PDA

View Full Version : Let Leclerc run with the ball

grainbear
02-22-2007, 06:56 AM
It is time that we let Justin , show why he was selected to participate earler with Hockey Canada elite goaltenders. Last night after 4 goals we pulled Maniago and put in Leclerc and the team responded . No we did not win the game but at least the teams play improved. Maniago , should be the backup lets see if we can make this interesting and give Leclerc the chance to win some games on his own if necessary. I don,t see us protecting Maniago in the upcoming draft with some of the other young talent to be protected . Good luck Canes

loudi94
02-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Part of our problem this season has been unsteady goaltending. Leclerc was given the ball and he dropped it- more than once. Unfortunately Maniago was just as inconsistent. I've maintained that this team needed a seasoned vet to play goal this year because of all the young guys in the line-up. Management thought Leclerc was the guy, but he proved unreliable.

Porkchop
02-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Goaltending has been up and down all year and it doesn't matter who is in net. Play by play guys are always mentioning that the cane keeper is leaving rebounds right in front of the net. The puck is suppose to be directed into the corner or out of play. Coaches do have a responsablity to work with and develop a players weaknesses, that is why they are paid. I say whoever is playing the best gets the next game.