PDA

View Full Version : Reese

Rsthelen
02-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Jason, 15 pts in his last 15 games, doing really good. What is McArdle doing in Vancouver, I ask NOT BEING AN AS* I havent paid attention to Vancouver since Jason was traded, so is he working out sofar as you fans hoped?

Again, not trying to stir the pot

Rob

Beaner
02-21-2007, 10:17 PM
McArdle is playing well, but just cant find the back of the net.

The way his luck is going he would miss the end boards, shooting from the goal line. LOL

The only thing I'm disappointed with is his offensive production. But it will come. Work ethic is fabulous.

Glad to hear Jason is doing well, the change of scenery looks just like what he needed to really get going.

Priceisright
02-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Jason, 15 pts in his last 15 games, doing really good. What is McArdle doing in Vancouver, I ask NOT BEING AN AS* I havent paid attention to Vancouver since Jason was traded, so is he working out sofar as you fans hoped?

Rob

McCardle will definitely be in the play-offs, can't wait. yeehoo

Swando
02-22-2007, 10:20 PM
If the Giants Brass new 2 months ago that this situation would be unfolding I don't think they would have had to give up a 2nd round pick as well. It looks to me the Warriors got the best of this deal so far. I'm also talking about team chemistry. Hide site is great and wel have to live with our trades. I hope McCardel picks up his scoring touch.

old_time_hockey
02-23-2007, 12:26 AM
Yeah, right now it looks like Moose Jaw got the better end of this deal.

BUT...where was the Jason Reese that people see now 4 months ago? If he was putting up a point a game here, I don't think he gets moved.

Perhaps if Jason didn't get moved his point production goes up to where it is now. But I doubt it. He has a WAY bigger role in MJ than Vancouver.

The true test of the worth of this trade will pan out in the playoffs.

Rsthelen
02-23-2007, 03:40 AM
He was mainly on the bench, only playing 3 MAYBE 4 shifts a period. In MJ he's playing every shift,every period, not being sat down, playing powerplay and shorthanded. Jason is a + still (on a so-so team), McCardle is a minus on a very powerful team (well what once was a powerful team.) I think Hay, Bonner really screwed the team up with trades, lamb, Reese, all the other's. Should be a interesting rest of the season, Kamloops put's some wins together and a couple of Giant(no pun intended) losses and things get even more fun to watch.

Priceisright
02-23-2007, 07:44 AM
He is putting up basically the same numbers he was while in Vancouver. No difference at almost a pt per game.

McCardles in the playoffs, Reece most likely not.

agent
02-23-2007, 08:51 AM
Holzapfel is bringing out the best in Reese. Reese is a smart player and knows when to go to the net. The chemistry is there and they know it. Playing with confidence now. :thumb:
Reese is still loosing one on one battles for the puck and is maybe 40% on faceoffs but it doesn't matter when your getting a point a game and getting the puck in the net nobody notices. applause

rinkrat
02-23-2007, 11:31 AM
What is McArdle doing in Vancouver, I ask NOT BEING AN AS* I havent paid attention to Vancouver since Jason was traded, so is he working out sofar as you fans hoped?

Rob

McCardle is a minus on a very powerful team (well what once was a powerful team.)

:spineyes: LOL

Priceisright
02-23-2007, 01:58 PM
He was mainly on the bench, only playing 3 MAYBE 4 shifts a period. In MJ he's playing every shift,every period, not being sat down, playing powerplay and shorthanded. Jason is a + still (on a so-so team), McCardle is a minus on a very powerful team (well what once was a powerful team.) I think Hay, Bonner really screwed the team up with trades, lamb, Reese, all the other's. Should be a interesting rest of the season, Kamloops put's some wins together and a couple of Giant(no pun intended) losses and things get even more fun to watch.

:dead: whose in first place? Oh I think its the Giants. haha

Section_Z
02-23-2007, 02:25 PM
BUT...where was the Jason Reese that people see now 4 months ago? If he was putting up a point a game here, I don't think he gets moved.

Perhaps if Jason didn't get moved his point production goes up to where it is now. But I doubt it. He has a WAY bigger role in MJ than Vancouver.
Jason's point production is very similar on both teams...He was 24 in 27 in Van, and is now 31 in 34 in MJ. More goals in MJ, but I think that Reese was really showing up for the Giants at the beginning of this year.

I talked to him recently, the day that Hunt went down...He felt that Hunt's absense would hurt the team significantly with what he brought to the bench and the locker room...

Rsthelen
02-23-2007, 03:49 PM
and I was just talking.

I was wondering if McCardle is so good, why are Jason's stats better in both Vancouver and Moose Jaw then his. Also, why are they allowing him time to prove he is such a great player and using every excuse in the world for no point production. Yes he will be in the playoffs, not because he has helped the Giants get there? He is also a MINUS on both teams while jason still remains a plus for both teams. All in all McCardle is a great player living off last years stats?

what has he proved this year?

Rob

rinkrat
02-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Not sure why you are so bitter.
Jason has played well since the trade,you should be happy about that.
Maybe he needed a change of scenery,good for him.
Interesting that you came on here asking how McArdle(no capital "C") was doing,then proceeded to tell us how horrible he was playing.
We're all glad Jason is playing well,hopefully he can focus on his future and not his past.

dondo
02-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Kendall is doing a lot of good things on the ice, but is being snake-bit on goals, he just isn't getting the bounces, but I have no problem with his effort or work ethic.

JR disappeared during the playoffs and at the Mem Cup last year, and he was inconsistent all season long - he was noticeable by his absence on the ice. He wouldn't have seen top time here so I think the trade was a good one, its not all about numbers its about being able to bring when the chips are down. he had some nice chemistry with JD Watt at the beginning of the season which made his numbers look good.

I am hoping that JR learned a lesson from last season when he was benched for the Mem Cup and found a new motivation to prove himself. His current numbers are great and his effort on the ice this season for both teams has been much better.

We didn't get McArdle for the regular season so much as for the playoffs - imo. I still see him as a big game player who has yet to find his stride here. He lost a lot of regular playing time going to the WJC and warming the bench. I admit I expected more from him, but its not like he's a liability out there and I firmly believe that he's got the skills and when he gets out of his scoring slump he'll be a force to be reckoned with.

btw Rob no-one - not one - has gotten nasty about JR.. we have been wholly gracious imo -- so the only one getting nasty is you about McArdle and the team.

Rsthelen
02-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Not sure why you are so bitter.
Jason has played well since the trade,you should be happy about that.
Maybe he needed a change of scenery,good for him.
Interesting that you came on here asking how McArdle(no capital "C") was doing,then proceeded to tell us how horrible he was playing.
We're all glad Jason is playing well,hopefully he can focus on his future and not his past.

Not bitter at all, just had a post throwing the fact that ohhh were in the playoffs and where Jason ..." so I have always believed an eye for an eye ....throw mud get it throw at ya. I mean no disrespect towards any of you, decent group of people to chat with on here, but let it be known, I’ve never been shy about throwing trash talk Any case, I wish you all the best of luck this playoff season.

Knuckles Muldoon
02-23-2007, 07:37 PM
And on top of all the above, McArdle was a 1st round draft pick while JR was passed over in his draft year. So apart from some of us here, there are a slew of NHL-paycheck-collecting scouts who aren't sold on Jason either. I don't think that's a coincidence. But again, it's great to see him doing well for the Jaw.

pdxnow
02-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Guess you can say what you want about either one of these boys but both are fine young men and both are very good hockey players. As for who is in the playoffs and who's not ? Hopefully Reese can make it in and that Mccardle continues to get ready for them. You can compare the two all you want. How do you judge really who or what team gets the advantage. Of the two boys Mccardle has an edge he is in the Cup for sure. Reese would have to earn his way back there and the odds of that are going to be very tough. Where or whether they were drafted don't make much difference either because bottom line when they get there they both have to step up and make their way. The bottom line right now is they both stay healthy and continue to improve their skills so that both boys can go on and make a living playing hockey at some level and enjoy the game they love. One key that both of them have went thru now. In Vancouver it's a very structured system and Hay has his players in certain position is certain situations and he wants them to play a role. In Mccardles case he has come from a free wheeling system with very little structure and now has to adjust to that and play within the system which does limit your creativity. Reese has had to go in the other direction and has been able to use his skill more in a more wide open structure which has benifited him in gaining confidence. As of late with the new coach in MJ they have went to more of a structured system and have went back to or trying to play more Defensive minded. Reese was able to take some great habits he has learned from coach Hay and add some creativity and has done well. Mccardle is still learning how to put the two together which might be what has him a bit off balanced but he will be able to put Hay's system in with his game and get back going. Bottom line is winning! No matter whether either one of them scores another point this year. Big advantage for Vancouver I haven't seen Coach Hay lose too many seven games series. He has the ability and a way to adjust his team to make them very tough to beat. The only thing that I feel could be missing from last years team is that, when they got in the big or tough games they believed they were going to win those and learned how to win them. If you see that same attitude in this years Giant team then you having nothing to worry about they will succeed. Hay knows how to win!

rinkrat
02-26-2007, 12:48 PM
All in all McCardle is a great player living off last years stats.
what has he proved this year?
Rob

Just in case you missed it,McArdle scored a hattrick last night. First star.

Rsthelen
02-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Just in case you missed it,McArdle scored a hattrick last night. First star.

22 Kenndal McArdle (total) 53 17 21 38 -6 189 8 2 0.72 3.57
Moose Jaw Warriors 26 10 10 20 -5 115 6 2 0.77 4.42
Vancouver Giants 27 7 11 18 -1 74 2 0 0.67 2.74

26 Jason Reese (total) 63 25 31 56 +23 40 8 2 0.89 0.63
Moose Jaw Warriors 36 18 14 32 +6 22 5 0 0.89 0.61
Vancouver Giants 27 7 17 24 +17 18 3 2 0.89 0.67

Well, numbers don't lie, Jason still doing better. In anycase, good to see Mcardle hit the net! now the monkey is off his back.

dondo
02-26-2007, 08:25 PM
if MJ makes it to the playoffs JR will most likely disappear -- where-as McArdle (as I've said before) is a big game player. JR is not.

pdxnow
02-26-2007, 08:42 PM
JR always disappears it's like magic. And Mccardle is magic and we have the cup to witness it. Dondo hope your right. Make it easy for ya. JR never was consistant, disappears, and got sat at the mem cup. With all that repeated. Now we have Mccardle, so far in the last 18 gms has a hat trick. He's been consistant, Big time player, consistant. See your point. And I hope like I said above this is the start Mccardle needed to get going for the playoffs.

langdak
02-26-2007, 10:39 PM
22 Kenndal McArdle (total) 53 17 21 38 -6 189 8 2 0.72 3.57
Moose Jaw Warriors 26 10 10 20 -5 115 6 2 0.77 4.42
Vancouver Giants 27 7 11 18 -1 74 2 0 0.67 2.74

26 Jason Reese (total) 63 25 31 56 +23 40 8 2 0.89 0.63
Moose Jaw Warriors 36 18 14 32 +6 22 5 0 0.89 0.61
Vancouver Giants 27 7 17 24 +17 18 3 2 0.89 0.67

Well, numbers don't lie, Jason still doing better. In anycase, good to see Mcardle hit the net! now the monkey is off his back.

Who is Jason drafted by?.........................Ya thats what I thought

Gotta love hockey parents.....give it a rest Rob, its getting old, your son isnt 5yrs old anymore, I am sure he can handle himself.

rinkrat
02-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Its better for JR if you promote his recent success than showing up the past.
Teaching the mean old Giants a lesson won't help Jasons' career.Its a waste of energy.
He's doing great,putting up awesome numbers. Hopefully the scouts are taking notice.Keep focused Jason,hope you guys make the playoffs.

Rsthelen
02-27-2007, 12:45 AM
Who is Jason drafted by?.........................Ya thats what I thought

Gotta love hockey parents.....give it a rest Rob, its getting old, your son isnt 5yrs old anymore, I am sure he can handle himself.

Just so you know ... I am not Jason's dad, I don't have a son old enough to play in the DUB..... That's funny!!!

Kassian
02-27-2007, 02:59 AM
Just so you know ... I am not Jason's dad, I don't have a son old enough to play in the DUB..... That's funny!!!

That makes it even more sad....

nivek_wahs
02-27-2007, 06:18 AM
I'm sorry but I gotta say my piece... What do numbers mean? In my opinion they mean literally nothing. But on to my rant... er... thoughts...

I am an outsider in this "agrument" but I have seen both McArdle and Reese play (for Moose Jaw) numerous times and I don't see how you can compare the two players just by numbers. If stats meant everything there would be a lot of players out of jobs (at all levels).

In my opinion McArdle brings leadership and character to the Giants and he has been to the WHL Final. From what I recall of him playing for the Tribe he was a very well liked player by his teammates and the fans liked him (I loathed him because he was a Warrior :thumb: ). He has a knack for scoring goals, maybe not a lot of goals but timely goals. He has speed and as much grit as 60 grit sandpaper. Maybe he hasn't adapted well yet in Vancouver... he has until May to get it together and I believe he will.

For Reese he brings a different element to the Warriors. From what I have seen he is fast, can skate and can score. He makes Riley Holzapfel a better player. As for him disappearing I have yet to see it... every game that he has played for against the Pats he has been around the whole time and being a major factor... but that would be some amazing magic trick just to go and disappear. Maybe the change of scenery is what the doctor ordered for Reese. As for the playoffs (in MJ land still a question mark) they haven't even started yet. Last time I checked it is the 2007 playoffs and not the 2006 playoffs.

In the end... NHL draft pick or not, I would care to take a guess as both teams are happy with their acquisitions.

/end of my piece

Rsthelen
02-27-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm just having fun behind a computer monitor, I think it’s funny how some people get SOOOOOO worked up about this person or that person …. I like to tag along and play on…. I mean no harm to anyone, I think both clubs are very happy with the trades, I think Vancouver is wanting more from Mcardle and maybe he’s putting to much pressure on him self and holding the stick to tight, maybe with the hat the other night he can / will relax a bit and start playing like he can / should be.

Rob pbj

dondo
02-27-2007, 10:31 PM
both squads got what they wanted ...

its good to hear nivek_wahs that JR is not disappearing because it was so frustrating seeing the potential in couple of shifts here and there and then nothing. So maybe he has learned I hope so.

and as rinkrat said if he keeps it up the real prize would be to be noticed by NHL scouts or maybe a US college to offer him some edumacation and hockey :thumb:

Priceisright
02-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Personally speaking just from watching McCardles body language (not that I am an expert in this field :D ) but to me he seems kinda full of himself. It's not meant the way I said it but he does seem to be the "I" in the Giants. Maybe a bit selfish but could be due to lack of playing time and/or lack of scoring. He has been playing quite a bit though the past 10 games.

Just an opinion.

rinkrat
02-27-2007, 11:07 PM
Personally speaking just from watching McCardles body language (not that I am an expert in this field :D ) but to me he seems kinda full of himself. It's not meant the way I said it but he does seem to be the "I" in the Giants. Maybe a bit selfish but could be due to lack of playing time and/or lack of scoring. He has been playing quite a bit though the past 10 games.

Just an opinion.
http://www.canucks.com/ check this site,you may find some friends..

Priceisright
02-27-2007, 11:12 PM
:confused: :confused:

old_time_hockey
02-28-2007, 01:25 AM
http://www.canucks.com/ check this site,you may find some friends..

Speaking of CDC.......check out a Giants/WHL thread there started by one of the brighter people on that forum :D :thumb: :o http://forum.canucks.com/viewtopic.php?t=142845

Kassian
02-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Speaking of CDC.......check out a Giants/WHL thread there started by one of the brighter people on that forum :D :thumb: :o http://forum.canucks.com/viewtopic.php?t=142845

I didn't know there were any bright people on that forum.... :laugh: