound exciting, and if you've heard out pbp guy.....thats a tough thing for him to accomplish.

Glad you guys feel the same way. The PBP guy from last year was tons worse but this guy is no gem either. I really got tired of the over the air complaining about the officials. We all over like our own announcers as we all are a bit of homers, but I think Ron and the PBP guy take the cake. In the first series at PG I fianlly turned to our local radio broadcast and watched the delayed picture on the net.

dondo
02-19-2007, 01:10 PM
from the box score the PP chances were 3 (Giants) to 5 (PG) -- how is this horrible officiating unless its what they didn't call that is the complaining point.

After the parade to the penalty box the night before from the same two refs it appears to me that they decided to let the two teams play, tonight instead of penalizing every little hold, or fall for the dives -- they let some things go.

I also find it amusing that the only team, on both nights, to get a PP goal - lost - while the other guys without the PP tally won.

Sexsmith is such a hot and cold goalie, sometimes he seems to be invincible and then other nights he lets those soft ones by him -- I know that's the case with a lot of goalies, but its pretty glaring in Tyson's case.

Having seen neither game, my observations could be completely off-base, but usually the boxscore tells the tale, and its seemed like Sat. was wide-open hokcey and Friday was defense first hockey.

Sput
02-19-2007, 06:58 PM
From all accounts this was an odd weekend. Both our color guy and the pbp goof said the team that played better both nights lost, dispite having the better pressure and chances. What it came down o is who made the mistake nd who could capitalize on those mistakes. I was honestly shocked to hear Dudas own up to making the mistakes that cost the two goals in the saturday game. This might be something new thats going to happen.

I think the Cougars finally have some confidane that they can play hard against teams like the Giants, Blazers, and even the Tigers and Ice, and have sucess. With this team getting warmer to hot at the right time of year, it could make for some very interesting playoff series for whoever ends up second in the BC Div.

PGFlyfisher
02-19-2007, 07:13 PM
from the box score the PP chances were 3 (Giants) to 5 (PG) -- how is this horrible officiating unless its what they didn't call that is the complaining point.

I wasn' t complaining about the penalties so much as the overall officiating. Yes, there were a few non-calls and the penalty shot was absolutely bogus! The very same play happened at the other end of the rink and not even a penalty called. But, it wasn' t just the refs, I was also talking about the linesmen as well. There were too many soft icing calls and missed off-sides for this level of hockey IMO.

Beaner
02-19-2007, 08:12 PM
I think the Cougars finally have some confidane that they can play hard against teams like the Giants, Blazers, and even the Tigers and Ice, and have sucess. With this team getting warmer to hot at the right time of year, it could make for some very interesting playoff series for whoever ends up second in the BC Div.

If that happens look out. I think neither the Giants nor the Blazers want to face the Cougars in the first round, just in case they do "peak" at the right time.