2nd Period
Dustin Slade, Slashing - Minor 15:07
3rd Period
Dustin Slade, Fighting - Major 3:42
Dustin Slade, 10 Minute Misconduct 3:42
Dustin Slade, Instigator - Minor 3:42
Dustin Slade, Game Misconduct 3:42
Dustin Slade, High Sticking - Major 3:42

He was 26 saves for 27 in the game when he got ousted. the fight erupted right after the goal...

His backup finished the game and held on for the win.

dondo
02-23-2007, 06:06 PM
*sigh* its liked he learned absolutely nothing ...... :( Boogaard'd

come-on Dustin stop being such a freaking baby -- maybe you should have sucked it up and continued to be part of a very visible winning team which would have given you exceptional exposure, but you had to be a whiny piece of crap.

you have killed your career, there will be no NHL scouts knocking on your door in the Maritimes. You are simply a very young, very stupid jackass of immense proportions. You hurt your team, you alienated the fans and you lost your opportunity to REDEEM yourself on the national stage. I find all of this very very sad.

Swando
02-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Wish we had him here!

rinkrat
02-24-2007, 02:23 AM
Wish we had him here!

Sexsmith is not getting it done,maybe someone is saying mean things to him,throwing him off his game???

dondo
02-24-2007, 02:51 AM
^ no its the fact someone is NOT saying mean things to him -- by all accounts the acerbic relationship the two had pushed Tyson to be his best, something he most certainly wasn't tonight.

Knuckles Muldoon
02-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Wish we had him here!
I agree. What a waste. He gave the Giants their swagger, and that counts for a lot with me.

dondo
02-25-2007, 02:12 PM
I just wish he would have realized how good Don and the team was for him -- it got his game back on track and gave him a shot at actually being drafted, but he threw all that away and I find that to be shortsighted and sad.

I really wish he was here as he was -- but now there's no hope as I believe he's reverted.

nivek_wahs
03-08-2007, 03:53 AM
http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=0e194742-3a32-48f8-b51d-98ed8a096c06

From Greg Harder's "Centre Ice" column...

Dustin Slade has a clean slate with the Maritime Junior A Hockey League.

The 20-year-old goaltender avoided suspension after a recent game with the Halifax Wolverines during which he received the following penalties: (Inhale) two minutes for high-sticking, two for instigating, five for fighting, a 10-minute misconduct and a game misconduct (exhale).

Sound familiar?

The WHL's Regina Pats sent Slade home midway through the 2004-05 season for repeated on-ice blowups. He was traded to Vancouver, where he cleaned up his act in time to backstop the Giants to a WHL title, setting a league record for shutouts in the process.

Just when it looked like Slade had turned the corner, he left Vancouver in November after a dispute over playing time. Unable to land a pro job, he settled for the junior A ranks in Halifax, where his new team opens the playoffs on Saturday against the Amherst Ramblers.

Slade concluded the regular-season schedule with a 5-5 record, a 2.89 GAA, a .912 SP and one shutout. He also has four assists -- and 38 penalty minutes.

dondo
03-08-2007, 01:49 PM
38 PIMs for a goalie in ten games played -- LOL -- that's our Dustin.

Priceisright
03-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Hey Slade is kinda out of mind but since were on the subject:

Wasn't Slade one shutout away from an all time WHL record.

giants_girl
03-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Hey Slade is kinda out of mind but since were on the subject:

Wasn't Slade one shutout away from an all time WHL record.

yes he was

scrunt
03-09-2007, 12:31 AM
yes he was

Still is, I suppose... :laugh:

Bran
03-09-2007, 01:00 AM
Still is, I suppose... :laugh:
Way to go, making me laugh like that!

Section_Z
03-09-2007, 11:36 AM
From Greg Harder's "Centre Ice" column...

The 20-year-old goaltender avoided suspension after a recent game with the Halifax Wolverines during which he received the following penalties: (Inhale) two minutes for high-sticking, two for instigating, five for fighting, a 10-minute misconduct and a game misconduct (exhale).

Greg failed to mention the 2 slashing calls he got in the first and second periods.....