PDA

View Full Version : Well I think we can kiss the playoffs goodbye

Trav
02-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Im shaking my head at the Blades. They win big against SC, lose big against Calgary, win big against Tri Citys, off to a poor start against PA, Holtby's pulled AGAIN. He should've been pulled last Tuesday against the Hitmen.

The game against Calgary was just sick to watch. The Hitmen skated through the Blades all game long, surprise the score wasnt worse. Dont the players know they're supposed to skate hard every shift?

Oh well, hope the Blades get a good spot in the bantam and euro drafts and draft some snipers for next year.

BladeRunner
02-25-2007, 10:14 PM
ya i wasn't very happy with the turn out of tonights game, Blades needed to win that one but like you said, play good then bad. im gonna still hope that the Blades win all the rest of the games, what im really mad about is this isn't the middle of the season this is the playoff push, i feel that the Blades arn't playing like a team or there potential. when the Blades takeoff on the alberta roadtrip i was hoping there were still in the playoff hunt, because im heading along to watch the games, but i will guess i will get drunk at each game and cheer on the average season! as fans we can only hope the blades put something together now because it aint looking goo anymore!

howley
02-26-2007, 12:36 AM
i don't think you can write them off quite yet. After Wednesday against SC it will be alot more clear.

BladeRunner
02-26-2007, 04:20 PM
im totally putting them off, but there is that urgency that they need to put something together. the Blades have 11 games left, so i think they would need to win at least 8 of those. and the Raiders and Broncos have to struggle only winning 5 or less. it is gonna be tight in the standings at the end of the year, anything can happen yet!

Tidball
02-26-2007, 05:15 PM
With a bad record in the regular season we will get Brad Ross (hopefully) and high euro pick.

howley
02-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Really the Blades only need the Bronco's OR the Raiders to struggle. Both would be great but only one is needed. Seems like Bronco's are stepping up to the plate for the "struggling team" roll. (since about christmas). Go Raiders go, until the last two games of the season. After tommorrow's game with SC and PA and Wednesday's game it will all be decided IMO.

Flathead
02-26-2007, 06:52 PM
If I was a Blades fan I wouldn't be righting the playoffs off at all. your only 5 points behind us, we have 3 wins in our last 15 or 16 games, and you guys have a coach.

Fight Guy
02-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Yeah...things are still close in the last 4 spots in the division there. The Pats aren't all that far ahead of that pack either, but I dont really foresee them dropping out of the playoffs.

BladeRunner
02-26-2007, 07:55 PM
it would be funny if they did, or even a shock LOL i dought it thow

Blades 4 Life!
02-27-2007, 05:17 PM
The Blades are only 5 points behind the Swift Current Broncos and 6 points behind The P.A Raiders. Why woould you count them out when The Blades have 11 games left and the Bronco's have 10 and Raiders have 11. We have one game in hand over the Bronco's so if you think about it, if the Blades win that game we are only 3 points behind them and we play them tomorrow and if we win tomorrows game we should only be 1 point behind them. We also play P.A twice with a Home and home at the end of the season. Either the Bronco's or the Raider's need to keep their losing streak going. The Blades can make the Playoffs and i believe they will.

Bran
02-28-2007, 10:28 AM
it would be funny if they did, or even a shock LOL i dought it thow
That would NOT be funny! :p Those guys would be run out of town...

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-04-2007, 08:00 AM
I do,the Blades are only 4 points back now(thanks to the Hurricanes) I can not believe that people have written off the season already,and sure the Blades would be facing a tough team in the 1st round,and some fans want a higher draft choice,but the fact of the matter is that they still want to make the playoffs,and have not given up yet.

Even if the Blades do make the playoffs,they will still get a fairly decent pick in the draft.

I would like to see the Blades make the playoffs,so I can watch more hockey.

Five Hole
03-04-2007, 08:06 AM
I do,the Blades are only 4 points back now(thanks to the Hurricanes) .

Uhm, you might want to recheck your math. :wave:
Raiders beat the Hurricanes last night

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Uhm, you might want to recheck your math. :wave:
Raiders beat the Hurricanes last night
oh wow a 2 point mistake,well at least it will be the Raiders that the Blades knock out of the playoffs(if they do make it) I am hoping and beleive that they can,but that will sure not make things (the discussion between Raider and Blades fans) any better.

Blades 4 Life!
03-04-2007, 04:10 PM
The difference between 4 and 6 points back with 8 games left is huge

But it still can be done.... pretty hard but there is still a chance

Blades 4 Life!
03-04-2007, 05:47 PM
And the Blades only play 2 more home games so they are on the road for the most part and they have to play tough teams like Calgary and Red Deer.