PDA

View Full Version : I suppose we should be happy with one point but...

Ergo
02-27-2005, 05:56 PM
When you're leading two to nothing with five and a half minutes to go.

You should NOT end up losing in overtime.

Another lead squandered in the last five minutes. :mad:

RunTheGoalie
02-27-2005, 06:11 PM
No, you can't even take a moral victory from that game.

The Hitmen choked. Period.

They played a fantastic 55 minute hockey game, and decided to take the rest of the night off as a reward.

They got what they diserved.

Good thing too... I was starting to think that this team might be rounding into form. Saying the right things, doing the right things for 2 games and 55 minutes, but the good ole "best team in the WHL" showed up again, and handed Lethbridge two free points.

Glad to see the Hitmen are back to normal. :rolleyes:

Nielson11
02-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Nothing against any of the Hitmen fans on here, but the Hitmen are the chipiest and cheapest team I've seen this year.....maybe it was just a one game thing here in Lethbridge today....but everytime they got hit, they came back with a slash or a high-stick....I'm assuming this was just a one time thing....but I just found it a little wierd.

One fight I want to see before this season/playoffs are over...Shawn Mezei and Andrew Ladd.

Great finish to the game, talking with Brett Carson after the game, he seemed pretty down, was quick to admit that the Hitmen need to put together 60 minutes night in and night out.

Nielson11

Ergo
02-27-2005, 08:08 PM
Nothing against any of the Hitmen fans on here, but the Hitmen are the chipiest and cheapest team I've seen this year.....maybe it was just a one game thing here in Lethbridge today....but everytime they got hit, they came back with a slash or a high-stick....I'm assuming this was just a one time thing....but I just found it a little wierd.

Nielson11

Don't get out to many hockey games huh? :confused:

If you think the Hitmen are chippy then you haven't seen many other teams in this league yours included.

Nielson11
02-27-2005, 10:06 PM
Don't get out to many hockey games huh? :confused:

If you think the Hitmen are chippy then you haven't seen many other teams in this league yours included.

Actually I've been to every Canes game except for maybe 3 here at home...and yes the Hitmen played the chippiest game I've seen a team play all season.

Just saying what I saw man, like I said it might just be a one time thing.

Ergo
02-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Actually I've been to every Canes game except for maybe 3 here at home...and yes the Hitmen played the chippiest game I've seen a team play all season.

Just saying what I saw man, like I said it might just be a one time thing.

Tell you what. Why don't you just stick to the 'Canes forum and we'll just agree to disagree.

Nielson11
02-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Tell you what. Why don't you just stick to the 'Canes forum and we'll just agree to disagree.

Sounds good to me, I didn't want to start anything....just was wondering if that is how they always played.

Hitmen - Canes would be a great 1st round matchup

RunTheGoalie
02-28-2005, 02:05 PM
No, the Hitmen didnt play with enough emotion to be so chippy in the past.

I'd suspect it was more of a carryover from the game we had against the Rebels, which was by far the most intense I've seen all year.

I'd also suspect the Prince George circus didn't make an appearance in Lethbridge last month... ;)

Judging a team on one game can be tricky. If I were to rate the Hurricanes based on the last time they were in Calgary, I'd be calling them a team of divers. Especially Seabrook.

Nielson11
02-28-2005, 02:39 PM
If I were to rate the Hurricanes based on the last time they were in Calgary, I'd be calling them a team of divers. Especially Seabrook.

Versteeg ... Yes....Seabrook, not a chance man, I don't know where you get that one from.

tazndevil
02-28-2005, 02:43 PM
From the last game here.

Got hit by Ladd in the corner like he was shot by a cannon. As soon as he got the stoppage in play--her hopped right up and lined up for the face off.

Unbelievable.

Like we said, don't judge what you see about a team from only 1 game.

Just my thoughts

Taz

RunTheGoalie
02-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Versteeg ... Yes....Seabrook, not a chance man, I don't know where you get that one from.

From a very impressive flopping act he did right in front of me.

But, like I said, it isnt fair to judge a team (or player) on one game. I dont count Seabrook amongst the likes of Peter Forsberg when it comes to acting ability.

Nielson11
03-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Hey Guys,

Not sure if you had a chance yet....but you can see the highlights from the Canes-Hitmen game on www.lethbridgeinsider.com ....it's about a 2 minute package of highlights.

I don't know why Pushkarev was one of the last men back with Shultz in overtime, I guess the other blueliner got caught up ice.

Nielson11

Mileflames
03-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Hey Guys,

Not sure if you had a chance yet....but you can see the highlights from the Canes-Hitmen game on www.lethbridgeinsider.com ....it's about a 2 minute package of highlights.

I don't know why Pushkarev was one of the last men back with Shultz in overtime, I guess the other blueliner got caught up ice.

Nielson11

Pushkarev on the blue line :spineyes:

The_Vulk
03-01-2005, 06:10 PM
One has to ask, which blue line?

As is the problem with our European players, they are good offensively, but forget about the defensive side of things (way too often, it seems).

As for the game...

Good teams always find ways to win. As was the case with the Canes.

The Hitmen have to stop finding news ways to lose, especially at this time of the year.

ScottyWazz
03-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Hey-- Pushy was trying to get Filewich when he blew by Schultz, but tried to hook rather than trying for the puck.

RunTheGoalie
03-02-2005, 06:24 PM

Nielson11

I do. Pushkarev is ALWAYS the last man back. He is one of the laziest backchecker's I've ever seen.

He's going to be a great player when he figures out the team part of the game.

Furback
03-02-2005, 09:30 PM
If you have seen every canes game but three how is this the only time you seen the hitman all year they are in the same div didnt check the sched but pretty sure not the first time hitmen have been to leth this year.

RunTheGoalie
03-02-2005, 10:55 PM
The schedule was stupid this year in that regard. Until that game, we hadnt faced Lethbridge at all since mid november. It's easy to forget the actions and antics of a team over that long a period of time.

Nielson11
03-02-2005, 11:12 PM
If you have seen every canes game but three how is this the only time you seen the hitman all year they are in the same div didnt check the sched but pretty sure not the first time hitmen have been to leth this year.

Ya man, Canes hadn't played the Hitmen since November...obvisouly the Hitmen are little frustrated now.