PDA

View Full Version : Tips 4 @ Giants 3 (SO) Feb23rd

Priceisright
02-24-2007, 01:24 AM
Just back from the Giants game and I am insensed and need to vent!

How the hell did 2 referees miss that blatant elbow in the third period?? They should be ashamed. :evil: :evil:

Sorry I was at the other end and wasn't sure who the Giants player was. But it was played repeatedly on the scoreboard above.

And once again Giants can't score goals. And we were outplayed by goaltending. Bottom line.

Swando
02-24-2007, 01:42 AM
We got out goaltended tonight - that was the big difference. Not to say Rabbit's give away was that appropriate. I thot we were the best team on the ice for all 3.25 periods.
The elbow was right in front of our section and it snapped Repiks head pretty good. I thot that it could have been a "ala Watt elbow" when he hit the Kamloops player and was given a suspension" No call. And for all those opposing fans that think Giants have an in with the league and refs. We are one of the most penalized teams in the league. I wonder if it is that we get Smith reffing us every 2nd game or so!!!

Beaner
02-24-2007, 01:44 AM
A very entertaining game tonight as the biggest crowd in Giants regular season history, 14,854, watched 2 of the top teams in the western conference go at it. Game started off with a bang with McCardle and Crowley droppign the gloves off the opening draw and it went from there. For the most part tonight the Giants kept the tips hemmed int heir own zone and clearly domintaed the physical play, but a couple bad mistakes allowed the Tips to stay int he game and get it to the shoot-out.

NOTES
Irving and Sexsmith got the starts
Bliznak (Knee), Hunt (Leg), Wright and Bouma were the Giants scratches
Toigo once again played forward and 15 yr old Kane played his 4th game in a giants uni.
Repik left the game late in the third after getting an elbow from Crowley. No call.
Lucic was tossed and got a Gross misconduct after being speared by either Mueller or Zetariuk. No call.
Shots 35-19 Giants
PP's Giants 1/7, Tips 0/5

GOALS
1. EVT Burt, (2) (Harty, Mueller), 11:59 Burt is in the crease behind Sexsmith, and after Sexsmith makes the save, he fishes it out and puts it in. I thought it should have been goalie interference but...
2. VAN Rabbit, (5) (Franson, Watt), 5:16 (PP) 5-4, Watt comes in on the wing, stops at the dot fires a shot that goes off the sprawling Muellers stick and then off Rabbits foot intot eh back of the net.
2. EVT Gendur, (19) , 11:52 (SH) 4-5, Fransons point shot gets blocked and Gendur is off. He comes in with a Tip ont he opposite side, and he wires a shot over the glove off the post.
2. VAN Czibere, (6) (Wuchterl), 12:06 Czibre picks up a loose puck off the Wuchterl shot, and he pops it in past Irving
3. EVT Alic, (5) , 2:57 Rabbit gets stripped off the puck at the half boards and Alic just turns and fires a shot top corner on the startled Sexsmith.
3. VAN Machacek, (15) , 11:27 Hamill throws a blind pass behind his own net and Machacek grabs it and manages to get it up and over the sprawling Irving.

SHOOT-OUT
88 Peter Mueller Goal - Comes in makes a move and beats Sexsmith glove side.
14 Shane Harper No Goal Save off the forehand-backhand move
9 Zach Hamill Goal Sexsmith makes the save but ends up with the puck in the back of the net.
Total: 2

Vancouver Shootout
12 Tim Kraus Goal Nice forehand backhand move and he beats irving High stick side.
6 Cody Franson No Goal Tries to go Top shelf glove side but no dice.
16 Wacey Rabbit No Goal Svae Irivng off the pad.
Total: 1

FISTICUFFS
McCardle vs Crowley.
Good opening scrap as the two go at the opening whistle. They dance around for a while, and finally settle in to throw some punches. Edge to rabbit int he shots as he catches Crowley a couple times, but Crowley does manage to get a couple in. EDGE Rabbit. Crowley got an extra 10 for no tie down?

OFFICIATING
Rehman and Smith tonight, and I didnt think they really influenced the outcome of the game but they were not very good either. The Elbow that Repik got should not have been missed by either official, how they did not call that is beyond me. Could have sworn it was Mueller who speared Lucic at the end of the game, but Don said it was Zetairuk. I still think they missed a lot of penalties tonight, but it didnt influenece the outcome I think.

OVERALL
I thought the Giants really took it to the Tips tonight, and really should have come away with the win tonight as they were the better team. Everett I felt for most of the game was just playing to get into OT and the shootout, as they really didn't manage to generate any forecheck at all during the game.

Great effort by the Giants, not the result we wanted, but the there is nothing to really complain about with this game, except the lack of finishing int he shoot-out.

3 STARS
1. VAN - 16 Wacey Rabbit
2. EVT - 31 Leland Irving
3. VAN - 26 Michal Repik

Swando
02-24-2007, 01:52 AM
For those readers it was McCardle and Crowley that scrapped off the opening face-off. Decission McCardle, Both of his fights as a Giant have been against the Tips. Buckled Gutieriez's knees and took down Crowley.
I think Lucic will have Crowley's, Beach's, and many other # for their next match.

rinkrat
02-24-2007, 01:55 AM
Great recap Beaner.
I thought it was Mueller with the spear as well.You should've seen him smirking with his teammates after the third period as they were huddled at the bench.
This seems to be a new twist for Constantine the tactician.Trying to get the opposition players pissed to the point of dropping the gloves,then peeling away to the bench.Don summed it up pretty well as he said there were a few "pretenders" on the Tips when it comes to physical hard nosed play.
We'll see in the playoffs...
I liked the way the boys played tonight,they seemed to have a good intensity about them,except Sexsmith.
Sexsmith has to do better than that,or we need Gilbert back to help the boys score there way out of poor goaltending performances,

sircountalot
02-24-2007, 02:12 AM
It was definately Mueller with the spear that set Lucic off after the overtime. Was right in front of both referees and one of the linesmen. No call on that one either. It seemed like Rehmen was the ref "in charge" tonight as Smith seemed he was just out for a Friday night skate. Very entertaining game tonight. Everett pulled another one out again. Does Mueller ever make the shootout thing look easy.

Kassian
02-24-2007, 02:28 AM
Yes it was definitely Mueller. In fact he speared Lucic and then gave him an extra slash afterwards. And of course Lucic gets booted from the game while Mueller doesn't get squat. Either call both guys or don't call anything at all. Of course the refs couldn't fathom tossing Mueller out of the game right before a shootout. :rolleyes:

A gross misconduct? Please, talk about blowing something out of proportion...

dondo
02-24-2007, 02:45 AM
Obviously I too busy watching the game to get some of the details right, like Beaner did -- but the recap is up on the site if you want to read it. Not my best work, but frankly the end of the game really made me burn. The pissy crap they called early in the game only to miss a few high-sticks, a spearing, and a vicious elbow.

JD looked really good tonight, but obviously not at all ends of the rink as he was -2 in the game. Lucic looked like he was skating with cement overshoes -- must have the flu because he did not race to the puck once. He laid out some nice hits and made some decent passes but meh.

First goal the Tip player was standing in the blue paint not allowing the goalie to move laterally at all standing right over Sexsmith -- he was not pushed in and made no attempt to get out and impeded the goalie from being able to make a save -- a slam dunk no-goal imo, but then its Rehman so expect the absolutely idiotic --

I was so hungry to beat that team and absolutely hate to lose to them in yet another shoot out -- that end left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

The only consolation is that there are no shoot outs or four on four OTs in the playoffs so we don't have to watch that crap anymore. I hate hate hate the shoot out -- a very crappy way to decide a game - no wonder bettman the weasel likes it so.

'Tips Stifle Giants 4-3 SOL Feb 23rd (http://www.vancouvergiantshq.com/February_23rd_TipsbkStiflebkGiants_100.html)

Beaner
02-24-2007, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the correction Swando, I seem to have mistypanitis as of late.

Don seemed pretty convinced after the game it was Zetaruik that speared Lucic, thats why I said either or. I could have swore it was Mueller as well.

Beaner
02-24-2007, 02:49 AM
Great recap Beaner.

Sexsmith has to do better than that,or we need Gilbert back to help the boys score there way out of poor goaltending performances,

I dont think he played that poorly, the first goal he couldn't move because of the tip player on top of him, in the crease.

The other two off of turnovers and really wicked shots that probably no one would have stopped.

Kassian
02-24-2007, 02:56 AM
Don seemed pretty convinced after the game it was Zetaruik that speared Lucic, thats why I said either or. I could have swore it was Mueller as well.

Zetariuk came in afterwards, but Mueller was the one that originally speared Lucic. Zetariuk was just trying to play tough guy even though he's turned down Lucic a number of times this season.

Redwic
02-24-2007, 09:42 AM
For the most part tonight the Giants kept the tips hemmed int heir own zone and clearly domintaed the physical play, but a couple bad mistakes allowed the Tips to stay in the game and get it to the shoot-out.

I agree that the Giants tried to emphasize & display their physical play, especially considering that Everett's two most physical players (Beach & Sonne) were not playing. Teams need to take advantage of opposing teams' weaknesses or holes.

Beaner, you wrote that a couple of bad mistakes kept the Silvertips in the game; I think that it was just the opposite. A couple of bad mistakes kept the Giants in the game. The first Vancouver goal was a result of a Mueller screw-up, and the third (& tying) goal was off of a Hamill screw-up.

On paper, this game should have been won by the Giants. Going into the game, I really thought (& expected) that the Giants would stomp on the Silvertips, considering that the Silvertips have not played well lately and they are missing several key players. But it was also the typical Giants loss this season: Many shots on goal but most were not quality shots (although Irving *did* make several big saves, and several shots hit the crossbar), and the team's goaltending could not go toe-to-toe with an opposing goaltender.

As for the end of overtime festivities, I didn't see what happened, and apparently the refs did not, either. But Mueller isn't dumb enough to be a part of a skirmish (ever! *sigh*), when the team needs him in the Shootout, especially considering that Sonne (the league's leading shootout scorer) was gone. Honestly, though, the refs missed calls both ways all night. Rehman, who I typically call "Rainman", for the most part let the guys play, and I cannot really fault him for that.

This rivalry between Everett & Vancouver is intense. I just wish the Silvertips would put the Giants away in regulation (or overtime), rather than winning in the Shootout. The Silvertips have had a lot of success in Shootouts, but they need to remember that in the playoffs there are *no* Shootouts!

Soundy
02-24-2007, 11:23 AM
I dunno, the consensus of my little group of 5 sitting in section 8 was that the play overall was uninspired through most of the game, and despite the usual lopsided shot count, it just seemed the Tips wanted it more. Sexsmith looked terrible on at least two of the Tips' goal that were straight, unscreened, sharp-angled angle shots.

Through most of the OT, and especially in the last minute, the Giants looked like they were just coasting and TRYING to get to the SO, which had me baffled since we've NOT been good in the SO lately... it almost seemed like they were trying to draw the whole thing out as long as possible and then lose anyway.

There were some Everett fans sitting right behind us and having a grand ol' time; the one lady was screaming her head off most of the time, and she was LOUD, but she was having a lotta fun :) I *thought* she said something about being one of the player's billet, but it was hard to hear.

And then there was the drunk redneck jerk two rows below us who seemed more interested in taunting the Tips fans and was repeatedly telling the three behind us they should "GO BACK TO AMERICA!" and whose victory celebration on Giants goals was to turn around and point at them and do a frighteningly white little dance move (shudder)... *I* was about ready to reach down and boot him in the head!

Anyway, pics are on the way... I'll often just sit back and enjoy the first period before pulling out the camera, but I was sure to have it ready for the requisite opening-face-off scrap last night!

nelson951
02-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Everett fans are annoying and seriously defective in their knowledge of hockey partially due to being spoiled by a well-run and successful franchise. They don't even show replays of opponents goals in their arena even on spectacular goals.

Repik did run into Crowleys elbow. No call was the right call.

Interesting that Seattle has beat the tips 3X this year and the Bruins even once. Obviously the Tips have it in for the Giants.

Knuckles Muldoon
02-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Pretty entertaining game last night and for the most part I liked what I saw from the Giants. I'm slowly becoming convinced that when push comes to shove, the Giants still have a little more grit than Everett does. I agree with Hayzer; the Tips do have a fair number of pseudo-tough guys out there. In a play-off series that stuff always comes out into full view. I thought McArdle had a very good, involved game. Even though he isn't around the net to put pucks away, he is hustling and stirring up a lot on the forecheck these days, so it's only a matter of time before he starts becoming a bigger factor on the scoresheet. He just needs to keep it up. I thought the forecheck in general was pretty good for the majority of the game, although as mentioned, Big Lui seemed to be a half-step behind most of the night. Sloppy play by both teams as at least 4 goals came off bad turnovers, so that part seemed an even trade-off. Sexmsith has just plain got to be better than he was last night. Average goaltending WILL NOT get the job done in the playoffs against the likes of Irving, Price, Bowles etc. If Sexy can't do it, throw Neufeld in there. All three Everett goals were very stoppable, IMO. And again, how can two refs call phantom stuff on a regular basis and then miss a wide-open elbow like that on Repik? Unbelievable. As for the ruckus at the end. I say..Good! I like to see Lui get worked up now and then. And if Mueller wants to play the spearing card, I have NO problem if Lui dropped the gloves on him next time and made him pay up. You spear, you pay. Doesn't matter who you are or how big you are. Even if you're 5'2" and weigh a buck twenty-five, if you get into the stickwork, you deserve to get punched out.
Not a perfect game by the Giants by any means but another good step in the right direction. Because regardless of what the scoreboard said, they were the better team on the night and were unlucky to not get the win. The boys need to follow it up with another solid effort against the 'Loops.

Soundy
02-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Alright, kids, it's photo time... of something like 340, I've put 47 of the best online in my Picasa gallery (http://picasaweb.google.com/soundy106/Feb23VsSilvertips). Here are a few to get ya started :) (Click a picture to see the larger version):

http://lh4.google.com/image/soundy106/ReCKhUoKt-I/AAAAAAAAAgo/8i_se504_N0/s288/IMG_4699.JPG (http://picasaweb.google.com/soundy106/Feb23VsSilvertips/photo#5035176688477714402) http://lh6.google.com/image/soundy106/ReCKj0oKuEI/AAAAAAAAAhY/TexhEx7_jNQ/s288/IMG_4756.JPG (http://picasaweb.google.com/soundy106/Feb23VsSilvertips/photo#5035176731427387458)

http://lh6.google.com/image/soundy106/ReCKm0oKuII/AAAAAAAAAh4/B7gPLSslyu0/s288/IMG_4784.JPG (http://picasaweb.google.com/soundy106/Feb23VsSilvertips/photo#5035176782966995074) http://lh5.google.com/image/soundy106/ReCKqkoKuPI/AAAAAAAAAiw/7WtnS_yLXhM/s288/IMG_4880.JPG (http://picasaweb.google.com/soundy106/Feb23VsSilvertips/photo#5035176847391504626)

http://lh4.google.com/image/soundy106/ReCKuUoKuXI/AAAAAAAAAjw/D9tJRm33rQo/s288/IMG_4901.JPG (http://picasaweb.google.com/soundy106/Feb23VsSilvertips/photo#5035176911816014194) http://lh6.google.com/image/soundy106/ReCKz0oKugI/AAAAAAAAAk4/kyiPfcljN6c/s288/IMG_4957.JPG (http://picasaweb.google.com/soundy106/Feb23VsSilvertips/photo#5035177006305294850)

Beaner
02-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Beaner, you wrote that a couple of bad mistakes kept the Silvertips in the game; I think that it was just the opposite. A couple of bad mistakes kept the Giants in the game. The first Vancouver goal was a result of a Mueller screw-up, and the third (& tying) goal was off of a Hamill screw-up.

Both teams had mistakes that led to goals. However the Giants during the game were the team applying the most pressure in the offensive zone and were dictating the flow of the play.

But it was also the typical Giants loss this season: Many shots on goal but most were not quality shots (although Irving *did* make several big saves, and several shots hit the crossbar), and the team's goaltending could not go toe-to-toe with an opposing goaltender.

Agree fully the giants seem to find ways to lose. Sexsmith I thought was good last night, I cant really fault him on any of the goals, the first he couldnt move because of the tip in the crease, and 2/3rd goals came of fabulous shots that went of the iron caused by turnovers.

As for the end of overtime festivities, I didn't see what happened, and apparently the refs did not, either. But Mueller isn't dumb enough to be a part of a skirmish (ever! *sigh*), when the team needs him in the Shootout, especially considering that Sonne (the league's leading shootout scorer) was gone. Honestly, though, the refs missed calls both ways all night. Rehman, who I typically call "Rainman", for the most part let the guys play, and I cannot really fault him for that.

Spearing a guy at the end of overtime is ______. I hate to say it but if that had been Watt or Lucic spearing a Mueller people would be screaming blue bloody murder asking for a suspension. I have no doubt that if the situation was reversed the refs would have called the penalty, and the Tip in question would have been down on the ice. I have no time for players with the stickwork.

This rivalry between Everett & Vancouver is intense. I just wish the Silvertips would put the Giants away in regulation (or overtime), rather than winning in the Shootout. The Silvertips have had a lot of success in Shootouts, but they need to remember that in the playoffs there are *no* Shootouts!

Couldnt have said it better myself. I would be a bit concerned as a Tip fan. I really felt that once the third period hit the Tips were just playing to get the shoot-out. You would think they would be stepping it up to get ready to roll come playoff time.

Pretty even teams if you ask me, We shall see if they get to meet in the playoffs.

N.W. Bruin
02-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Hopefully Repik is okay but Lucic is likely facing two games minimum and maybe three. He has been suspended already this year and a gross misconduct is reviewable by the league just like a major for anything but fighting.

Beaner
02-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Repik did run into Crowleys elbow. No call was the right call.

First off it was Ellington. Second the only reason Repik "ran into" Ellingtons elbow was because he raised his elbow and put it into his jaw.

Considering even the Everett Herald mentions the fact that Ellington elbowed Repik, you have to think it was in fact an Elbow.

Knuckles Muldoon
02-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Sexsmith I thought was good last night, I cant really fault him on any of the goals, the first he couldnt move because of the tip in the crease, and 2/3rd goals came of fabulous shots that went of the iron caused by turnovers.
Beaner, I've got to disagree.
I thought all three goals were stoppable. Yes, Burt was crowding him on the first goal. By why is Sexy allowing a rebound on a harmless shot to begin with? And fumbling it into the crease doesn't help. On the second goal, yes stopping Gendur down the wing would have required a nice save. But all the same, he was beaten cleanly on a 30-foot snap shot that he was focused on all the way. I'm not so quick to dismiss that. And then he was caught sleeping on the third goal, plain and simple.
I didn't think Sexy's tending was adequate at all last night. You get that type of goalering in the play-offs and you're done, period.

Knuckles Muldoon
02-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Hopefully Repik is okay but Lucic is likely facing two games minimum and maybe three. He has been suspended already this year and a gross misconduct is reviewable by the league just like a major for anything but fighting.
In Lui's case, let's hope that the spear was caught on camera, thereby providing some degree of latitude into why he lost it. You'd think the league would take a spear into consideration.

old_time_hockey
02-24-2007, 02:21 PM

So if he isn't dumb enough to get involved, why did he instigate it with a spear and then not backup his actions?

3 words: Hes a COWARD (must be taking lessons from Beach on how to be a goon then turtle when challenged)

I guess Constantine has come full circle from his boo hooing in the media last year that the Giants were playing physical. I guess elbows to the head and spears should be accepted parts of the game in his mind now?

Refs always miss calls both ways. But I don't remember the Giants getting away with elbow to the head and spearing someone.

Call the stuff that can hurt people, not every little hook and hold.

dondo
02-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Ellington deliberately and gutlessly raised his elbow into Repik's face, it was not incidental it was clearly deliberate.

The Giants had a lot of pressure going last night, but were fairly sloppy passing and were almost panicking with the puck trying to get rid of it as soon as possible. When they calmed down they got some decent passes off.

The Silvertips D close the gaps incredibly fast though and really other than a couple of gaffes did not allow the Giants any real clear scoring chances. Two of the 'Tips goals came against the flow the play when the Giants were putting the pressure on and frankly Sexsmith has to make those stops. The other one while standing in the crease behind the goalie. I also didn't think that Irving had to be excellent last night and that's not how we need to play this team. I would have preferred to see us crashing the net and getting massive amounts of traffic in front of Irving.

I did not see the spear or what ensued but Rehman being his usual, legend in his own mind, idiot self, proved why he's a waste of skin.

I re-worked the recap a bit -- reflecting more of the details Beaner caught which I missed.

here it is if you're interested..

‘Tips Stifle Giants
Vancouver 3 Everett 4 SOL

The Silvertips got some easy goals tonight as the Giants had several defensive breakdowns and played from behind for the majority of the evening. The game opened with some fisticuffs off the face-off. Kendall McArdle gamely dropped gloves with Dan Crowley treating the record 14,874 crowd to a decent battle to start the game. The Silvertips opened the scoring with Jesse Burt standing in the crease stole one from Sexsmith and put it in the net. The Giants got that one back early in the second when Wacey Rabbit scored on the PP. Dan Gendur got one back with SH tally which he wristed by Sexsmith to put the ‘Tips back up by one. The Giants tied the game before the end of the middle stanza as Mitch Czibere snuck one past Leland Irving going to the net. Early in the third the ‘Tips put yet another soft goal past Sexsmith, but the Giants got a point out of the game when Spencer Machacek chipped the puck over Irving to tie the game mid-third. The ‘Tips then seemed to be content to play the trap to the hilt giving up chances to get the win and instead standing behind their own net holding the puck for an inordinate amount of time before being chased out. OT decided nothing, no surprise there. The Silvertips pushed it to a shootout where they won yet again in the most bogus quick fix to ever grace the game of hockey. Thank the good lord there are no shootouts in the playoffs.

After starting the game off with a literal bang, as McArdle and Crowley squared off with McArdle gaining the upper-hand and getting the take down as well as the majority of his punches through, the Giants began to press the visitors pretty hard. The Vancouver Giants do not have a good record when they do not score the first goal and have seemed uncomfortable playing from behind this season. Tonight the Silvertips opened the scoring standing in the crease over Sexsmith making it impossible for him to move. No interference call was made even though Jesse Burt pulled the puck out from underneath Sexsmith while standing in the crease to get the goal. Burt was not pushed into blue-paint, and made no attempt to clear the crease area. The two teams traded a few chances with the Giants out-shooting the Silvertips 14 –5 in the first, but the Silvertips held the lead into the first intermission.

The Giants tied the game on the PP early in the second. Wacey Rabbit deflected a JD Watt shot past Irving. The Everett squad went ahead on a Giants PP as they scored short-handed. A poor turnover at the Everett blue-line, off of a blocked shot, sent away Dan Gendur who came in off the left wing. A Giant player hustled back and took away the pass giving the shooter to Sexsmith. Gendur beat Sexsmith between his glove arm and body to put the visitors back up by one. Mitch Czibere tied it up seconds after a Giants PP had expired, off of a nice feed from Mike Wuchterl. The refs were simply awful tonight (Kyle Rehman and Colby Smith) and the linesmen followed suit, some very weak and soft penalties, poor judgement calls and lack of willingness to crack down on some dangerous cheap play affected the game poorly. They tended to call the soft stuff yet let high-sticks and flying elbows go by the wayside. The linesmen couldn’t decide if an icing was an intended pass or not and out and out missed several infractions as time ticked down.

The Silvertips regained the lead early in the third off of an unassisted tally by Damir Alic, who stripped the puck off of Rabbit and fired a shot from the corner beating Sexsmith short-side. Machacek got that one back midway through the third when he stripped the puck off of Zach Hamill not once but twice before roofing the puck over Irving on a backhanded wraparound. The ‘Tips played for the tie the rest of the third standing behind their own net watching the clock tick down as the fans booed them for it. The Giants pressed a bit but could not get a good shot past Irving. Late in the third a Silvertip decided to throw a vicious elbow on Michal Repik and was not called for it. The refs were soundly booed by the crowd which had had enough of their inconsistent ways over the course of the evening. The Game ended in a tie with nothing being decided in OT. The refs in their infinite wisdom, however, handed a game and a gross misconduct penalty to Lucic at the end of OT after Lucic was speared by Peter Mueller and followed by a slash and had the temerity to actually defend himself after being cheap-shotted. The shootout is my least favourite way to decide a game and win or lose its hollow and its not hockey. So for the umpteenth time this season the ‘Tips win in the shoot-out (the Giants have yet to beat the Silvertips this season but have only lost one in regulation with the rest being mostly shoot-out losses). I am looking forward to the playoffs where there is no four on four OT and no shootouts, the way hockey is meant to be played. Call it sour grapes if you wish but winning or losing off the crapshoot what is the shootout is a horrible way to decide a game, this ain’t soccer.

The Giants out shot the ‘Tips 35-19, and went 1 for 7 on the PP while holding their opponent to 0 for 5. Mueller and Hamill scored in the shootout while Tim Kraus was the only Giant to tickle the twine. The building had a playoff atmosphere as a new WHL record crowd of 14, 874 watched the Shaw televised game. The Giants next game is a BC Division match-up versus the Kamloops Blazers who are barely trailing the Giants for the top spot in the division, but have been looking very ordinary lately. The puck drops at 5pm local time on Sunday February 25th.

Three Stars

1 – Wacey Rabbit
2 – Leland Irving
3 – Michal Repik

nelson951
02-24-2007, 05:56 PM
First off it was Ellington. Second the only reason Repik "ran into" Ellingtons elbow was because he raised his elbow and put it into his jaw.

Considering even the Everett Herald mentions the fact that Ellington elbowed Repik, you have to think it was in fact an Elbow.

1. Repik is made of glass :spineyes:

2. The Everett Herald is hardly known for its hockey prowess

rinkrat
02-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Repik did run into Crowleys elbow.

Just like Kraus ran into gutless Gibbons elbow last year.Clearly the Giants players are to blame.Stop ramming your heads into opponents elbows!

dondo
02-24-2007, 09:40 PM
^ you'd think they'd learn ... :clown:

and Repik is tough bugger actually -- not afraid to mix it up and can hold his own -- the elbow was beyond blatant starting from Ellerby's waist connecting and continuing above head-height it was a very vicious and in my mind gutless hit.

come-on nelson you're a tbird fan come away from the dark-side :thumb: :D

scrunt
02-24-2007, 10:29 PM
^ That must have been some elbow considering Ellerby was in Kamloops at the time! ;)

Knuckles Muldoon
02-24-2007, 10:57 PM
^ That must have been some elbow considering Ellerby was in Kamloops at the time! ;)
http://boards1.wizards.com/images/smilies/rimshot.gif

dondo
02-25-2007, 01:23 AM
son of a ....

... Ellington

and thanks for the *buh dum duh! psssshh* knuckles - you're a real team player :thumb:

well -- um .. well.. Ellerby should be in town now -- so -- ah bugger >>> :laugh:

oh look a dancing-pickle dancing pi *exits stage right*

nelson951
02-25-2007, 02:22 AM
Ho Hum another TBird win over the Tips at the Key yeehoo

Gagnon for MVP

Soundy
02-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Ho Hum another TBird win over the Tips at the Key yeehoo

Sure, after we softened them up for ya!:clap:

Soundy
02-25-2007, 01:04 PM
http://www2.moltenimage.com/photos/giants/conga.jpg

dondo
02-25-2007, 01:19 PM
LOL

good one soundy

hey you got the guy beside scrunt and I but you couldn't pan right a bit :p

Soundy
02-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Ha! I took one SPECIFICALLY of you two ;)

http://www2.moltenimage.com/photos/giants/dondonscrunt.jpg

And just because you guys all asked last time... I got some decent ones of the girls:

http://www2.moltenimage.com/photos/giants/icegirls1.jpg

http://www2.moltenimage.com/photos/giants/icegirls3.jpg

http://www2.moltenimage.com/photos/giants/icegirls2.jpg

Ahhh, this thread needed to lighten up a little :)

Dammit, I REALLY need a faster lens. Anyone care to donate?

old_time_hockey
02-25-2007, 03:12 PM
http://www2.moltenimage.com/photos/giants/conga.jpg

Best part of that pic is it clearly shows the Tips player going to lay a cross check on Wookie there.

GOONS

Kassian
02-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Best part of that pic is it clearly shows the Tips player going to lay a cross check on Wookie there.

GOONS

That looks like Regner. And you can't call the Tips goons, they certainly aren't tough enough to be given that label.

Soundy
02-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Yeah, that's a 28, not a 38.

Kassian
02-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Yeah, that's a 28, not a 38.

Not to mention the player in the picture is a right handed shot whereas Wuchterl is a left handed shot.

Soundy
02-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Ahhh, but how do you KNOW that? I might have reversed the picture! ;)

dondo
02-26-2007, 12:30 AM
the numbers on the sleeves aren't reversed :thumb: haha

Soundy
02-26-2007, 01:13 AM
Oh no, smartypants? Take another look... ;)

old_time_hockey
02-26-2007, 01:19 AM
That looks like Regner. And you can't call the Tips goons, they certainly aren't tough enough to be given that label.
Right you are...don't know why I saw a 3 instead of a 2

And they are goons. Just spineless goons. They are all tough if they can use their stick. Then when it comes time to use the knuckles....that is a different story

Kassian
02-26-2007, 05:35 AM
And they are goons. Just spineless goons. They are all tough if they can use their stick. Then when it comes time to use the knuckles....that is a different story

Punks maybe. But not goons. Goons are actually tough and back up their actions with their fists. So I respect them a whole lot more because of that.

Kassian
02-26-2007, 05:36 AM
Ahhh, but how do you KNOW that? I might have reversed the picture! ;)

I'm just that good aren't I? :laugh: