PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Menei, 2007 WHL Most improved player?

Tidball
02-19-2007, 02:01 PM
To be honest i didnt do my research, but i will be DAMN suprised if anyone has even come close to the improvement this guy made. He got cut from the Moose Jaw Warriors, made the Blades lineup as a 4th line checker for a few years. He got benched for a couple months due to bad fitness, he hit the gym hard, came back with a positive attitude, went to europe to tune up his skills, was not supposed to make this team but did, and he is now the best player on the team and 1 of the league best. Most Improved player in my eyes bar none.

BladeRunner
02-19-2007, 02:10 PM
TOTALLY! what he has done to himself or better yet for himself to be the player he is now is just amazing, the way you described it basically tells it all. Menei has always been a player faverite of mine and be forever and to me always seems to come threw at the right time to give that extra boost for the Blades.

way to go Ryan! 2006-07 GP=56--G34--A33=67PTS

Trav
02-19-2007, 02:24 PM
He's certainly the most improved player on the team and probably in the league to but of course im a Blades fan so other fans will think im biased. I think we'll see Menei in the AHL or ECHL at least next year. If not, hope he goes to the Huskies.

Tidball
02-19-2007, 03:55 PM
He's certainly the most improved player on the team and probably in the league to but of course im a Blades fan so other fans will think im biased. I think we'll see Menei in the AHL or ECHL at least next year. If not, hope he goes to the Huskies.

He's also considering Europe an option. But the way he plays now he looks like Ryan Keller during his 20 season. Keller is lighting it up in the AHL, so who knows maybe Menei will play pro in North America.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Menei has definitely improved alot, but I dont know about most improved....

I think that it will probably go to Ryan Depape... but players like Menei, Rob Klinkhammer, or even Brad Cole are worthy of considering too. Dont know who would be up there from the West Conf though...

Dwight Schrute
02-19-2007, 05:01 PM
"Keller is lighting it up in the AHL" i fail to understand this comment ? keller has 9g8a for 17 points in 35 games. not what id consider lighting it up.

props to menei for his improvement this year and also to the poster who noted ryan depapes improvement. menei should go to europe if he is smart as he would earn more money then the echl

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-19-2007, 05:35 PM
I think he is an improved player for sure,he lost weight to make him faster,worked out hard in the off season,and it payed huge dividends for him because he made the team as a 20 year old(which was doubtful with the possibility of Barnes,Setoguchi,and Rabbit returning)but 1 did not return and the other two where traded away,he was going to go to Europe(if those 3 players did return) but did not and now he is a very key player on the Saskatoon Blades,he is currently 11th in WHL scoring with 67 points.

He may not be the most improved player but he might be the runner up.

BladeRunner
02-19-2007, 07:47 PM
the one thing on why i like to watch and cheer for the WHL teams, especially the Blades, for one it's close to home and that im able to see players who may very well have the potential to make it to the NHL and hope to see them in the NHL. for example: Mike Green, we all seen him play for the Blades and now the odd time im able to see him on the tv, well you guessed it playing in the NHL! so Menei is one player i am rooting for to make it to the NHL one day. maybe even wearing the Colorado Avalanche uniform(my faverite team), but no matter what team he ends up playing for i will cheer for him!

Tidball
02-19-2007, 07:56 PM
"Keller is lighting it up in the AHL" i fail to understand this comment ? keller has 9g8a for 17 points in 35 games. not what id consider lighting it up.

props to menei for his improvement this year and also to the poster who noted ryan depapes improvement. menei should go to europe if he is smart as he would earn more money then the echl

To be honest i didnt look at his stats. But i was told he was moved onto the #1 line for the Griffins so i guess i just assumed he was doing something special.

the only young guns better then him are Ericsson a euro. And London Knights star Danny Syvret.