PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs...what you talking about PLAYOFFS!

howley
02-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Just starting the discussion. I didn't see or listen to last nights game so I don't know how either team played but in the end the Blades took a big step in the wrong direction. Placing themselves in the basement with 12 games left. Basically it's coming down to the fact that they need to play over .500 hockey the rest of the season and hope the Bronco's or the Raiders run into some trouble.
Last 12 games of the season. 8 are divisional. 7 games are against teams with records over .500. All games are against teams with a better winning percentage.

TC -home
PA - road
Swift -home
Brandon -home
Regina - home
Regina -road
Koot - road
Red Deer - road
Calgary - road
MJ - home
PA - road
PA - home

They still are in it with 8 out of 12 games being divisional games. That makes for alot of points to be won and lost. They could say there are 32 points to be won and lost in those 8 games. (if they consider them 4 point games). Basically I think the season depends on the next 4 games. Not so much TC but Swift, PA and Brandon. If they come out with points in PA and Swift. That will put them right up there. If not...the hole get's alot deeper. Making the playoffs can come down to getting hot at the right time. Should be an interesting finish to an entertaining season.

BladeRunner
02-24-2007, 12:57 PM
ya your right, to me the Blades have played really well against fairly good teams, the Blades may be young but i think they can get the job done. i have this feeling that the Blades playoff chances are gonna come down to the alberta road trip on march 9, 10, 11, so thats why me and some other Blades fans are heading on down to cheer them on!