PDA

View Full Version : Blades VS Broncos

Tidball
02-28-2007, 03:18 PM
These teams hate eachother. The Broncos dive more then Dmitri Sautan. Blades need to be carefull, specail teams will be the key to this game. Hopefully we get another 3+ fight night :)

Blades 4 Life!
02-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Hopefully we get another 3+ fight night :)

I like your thinking!!! The Blades neew to come out with alot of jump and get a early lead but also keep the lead. i believe they should start Zemlak this game. The last couple of home games, Holtby has started and hasn't played up to how he usually plays. I also hope it is a pretty physical game and Gillies has to watch his checking from behind. in the last couple home games Gillies has thrown some pretty cheap hits and he needs to learn not to do that. I can see tonights game being a blow out which will result into some fighting and rough play.

Chuckles
02-28-2007, 04:52 PM
I would be suprised if they didn't start holtby that boy has played freaking amazing.. or atleast here he has. He has the bronco's number this year. Hopefully its a good game.

Shortys
02-28-2007, 04:57 PM
I would be suprised if they didn't start holtby that boy has played freaking amazing.. or atleast here he has. He has the bronco's number this year. Hopefully its a good game.

I agree, Holtby has been shakey the past few games, but he has played outstanding in Bronco games. This might just be the game to bring him his confidence back. Holtby should start. Lets go...... Holtby stop some pucks, Menei score some goals, and Klotz throw some fists!

Blades 4 Life!
02-28-2007, 05:38 PM
If it's Holtby or Zemlak, we need to shut down the Broncos and I wouldn't be surprised if Klotz threw some punches tonight! To bad Joe Barnes wasn't still on the team cause he sure had the Broncos number last year. He would put up amazing points everytime he paid them!!!

howley
02-28-2007, 05:44 PM
a loss tonight closes the playoff door imo

Link Dog
02-28-2007, 05:52 PM
The only way Klotz will be in a fight tonight is if he jumps someone, or the score is out of hand and one of the Broncos is feeling crazy. Larochelle is our best scrapper and he gives up 3 inches and 35 pounds to Garrett. I'll say this for Klotz, he can take a punch because when he and RJ went at it here in Swift, RJ surprised him with 3 early lefts right on the button and he hung in there till he got his right going and put Larochelle down. IMO it's too big a game for a 25-30 minute d-man to be in the box for 5 minutes just to scrap a 3rd-4th liner.

Big Ern
02-28-2007, 11:53 PM
Well, it seems like the Broncos actually played the Blades like they should play the Blades tonight. Very few mistakes by Swift, and limited chances for Saskatoon. WAY TO GO BOYS!! Those two points were HUGE!!! Moir was hot, and our defense was relentless. I'm glad the Broncos sent a message with the final game of this season series. The five wins by the Blades throughout the season, were horribly embarassing. LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

nivek_wahs
03-01-2007, 04:25 AM
http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/news/sports/story.html?id=4c3cd5fe-1d71-40bd-a45c-0e0ca7526669

Running on empty: Blades shut out by Broncos' Moir, who stops 24 shots

Doug McConachie, The StarPhoenix
Published: Thursday, March 01, 2007

BRONCOS 3, BLADES 0

The Swift Current Broncos couldn't have picked a better time to figure out the riddle of the Saskatoon Blades.

Frustrated with just two wins in seven previous contests against Saskatoon, the Broncos got physical. In the process, they put themselves in the driver's seat for a playoff spot.

Swift Current's 3-0 win over Saskatoon on Wednesday at Credit Union Centre, coupled with Moose Jaw Warriors' 7-4 victory over the Prince Albert Raiders, has the Broncos three points up on the Raiders for third in the WHL East Division. More importantly, the Broncos are eight points up on Moose Jaw and nine ahead of Saskatoon.

The Blades (23-35-2-2) fall into the basement in the six-team division. The top four teams make the playoffs.

With just 10 games remaining in the regular season, the clouds continue to darken over Saskatoon. The Blades now have to find a way to not only get by Moose Jaw, but also catch the Raiders.

Second-period goals by Levi Nelson and Kyle Bortis, combined with a night of perfection by veteran Broncos netminder Kyle Moir, who stopped all 24 Saskatoon shots for his fifth shutout of the season, dashed Saskatoon's hopes.

Nelson banged home a huge rebound three minutes into the second period and Bortis, a native of Saskatoon, scored on a power play late in the frame.

"I thought the second period was the difference," said Broncos coach Dean Chynoweth.

Moir didn't have to make a lot of saves through 40 minutes -- just 11 -- but when tested he was brilliant.

Eight minutes into the first period, Moir had a huge pad save off Blades leading scorer Ryan Menei. Midway through the second, when the Broncos made a rare defensive mistake and let Chris Cloud walk in alone, Moir got the pad out again. And in the opening minute of the third period, Moir stopped Derek Hulak on a backhander from close in with the Blades on the power play.

"They'd kind of put it to us in the last couple of games," Moir said. "We needed this . . .

they had a couple of games in hand and with a (Swift Current) loss, could have caught us." Saskatoon applied pressure in the final 20 minutes, outshooting the Broncos 13-4. However, the Broncos scored the only goal when Daniel Rakos blew a 25-footer past Garrett Zemlak.

"We've just got to put it behind us," said Blades centre Justin McCrae. "We didn't get the work ethic tonight, but if we come to the rink with confidence and believe in ourselves, we can do it." BLADE BITS: Saskatoon has home games Friday against Brandon and Saturday against Regina, then hits the road for five games.

dmcconachie@sp.canwest.com

BLADES AT A GLANCE

Games left: 10

Points out of playoff: Six

Next game: Home to Regina Friday, 7 p.m.

3. Swift Current 59 pts

4. Prince Albert 56 pts

5. Moose Jaw 51 pts

6. Saskatoon 50 pts

© The StarPhoenix (Saskatoon) 2007