PDA

View Full Version : Kane allowed to play more than 5 games.

Beaner
02-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Kane willing and now able

The Province

Published: Thursday, February 22, 2007

Underage call-up Evander Kane is allowed to play past the usual five-game limit if the Giants need him in the next couple of weeks. The WHL head office on Wednesday gave the team an emergency-basis extension on forward Kane, 15, their first-round pick in last year's bantam draft, due to long-term injuries to Garet Hunt (leg) and Mario Bliznak (knee).

© The Vancouver Province 2007

I have never heard of this special exemption to the 5 game limit before for 15 year olds, anyone know of another exemption in recent memory?

dondo
02-23-2007, 06:09 PM
wow -- me-thinks that sets a precedent

this only while the 16 yr olds are away for the Can Winter games I suspect

Beaner
02-23-2007, 07:00 PM
wow -- me-thinks that sets a precedent

this only while the 16 yr olds are away for the Can Winter games I suspect

Or Bliznak gets back.

Seems strange to me they would allow the Giants to do this.

dondo
02-24-2007, 02:54 AM
well we did have Toigo playing wing tonight .. but I thought Piluso was called up as well, but wasn't dressed.

N.W. Bruin
02-24-2007, 01:18 PM
And this was before that newspaper article. Something to do with roster players going away for the World Juniors ect. If it puts a team behind the eight ball and they have to bring up fifteen year olds to fill out their rosters the games do not count against the five game limit. So basically Kane has only three games credited against his five games even though he will have played four and likely will hit six games till Bouma and Wright return since Bliznak is still out for slightly better than a week.