PDA

View Full Version : anyone else get their playoff package imfo ?

shushu
02-19-2007, 02:10 PM
they got to be kidding. like grainbear said its not impossible for the canes to make the playoff , but its looking pretty grim. and for them to start canvassing their packages and then tell people that the money will be held untill next year if they dont make it ............. family values ? i got a better word for it .........scumbags!!!

loudi94
02-19-2007, 04:28 PM
they got to be kidding. like grainbear said its not impossible for the canes to make the playoff , but its looking pretty grim. and for them to start canvassing their packages and then tell people that the money will be held untill next year if they dont make it ............. family values ? i got a better word for it .........scumbags!!!

It's a choice ticket holders have to make. If they do make the playoffs and these packages weren't mailed out, the glut at the box-office would be huge. I won't be buying them until the last second, if at all.

PS if the Canes win tonight the Rebels magic number will be 15 points.

shushu
02-19-2007, 04:47 PM
It's a choice ticket holders have to make. If they do make the playoffs and these packages weren't mailed out, the glut at the box-office would be huge. I won't be buying them until the last second, if at all.

PS if the Canes win tonight the Rebels magic number will be 15 points.
you could run down the concourse with your arms spread wide apart and not worry about hitting anyone, it was that empty.. man i hope this isnt what the next 2 years holds for us, this up and down bs...................

Rebel66
02-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Every team that I know of do this, especially if there is even a remote chance of them making the playoffs. It would be remiss if they didn't. Lets face it it would be a nightmare at the box office if season ticket playoff packages didn't go out. The Canes are just handling business issues in a professional manner, nothing more nothing less.

LHF
02-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Shushu, I can't believe you would call the front office scumbags for offering playoff packages. Makes me wonder what the heck you are thinking. I mean, come on, if they don't offer the packages what are they saying about our team? They would be saying they have no confidence that they will make the playoffs. And as long as there is a remote chance they could make the playoffs, they have to go with it. It's not a case of them trying to get money from anyone, because any money put down now will go towards next years season ticket packages.

And of course, you have a choice...you can go with it and buy a playoff package, or toss your papers in the garbage...it as easy as that.

But don't call them scumbags for making the offer to the fans.

nhl

aaAlta
02-20-2007, 12:53 AM
Its dissappointing to think it looks like they will miss the playoff cut this year. They needed to play 700 hockey all the way since the new year. They were close for awhile. Maybe if they get almost all the rest of the way they could still do it. I dunno.

But overall they are about the midway point in the W. Especially when you consider the amount of games in the Central. So they have been competitive most of the way. The expectation is that should improve a bit next year, giving them a better run. The year past that they could be ranked fairly high. If they make the most of what they've got.

shushu
02-20-2007, 01:20 AM
Shushu, I can't believe you would call the front office scumbags for offering playoff packages. Makes me wonder what the heck you are thinking. I mean, come on, if they don't offer the packages what are they saying about our team? They would be saying they have no confidence that they will make the playoffs. And as long as there is a remote chance they could make the playoffs, they have to go with it. It's not a case of them trying to get money from anyone, because any money put down now will go towards next years season ticket packages.

And of course, you have a choice...you can go with it and buy a playoff package, or toss your papers in the garbage...it as easy as that.

But don't call them scumbags for making the offer to the fans.

nhl
i talked to half a dozen people that bought packages last year and they all said the same thing. 10 game package ? come on we cant even make it though the first round and after that all their cash sit in the canes bank instead of their own. if your talking 2 adults and a child it adds up especially in today world . what would make sence is selling one round at a time . at least they would not have hundreds of dollars sitting elsewhere . look at last year playoffs and the numbers at the games . i proove my point. you are one of the few poster on this board i have respect for but to say that the team is '' just making the offer to the fans''?. the front office does'nt give a **** about you and me it the almighty dollar and they prooved it time and again..........................

aaAlta
02-20-2007, 10:37 AM
I agree with shushu as well. In that they shouldnt have to keep any unplayed playoff games paid for next season credits. Maybe package each round. And you can secure as many rounds as you want. After that remainder will be available first come, first serve. But when its over, any unplayed tickets bought are completely refundable. Next season being a different bargain entirely.

LHF
02-20-2007, 11:09 AM
I hear what you guys are saying. I haven't seen my playoff package yet, I'm not home. I went looking on the Canes website for prices, but couldn't find any.

Anyway, maybe you should voice your concerns to the hurricane office, and they could change things for next year.

In any case, I sure hope they make the playoffs because I think they could turn some heads. I think next year they will definitely make some noise throughout the whole year...I know I'm sick of hearing that too, but this time I really do believe it.

nhl

loudi94
02-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Anyway, maybe you should voice your concerns to the hurricane office, and they could change things for next year.

:laugh: haha

And hell would freeze over.

Tinner
02-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Most teams, as part of sound business practices, put playoff packages out around this time. I don't think its a matter of "trying" to milk the fans for more money, but more of a conveinence for those fans who choose to buy the packages. I, for one, look at it as if I buy the playoff package and the team doesn't make it or only makes 1 round before being beat, the money I pay will make next years season tickets a smaller blow to the wallet.

In Red Deer, you can buy an 8 game or a 16 game package. If anything, I don't like how they price the tickets as paying 30% more is being greedy.

shushu
02-20-2007, 01:25 PM
the way they do business. as for talking to the canes i have, and as loudi said hell would freeze over first. i stop in to watch the boys practice early one season and talked to one of the front office staff . the reason for the big packages was to make your season tickets for next year unavoidable. heres a word ,interest, not on your money but theirs..why not just keep the mandatory deposits in june and make the packages one round so familys dont have to shovel out large dollars...i bet there would be bigger crowds if they lowered the pricetag................imo

loudi94
02-20-2007, 02:49 PM
i bet there would be bigger crowds if they lowered the pricetag................imo

If they cared about bigger crowds, they would have kept Yellowhorn. The absence of the Native population is very noticeable.

grainbear
02-20-2007, 05:47 PM
I will be honest, I could have saved a lot of money by buying the playoff package last year , but I didn,t . I simply don,t like the idea of buying something when I have no assurance of 10 games. I would suggest that they put two packages together, the 10 game package for those interested and also a package for each series. I don,t care if I pay the full price I just want the same seats , and the option of whether I will buy the season ticket package if we don,t advance . That is why I did not renew my season tickets last year. Yet , I ended up at almost all the games unless i was out of town. Marketing is about consumer choice and we don,t get that here.

dondo
02-20-2007, 08:34 PM
we used to do two installments, rounds 1 and 2.. and then rounds 3 and 4, but this year the Giants in their infinite wisdom have decided to ask for it all up-front - all four rounds -- or you don't get any -- now that's scumbaggery.

and I agree with shushu that the 'canes are being scumbags by not returning the money but holding it until next season -- that's why they are being scumbags.

Offering a playoff package is all well and good but to say they won't refund your money until next season (as I understand the original post) is out and out crappy. Do they get to keep all the interest or are they going to give that to you as legally they should.

shushu
02-20-2007, 10:09 PM
we used to do two installments, rounds 1 and 2.. and then rounds 3 and 4, but this year the Giants in their infinite wisdom have decided to ask for it all up-front - all four rounds -- or you don't get any -- now that's scumbaggery.

and I agree with shushu that the 'canes are being scumbags by not returning the money but holding it until next season -- that's why they are being scumbags.

Offering a playoff package is all well and good but to say they won't refund your money until next season (as I understand the original post) is out and out crappy. Do they get to keep all the interest or are they going to give that to you as legally they should.

and ya fat chance on the interest, that why they keep it.so much for loyalty to the fans that support the team year in an out. the same with your giant all 4 round at once? you better clear your visa before that swipe,that going to be a big purchase.................

moon
02-21-2007, 12:21 AM
I have heard the same complaint from fans of other teams about the same interest thing.

For me it isn't a big deal at all. The interest is so small I couldn't care less.

hockey4
02-21-2007, 03:46 AM
I have heard the same complaint from fans of other teams about the same interest thing.

For me it isn't a big deal at all. The interest is so small I couldn't care less.

In Red Deer, we have the option to buy an 8 or 16 game pack. You can buy the 8 game pack, and then i belive there is another date set where you can up the order to 16 games if it looks like they will go farther. we also have an option to have the extra money credited to next years season tickets, or for a cheque refund. Everybody i talked to just gets credited for next year because everybody knows if they dont get the season tickets, they will never get them back (edleast not good seats).

hockey4
02-21-2007, 03:46 AM

In Red Deer, we have the option to buy an 8 or 16 game pack. You can buy the 8 game pack, and then i belive there is another date set where you can up the order to 16 games if it looks like they will go farther. we also have an option to have the extra money credited to next years season tickets, or for a cheque refund. Everybody i talked to just gets credited for next year because everybody knows if they dont get the season tickets, they will never get them back (edleast not good seats).

And when you mean the interest is small, do you mean in hurricanes playoff tickets in general, or in the matter being discussed (complaining about playoff ticket format).

loudi94
02-21-2007, 09:47 AM
And when you mean the interest is small, do you mean in hurricanes playoff tickets in general, or in the matter being discussed (complaining about playoff ticket format).

Both! :clap:

moon
02-21-2007, 12:36 PM

shusu mentioned that the team gets to keep the interest on your moeny and doesn't "give it back like they should." Thats what I was referring to.