PDA

View Full Version : Milan Lucic Suspended For One Game

Kassian
02-24-2007, 07:56 PM
02/24/07: Milan Lucic - Vancouver - One game for Gross Misconduct vs Everett on February 23.

Link (http://whl.ca/hm/suspensions.php?id=3425)

Ridiculous.... :rolleyes:

Of course it has to be right when we play Kamloops. :burningma

rinkrat
02-24-2007, 08:15 PM
I take it they didn't see the spear?

Kassian
02-24-2007, 08:19 PM
I take it they didn't see the spear?

Of course not. I'm sure the fact Mueller was involved also came into consideration. God knows you can't try and discipline star players... :dead:

dondo
02-24-2007, 09:35 PM
A one-game suspension for being speared and slashed -- go freaking figure :skeptical :spineyes:

I don't think these guys even review the tapes anymore they just apply a suspension.

how about Mueller gets two for the spear and Zetariuk gets one for being a "pretender" :thumb:

rinkrat
02-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Zetariuk gets one for being a "pretender" :thumb:
haha I love it.Another weapon into my verbal arsenal.hehe.

N.W. Bruin
02-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Don Hay says Repik is questionable. Heck it least will not be as young as the Rockets. Giants only will use two 15s for the first time ever in a game while they have had to use three fifteens the last several games and will have to tonight and into the week. Tyson Barrie will be playing game five tonight against Seattle and get a few more games in this week. Injuries and five regular sixteens away at Canada Winter Games on top of the replacement goalie for Westblom injury also at the Winter Games does that.

ihlemic10
02-25-2007, 12:12 PM
It does seem fitting that you call for Mueller's head in this, cause Lucic can do no wrong? Yeah Mueller got his stick up skating by, you really think Peter is a fighter? Lucic took exception and was told to go to the bench. He kept barking, if you noticed all the officals including the linesman were telling him to go. Once he got the 10 minute (Ref with hand on his hips) he kept going. Most likely he just told the referee to F off or worse. Him getting the Gross was his fault for the argueing. He couldn't keep his mouth shut, sounds like a Silvertip he loves, eh? A gross is an automatic game, so I guess you are lucky its not more.

rinkrat
02-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Yeah Mueller got his stick up skating by, you really think Peter is a fighter?

If he has balls enough to spear a known heavyweight in the league he better be prepared to pay the piper.
Are there any stand up players on the Tips or are they all pansies?
Lucic will drop the mitts and go toe to toe with anyone in the league,as will Hunt,Watt, Wuchterl.You won't see a Giant player tuck tail and hide on the bench.In fact Repik went with Mclaren last season and got the instigator.
Your boys need to lose the skirts and man up for their actions.

ihlemic10
02-25-2007, 12:46 PM
If he has balls enough to spear a known heavyweight in the league he better be prepared to pay the piper.
Are there any stand up players on the Tips or are they all pansies?
Lucic will drop the mitts and go toe to toe with anyone in the league,as will Hunt,Watt, Wuchterl.You won't see a Giant player tuck tail and hide on the bench.In fact Repik went with Mclaren last season and got the instigator.
Your boys need to lose the skirts and man up for their actions.

Well how many times did a Giant do that when a Tip did nothing to him. Oh I forgot our whole team has big mouths and the g-men can do no wrong, Vancouver has the smartest fans in the league, and is Heaven on earth, its called the province of BC...yadda yadda.

dondo
02-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Mueller is very talented, but a spear is about the most gutless act a player can do. Zetariuk is another one who talks a great deal but then hides after taking the cheap shot.

Name one player on the Giants who turtles or starts something like that and then skates away, one. I have yet to see it. We've even got Euros like Repik and Bliznak standing up for themselves. Sure we have players who decline to fight, but I have never seen one of our players walk up spear a guy and then skate away.

Lucic is speared and slashed in front of the refs -- over-reacts to be sure, but so did the refs -- instead of punishing the cheap shot artists they punish the victim who over-reacts -- yeah that's a great message to send.

This is great deal due to Kyle Rehman being a legend in his own mind, very quick to call cheap and mindlessly holds and hooks, but a lot slower to punish players for those kinds of acts.

Then we have Ellington who delivers a viciously unprovoked elbow and you complain about us over-reacting?

I don't know about you but I'd look in the mirror before you start hucking stones.

From my point of view, this kind of play and attitude stems from the way Constantine coaches. If there was no instigator penalty this kind of crap simply would not happen, but instead KC hides behind trap-style hockey and sending out his players to take players out, real stand-up guy.

If you actually had a tough guy then maybe we'd fight him instead of Mueller who is walking a very narrow edge and is going to fall off one of these days. Its curious to see that even when Beach drops the gloves he gets his butt kicked all over the ice, so he has to revert to yapping from behind his face-shield, and taking those cheap shots.

McLaren, Kassian, Lucic and even Smuk have all handed Kyle's teeth to him in a baggie - so much for the tough guy he professes to be. Beach has talent no doubt, so I wish we'd see him less as an annoying pest and play more as a man, focus on his skills and not his weasel imitation.

The reason the Silvertips lost four straight in the playoffs last season wasn't due to not having Irving in the net, it was because your team lacked team toughness, something it still doesn't have, imo, so the team as whole takes another route. And frankly its a route I cannot abide.

So of course the Giants are as guilty as the next team, just not guilty of the kind of gutless acts we witnessed Friday night and that's where the comparison ends.

Ihemlic10 you are a solid poster and fairly reasonable in the posts of yours I have read so you have to admit that the style of play that the Silvertips tend toward is not what you'd call clean hockey.

Knuckles Muldoon
02-25-2007, 01:27 PM
If I got speared, I'd go nuts, too. Who wouldn't? It's the lowest of the low, especially from a guy who won't drop his mits. And I would certainly pay Mueller a visit next time the teams meet up. And it wouldn't be the type of visit he could refuse. Know what I mean?

Kassian
02-25-2007, 03:45 PM
It does seem fitting that you call for Mueller's head in this, cause Lucic can do no wrong? Yeah Mueller got his stick up skating by, you really think Peter is a fighter?

Like that matters? Mueller was trying to act like some tough guy when he knows he isn't. You don't do that. If you're going to try and pretend that you are tough you'd better back it up.

It's funny Mueller decided to do that after the game was over. God knows he'd **** himself if he knew Lucic would have a chance to take a run at him.

old_time_hockey
02-25-2007, 05:13 PM
I try not to get personal but Tips fans really are clueless. And I think it is mostly because none of them really have played the game.

If people like Beach or Mueller played the way they do where I played minor hockey, they would be black and blue. Especially Beach. When slashed Lucic on the back of the legs when he was wearing the bubble...it wouldn't matter. His mask would have been ripped off and it's go time.

If you want to play like that, you better be able to defend yourself. That is the way that it has been and that is the way that it always should be. The instigator ruled really messed up hockey opening room for spineless people to run around and do what every they want.

Soundy
02-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Alright, ladies, let's retract the claws, shall we?

http://www.suegregg.com/recipes/maindishes/bakedparmesanchicken/MVC-852S.JPG

SectionNDeserter
02-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Ok, I looked at that picture for a while, and I don't understand. Are you suggesting that they make a casserole or something instead? :D

Soundy
02-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Pouring a saucer of milk... they're getting rather catty.

dondo
02-26-2007, 12:28 AM
I'd rather the casserole -- milk gives me gas :D :p

meow

>^^<