PDA

View Full Version : The Saskatoon Blades

Tidball
02-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Lets look at some games VS Top CHL teams.

Blades VS Vancouver(Vancouver was the best CHL team at the time)

2-1 Vancouver
----------------------------------
Blades VS Kootenay( I believe this seiries is 2-2)
Blades VS Tigers

Tigers 5 - Blades 4 (OT)

Tigers 3 - Blades 2
Blades VS Wheatkings

Blades 3 - Wheatkings 1

Blades 4 - Wheatkings 5(S.O)

My point is the Blades have played top teams very well. Should the Blades meet the Wheatkings in the first round, i think it will be a GREAT series. If the Wheatkings take the Blades lightly, there will be an upset.

Keep in mind im speaking as if we clinch playoffs. If we keep playing like we have in recent weeks, we just may sneak in. IMO the Blades(given thier crapload of injuries) have FAR exceeded thier expectations. There is no quit in this club and i only see good things in the future. If we play with this much heart when Berg, Elliot, Like, Hamilton, are 17, Hulak, Gillies, Holtby are 19. We will make some noise.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
02-18-2007, 05:13 PM
I liek that idea of us being so close with the big boys seeing as though we are very young, I'm not gunna rip on them by being close but not winning because we are again young so being that close to the big boys is awsome enough and gives me a taste of what they can do next season.

BladeRunner
02-18-2007, 11:36 PM
it's no dought that the Blades are gonna be great team next year, but your right about them playing very well against good teams, and if they keep this up they very well just sneak into the last playoff spot. what i also like seeing from the Blades recently is the amount of shots being out on net, the more shots for the Blades the more potential of goals to be scored instead of losing by one or two goals. so i cant wait till tuesday when the Blades play, maybe we will be able to the Blades have another blowout, but either way i just want the BLades to win, so they can make the playoffs!