PDA

View Full Version : Dark Horse....

RDRebelsfan
02-19-2007, 11:35 PM
we all know who the likely favorites are to win the league. But who in your eyes is the biggest dark horse?

I'd say Tri-City.

Tidball
02-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Basically you're talking about who has the best chance at suprising the league and winning the WHL championship. I will say Regina Pats. The talent is there, they got off to a VERY weak start and fell off of the radar. But now they are playing with thier potential. If Riech focuses on his skilled game more then his agitating game, and Rowat remains solid, i think the Pats could very well raise some eyebrows.

agent
02-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Basically you're talking about who has the best chance at suprising the league and winning the WHL championship. I will say Regina Pats. The talent is there, they got off to a VERY weak start and fell off of the radar. But now they are playing with thier potential. If Riech focuses on his skilled game more then his agitating game, and Rowat remains solid, i think the Pats could very well raise some eyebrows.

The offense mustered about 4 goals in 3 games on the weekend and they lost at Home 3 - 0 to the Bottom team on Sunday. :confused: I see more grins lately than eye brows being raised. haha
Can't see them getting past second round. :wave:

BladeRunner
02-20-2007, 05:46 PM
I dont know why but i have this gut feeling that the Red Deer Rebels are gonna do pretty good in the playoffs when they come around.

originally posted by: agent

The offense mustered about 4 goals in 3 games on the weekend and they lost at Home 3 - 0 to the Bottom team on Sunday. I see more grins lately than eye brows being raised.
Can't see them getting past second round.

that may be true, but the other team that could pretty far is the Pats, i agree with Tidball on this one. and it's not likley people will be able to cheer on the Warriors!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-20-2007, 08:01 PM
The offense mustered about 4 goals in 3 games on the weekend and they lost at Home 3 - 0 to the Bottom team on Sunday. :confused: I see more grins lately than eye brows being raised. haha
Can't see them getting past second round. :wave:

What about that 8 game winning streak? The pats have a wonderful record in the new year, even with those 3 extra losses added on. I wouldnt call them out of it yet.

Though I think we will be toast if we face the tigers, which almost seems inevitable.

Beaner
02-20-2007, 08:09 PM
we all know who the likely favorites are to win the league. But who in your eyes is the biggest dark horse?

I'm going with PG.

RDRebelsfan
02-21-2007, 12:05 AM
[QUOTE=BladeRunner]I dont know why but i have this gut feeling that the Red Deer Rebels are gonna do pretty good in the playoffs when they come around.

I Hope So.........................................

Triton
02-25-2007, 03:57 PM
.................Brandon

WHEATMAN
02-25-2007, 07:40 PM
.................Brandon

I wouldn't call Brandon a dark horse. I think they are more of a favorite, no? :p

Flathead
02-26-2007, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't call Brandon a dark horse. I think they are more of a favorite, no? :p
I don't think anyone in the east is a favorite. I would call Brandon a dark horse.

WHEATMAN
02-26-2007, 03:20 PM
I don't think anyone in the east is a favorite. I would call Brandon a dark horse.

I was just joking around, of course Brandon is a dark horse :)

Big Ern
02-26-2007, 03:42 PM
What about that 8 game winning streak? The pats have a wonderful record in the new year, even with those 3 extra losses added on. I wouldnt call them out of it yet.

Though I think we will be toast if we face the tigers, which almost seems inevitable.

You might oust Swift in the first round. I don't know what would happen if you faced P.A., but the Raiders can kill you. They have proven it, even when the Pats were red-hot. And also, if you face Swift, they are completely different in playoffs...usually. What I'm saying is, there is abseloutely nothing guaranteed for the Pats in round one, so don't put them in round two yet. Cause P.A. can go out one night and almost effortlessly beat them 5-1.....and of course we know what Swift did to them the one game...shall I mention it?... no I won't. Swift has beaten them twice, actually. Anything could happen here.

Blades 4 Life!
02-26-2007, 11:24 PM
I dont know why but i have this gut feeling that the Red Deer Rebels are gonna do pretty good in the playoffs when they come around.

Ya i agree with BladeRunnner. They have so much talent and probably the best coach in the WHL. Brent Suter knows how to coach it diffacult situations and had sucess with team Canada. They are the "Dark Horse"

Blueliner
03-17-2007, 04:00 PM
The winner of the SEA vs. TRI will win West.

Bold statement? Of course!

Toswammi
03-17-2007, 05:59 PM
how about Swift?? They are playing some of their best hockye of the year right now. Recently beat the top 3 teams in the East Conference. So why not Swift?

Shortys
03-17-2007, 10:41 PM
My money is also on the Pats to go far! maybe not win it all, but the East is definately plausable for them!

Fight Guy
03-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Swift Current can be taken easy (in my mind), but Medicine Hat will be tough. Honestly, the Pats are capable of doing it, especially during their last meeting which sounded like was an amazing game for both teams. Could potentially be a very good series...but Im not sure the Pats will be able to handle the Tigers in so many game in a row. Hope i'm wrong though. This is all if the Pats dont lose out to SC, and RD doesn't beat MH. haha

Rebel66
03-18-2007, 03:30 AM
Ya i agree with BladeRunnner. They have so much talent and probably the best coach in the WHL. Brent Suter knows how to coach it diffacult situations and had sucess with team Canada. They are the "Dark Horse"

The Rebels have some top end talent but suspect defensive play and goaltending at times. Also, they face arguably the best team in the league in the first round. They *could* give the Tigers a run for their money but, as much as I hate to say it, I wouldn't want to bet my mortgage on it. I hope I'm completely wrong though and you fine Blades fans are right!!!!!

As for dark horses I really don't think there will be any. I guess the Hitmen could be one if they get past the Ice. That is a tough task though.