PDA

View Full Version : Ticked off at Barker

Tiger Trauma
02-27-2005, 09:38 PM
When is this guy gonna at least work hard for 10 minutes in the game...I think i am the last tiger fan to turn against him.....He dogs it all around the ice....tries to make a move one one guy only to make a crappy pass and gets caught up ice....In our zone He'll wander over to russels corner..leaving the guy in front of the net open.....I've sort of been defending him for a while but after this weekend I'm pretty choked about his work ethic. He can mmove the puck pretty good...but i say scratch him for a game.....Heres one more thing he fools around on the powerplay for half a minute only to have a wrister blocked and the puck sent out of our zone.......If he'd had blanshan's work ethic he would be the phanuef of the league.

smackitsakic
02-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Ha, sorry, nobody in this league is going to be what Phaneuf is. Nobody is as big of a lock to make the NHL as this guy, not even Crosby.

Tiger Trauma
02-28-2005, 02:17 PM
true just saying that barker isn't playing to his potential after he came back from the world junoirs

Ti-girl
02-28-2005, 09:10 PM
I agree.
Barker has been sucking hard since WJ's if not before. They should freaking bench him and leave Shelmko play. At least that kid works out there.
Barker needs to realize that the Tigers are NOT his team. It is Marr's team. The rest of the team has been playing the way Marr does. Hard hitting, high intensity. Even the smaller guys like Psurny, Block and Lukin.
Blanshan and Exner have been impressing me since the Jan 2 game in Calgary. So has Helm and Psurny.

But Barker needs to get his swollen head out of the clouds and play the way the rest of the team does instead of dogging it.

rinkrat
03-01-2005, 04:21 PM
perhaps he is still feeling the effects of mono? It can take literally months to get your strength back.Maybe he deserves credit for sucking it up and giving his best?

fightstrap50
03-01-2005, 08:24 PM
perhaps he is still feeling the effects of mono? It can take literally months to get your strength back.Maybe he deserves credit for sucking it up and giving his best?
i would say i have to agree with you on the mono situation as my brother had it for more than 5 months before completely going away and its a very draining sickness on the body as well,you can literally lost 20 pounds easy,so tiger fans dont give up on him ive seen what hes capable of and know hes good for more,and this is coming from an ICE fan!! GO ICE GO!!! :thumb: