PDA

View Full Version : WHL Heavyweights

Blades 4 Life!
02-28-2007, 05:54 PM
WHo do you think the WHL Heavyweight title should bo to and decrible why??? And if there are any fighters i have missed please post about them

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Im not sure, but I know it isnt klotz. Stoez is #3 in my mind, so its either boogey or kassian.

I hear Kassian beat Boogaard so I will chose Kassian. It is close either way.

Blades 4 Life!
02-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Klotz beat Boogard in saskatoon IMO so i would have to say the Klotz and Kassian are the fighers to beat.

westbeach55
02-28-2007, 06:30 PM
there is no way klotz is up there with the top fighters in the dub. Gauthier has beat klotz numerous times this year and i wouldnt even classify him as a top fighter. Matt Kassian has to up there

Beaner
02-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Kassian is still #1 but I would say not nearly as dominant as last year.

You forgot to put Lucic on your list I would rank him in the top 5.

HAF
02-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Im not sure, but I know it isnt klotz. Stoez is #3 in my mind, so its either boogey or kassian.

I hear Kassian beat Boogaard so I will chose Kassian. It is close either way.

Of thier tilts this year I believe Boogaard and Kassian have both beaten each other atleast once. However in all fairness I do believe Kassian has had the more impressive fight card this year.

Why is Evan Haw even on this list? He has pretty much made it clear this year that he doesnt want to be a fighter. I would have put Blackwater on that list before I would have put Haw on there.

dj-kris
02-28-2007, 06:53 PM
How does Cody Smuck not make the list :laugh:

Sabes
02-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Kassian is the toughest and Lucic is a close 2nd with Boogaard being #3 for me.

Coyote14
02-28-2007, 08:09 PM
How does Cody Smuck not make the list :laugh:Because it was just Kyle Beach. haha

rinkrat
02-28-2007, 08:16 PM

Good call,I agree.

old_time_hockey
02-28-2007, 08:48 PM
I think Kassian is the toughest. I mean he throws them and doesn't care if he takes some off the chin.

I think Lucic has the best fighting "skill"

And Smuk gets my vote of favorite fight of the year :thumb:

Tidball
02-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Gauthier has beat klotz numerous times this year.

NUMBEROUS TIMES!?!?!?!? HOW THE HECK CAN GAUTHIER BEAT KLOTZ NUMBEROUS TIMES IF THEYVE ONLY FOUGHT ONCE!!!

i think you got confused. Maybe you meant to say that Gauthier declined KLotz numberous times.

Typical bullcrap comming out of you.

Klotz beat Stoesz, draw Lynch, beat Boogaard, and Gauthier is chicken to fight Klotz again. Klotz is a top heavywieght in the WHL at only 18 years old.

Tidball
02-28-2007, 11:25 PM
The poll should be best in the East and best in the West. Mainly because the East Div only plays BC and US teams once a year.

Kassian
02-28-2007, 11:55 PM

Mine looks very similar.

1. Kassian
2. Boogaard
3. Lucic

You could easily switch Boogaard and Lucic but what it came down for to me is Boogaard KO'd McLaren and McLaren TKO'd Lucic. Although Lucic did have two more fights with McLaren which were draws. Lucic also had two draws against Boogaard.

SectionNDeserter
03-01-2007, 08:24 AM
I went with Kassian too, as they are all pretty close, but Kassian seems to have a lot more stamina than the others and usually still has some left in the tank when the other guys are 'done'.

Shortys
03-01-2007, 09:27 AM
there is no way klotz is up there with the top fighters in the dub. Gauthier has beat klotz numerous times this year and i wouldnt even classify him as a top fighter. Matt Kassian has to up there

Gauthier faught Klotz once this year, the first time they played against this year. Gauthier won the fight, but now Gauthier wont fight him again.

Tidball
03-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Gauthier isnt fighting anyone, hes on out top defensive pairing and needs to play hockey, either way he sure gave it to klutz when they fought

Dude, He landed 3 shots. And those shots werent even good, only 1 connected to his face, the other 2 landed on the side of his head. The only reason Gauthier won was because he wrestled immediately after he landed a couple shots. Klotz has wanted a rematch every game since and Gauthier has declined. So please dont give me the "he a top D-man now" response, thats may be the case NOW, but it wasnt a couple months ago. Also, we will see if Gauthier is a man during the final 2 games of the season, playoff spots should be cemented and the Blades and Raiders finish off the season with a home and home seiries. No excuses then for Gauthier, unless hes scared to the point that Klotz will injure him out of the playoffs. And TRUST ME, Klotz will 100% challenge Gauthier both of those games. Should Gauhtier decline both of those, Klotz will get frustrated and probably beat Vann to a bloody pulp.

No Excuses come the home and home.

Shortys
03-01-2007, 03:44 PM
you should be a little more worried about your team catching someone for a playoff spot...or did you give up on that already?
Haha, actually I am not worried, we have you guys in our sites, it is your spot to loose, ours to gain!! The last home and home will be the breaker! And Gauthier will go down :D

Tidball
03-01-2007, 04:45 PM
you should be a little more worried about your team catching someone for a playoff spot...or did you give up on that already?

Well, should Kelowna and Chilliwack pass us and nothing changes in the East... BLades will have a chance for the #1 draft pick this season, which would be pretty huge because its really a star studded draft. One of the best we've had in years. Insane amount of talent.

Sabes
03-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Dude, He landed 3 shots. And those shots werent even good, only 1 connected to his face, the other 2 landed on the side of his head. The only reason Gauthier won was because he wrestled immediately after he landed a couple shots. Klotz has wanted a rematch every game since and Gauthier has declined. So please dont give me the "he a top D-man now" response, thats may be the case NOW, but it wasnt a couple months ago. Also, we will see if Gauthier is a man during the final 2 games of the season, playoff spots should be cemented and the Blades and Raiders finish off the season with a home and home seiries. No excuses then for Gauthier, unless hes scared to the point that Klotz will injure him out of the playoffs. And TRUST ME, Klotz will 100% challenge Gauthier both of those games. Should Gauhtier decline both of those, Klotz will get frustrated and probably beat Vann to a bloody pulp.

No Excuses come the home and home.

That would be the worst time for them to fight, unless the Raiders fall out of the play-offs. Gauthier could break his wrist again and we would be screwed. I would love to see them go at it again though. Gauthier with the win already and Klotz with 3 inches and about 35 lbs on him I think it would be a good fight.

Flathead
03-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Kassian is the league heavyweight imo. I can't believe Haw and Yeo each have a vote. Swift doesn't really have a true heavyweight, but Rumsey has beat Haw and Larochelle destroyed Yeo in Brandon last year. IMO LaRochelle is the toughest on Swift and I would have him on the list before Haw or Yeo.

Dwight Schrute
03-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Im not positive but wasent it Larochelle that Trach beat ?
yes after trach nailed smith with the best hit i've seen in a couple years.
also to the blade fans that wanna say something about gauthier being a top d-man well why isnt brad cole fighting every game ? gauthier is a better player nevermind a better fighter also than any of the blades defensemen (and forwards too for the most part) btw gauthier 3 goals in his last 3 games.

kassian then boogie, then lucic. next tier has gauthier stoesz yeo bendfield, mclaren(in no particular order)

dj-kris
03-01-2007, 11:58 PM
Because it was just Kyle Beach. hahaCLEARLY I WASN'T SERIOUS

Coyote14
03-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Haha I know that. I was laughing at Beach, not you. Cause he got absolutely dropped.

Tidball
03-02-2007, 01:09 AM
yes after trach nailed smith with the best hit i've seen in a couple years.
also to the blade fans that wanna say something about gauthier being a top d-man well why isnt brad cole fighting every game ? gauthier is a better player nevermind a better fighter also than any of the blades defensemen (and forwards too for the most part) btw gauthier 3 goals in his last 3 games.

kassian then boogie, then lucic. next tier has gauthier stoesz yeo bendfield, mclaren(in no particular order)

Lol, Gauthier is not better then Brad Cole. Yeah 3 goals in 3 games is allright. However Brad Cole has scored THREE goals in only TWO games THREE times this season. Not to mention he won player of the week honors, i dont think gauthier has. How many 2 goal games does Gauthier have? Better yet, how many 4 point games does Gauthier have?

Brad Cole has 8 multiple point games compared to Gauthiers 3.

STATS
BRAD COLE - GP53
14 GOALS, 22 ASSISTS, 36 POINTS. 0.68 PPG

MIKE GAUTHIER - GP62
5 GOALS, 19 ASSISTS, 24 POINTS. 0.39PPG

also note Joe Logan also has more points and fewer games played then Gauthier.

Maybe also note that Menei is better then EVERY Raider player on the roster.

As well, Klotz has bloodied Benfeld, beat Boogaard, and beat Stoesz. Gauthier got lucky against Klotz once and has ducked him countless times again and again. I dont like to say this but, i hope Klotz fights Gauthier whether Gauthier wants to or not, Gauthier thinks hes pretty tough picking on Menei McCrae Crowley, Cuthbert, but when Klotz approaches him, Gauthier looks like hes just seen a ghost. Whether you like it or not, 1 of the Raiders are going to get thier *** handed to them by Klotz during the home and home. I hope its Gauthier and not Vann, Vann is a joke of an enforcer.

When Klotz reigns supreme i will hear the "yeah well we're in playoffs" Heh, wait a couple years and see what the Blades do.

Dwight Schrute
03-02-2007, 09:51 AM
gauthier is a better d-man than brad cole. if gauthier logged 40 min a night like cole did he would get double the points. gauthier gets 22-24 min a night at least. also gauthier rarely gets pp time(may and smith, thelen before, and tendler and another forward usually play the point). cole gets a ton of pp time. you cant measure gauthier or cole by point totals. and take a poll gauthier is a better skater/fighter/shot/hitter, and overall a better more rounded player which is why he was drafted and cole was not

Dwight Schrute
03-02-2007, 09:54 AM
When Klotz reigns supreme i will hear the "yeah well we're in playoffs" Heh, wait a couple years and see what the Blades do.
what will you say when gauthier wipes the floor with him again ? gauthier could put him in the hospital and you'd say oh it was a slight loss gauthier only won cause of the takedown. and also klotz will never reign supreme lol

Tidball
03-02-2007, 12:09 PM
gauthier is a better d-man than brad cole. if gauthier logged 40 min a night like cole did he would get double the points. gauthier gets 22-24 min a night at least. also gauthier rarely gets pp time(may and smith, thelen before, and tendler and another forward usually play the point). cole gets a ton of pp time. you cant measure gauthier or cole by point totals. and take a poll gauthier is a better skater/fighter/shot/hitter, and overall a better more rounded player which is why he was drafted and cole was not

Ill give a fair opinoin on whos better at what part of the game.

Shut down Defenseman - tie
Offensive Defenseman - Cole
Fighter - Gauthier(though Cole can throw them good, Gauthier wins this part)
Shot - Cole(pay attention the next time you see this guy wind up for a slap shot)
Skater - Gauthier
Hitter - Gauthier, though many of his hits are from behind... Cole doesnt check nearly enough
Smarts - Cole, he's slow but he knows how to compensate for that.
Leadership - Cole
Prospect/future - Gauthier, is a draft pic, Cole is not.

I know you think that Gauthier is better offensively, but Gauthier doesnt get PP time for a reason...

Tidball
03-02-2007, 12:13 PM
what will you say when gauthier wipes the floor with him again ? gauthier could put him in the hospital and you'd say oh it was a slight loss gauthier only won cause of the takedown. and also klotz will never reign supreme lol

Did Gauthier man up and fight Boogaard when Tri came to town? Klotz did in Saskatoon and beat him. Klotz is a much different fighter then he was 6 months ago, and Gauthier knows it... he'll get his.

Tidball
03-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Boogard didnt want to fight Gauthier, Boogard went after one of our smaller players and Gauthier was in their right away and they both just skated away

Thjats the exact same situation with us. Replace Boogaard with Gauthier, and replace Gauthier with Klotz...
It should look something like this;
"Gauthier didnt want to fight Klotz, Gauthier went after one of our smaller players and Klotz was in their right away so Gauthier just skated away.

Sabes
03-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Posted by TIPMAN on another board recently:

HEAVYWEIGHTS

1. Matt Kassian: Until he gets clearly beaten, he's still gotta be #1. Lynch, Boogaard and McLaren have both fought him well this season but you still have to like Kassian.

2. Aaron Boogaard: Seems to be putting together one of the impressive streaks I spoke of in earlier rankings that makes a run at the #1 spot. Definitely has separated himself from the other contenders and is now a solid #2.

3. Myles Stoesz: I like what Myles has done since going to Regina. Seems rejuvinated fighting newer blood out east rather than having guys like Boogaard and Kassian staring acrossed at you every night.

4. Jason Lynch: Still, he just wins....or finds a way not ot lose anyway. Solid on any given night.

5. Milan Lucic: I'm worried that all of this playing hockey is getting in the way of his fighting career. Seemed poised to be Kassian's heir apparent last year, still one of the best but not as interested at times anymore.

6. Garrett Klotz: One of the few that have stepped up and opened some eyes this season. Big kid that can throw with anyone.

7. Frazer McLaren: I see alot of the same things in him that I do in Lucic. his opening night KO over lucic had him poised to make a run up the list but that damn playing hockey seems to have gotten in the way of his fighting career too.

8. Jordan Bendfeld: Tough kid that hasn't stepped it up like I hoped he would this year. Still a top 10 guy though considering the increase in activity of late.

9. Mike Gauthier: Slowed down a little after a fast start but you can't ignore what a presence he is on the PA blueline. Tough kid that would be much higher if he was 2 inches and 20 lbs bigger.

10. Theran Yeo: I always get crap for liking him more than alot of pugilistic prognosticators. He's a wrecking ball though. I'd love for him to upgrade the level of competition and prove me right. I think he needs a trade out west.

MIDDLEWEIGHTS

1. James McEwen: Still beats all of the guys he should and challenges himself by supersizing his opponents from time to time.

2. Garet Hunt: Same as above but McEwen owns the tiebreaker of head to head battles.

3. R.J. LaRochelle: Tough lefty. I'd love to see him go with one of the top two. I think he's capable of beating either one on any given night.

4. Brennan Sonne: His activity has picked up as has his quality of opponents. Isn't as exciting as Hunt or as good as McEwen but he isn't far off. All 3 were cut from the same mold.

5. Derek Dorsett: Owns a victory over Hunt but his level of activity isn't the same nor is the level of competition.

6. Troy Ofukany: I'm still pissed that Regina got him instead of Everett. Not fighting alot but very underrated when he does.

7. Cody Vann: Quick start but has slowed down of late. Still a good middie though.

8. Zach Smith: I like him too. Another in that mold i spoke of earlier. Would love to see what he's made of out west too.

9. Johnathan Harty: Really has improved this season and recently was impressive over Portland upstart Taylor Jordan.

10. Chris Stevens: Always willing, you have to be when you play with Dorsett. Has done surprisingly well in some recent fights.

Dwight Schrute
03-02-2007, 03:52 PM

Offensive Defenseman - tie not cole
Shot - Gauthier(pay attention the next time you see this guy wind up for a slap shot)
Skater - Gauthier
Hitter - Gauthier, though many of his hits are from behind... Cole doesnt check nearly enough
Smarts - Cole,but as gauthier matures he will get better, has improved immensley since last season
Leadership - Cole(not far ahead of gauthier. gauthier will step in for anyone as evidenced when he steppen in on kassian for thelen when gauthier had a busted wrist)
Prospect/future - Gauthier, is a draft pic, Cole is not.(if gauthier can add 20 lbs to his 6'4 frame without losing speed in his skating watch out)

I know you think that Gauthier is better offensively, but Gauthier doesnt get PP time for a reason(yeah we have forwards who can play the point, and gauthier is needed more in a shut down role but 25 points aint bad for a stay at home physical d-man)
and since i moved to stoon i have watched cole more. i think he is a decent heart and soul d-man and a good player, and id like to have seen him as a raider but i'd take gauthier over him any day of the week

rinkrat
03-02-2007, 04:49 PM
How has Flatters done since the trade? Has he fought yet?
He's definately not the top Heavyweight but pretty tough and entertaining.

Tidball
03-03-2007, 01:21 AM
Posted by TIPMAN on another board recently:

HEAVYWEIGHTS

1. Matt Kassian: Until he gets clearly beaten, he's still gotta be #1. Lynch, Boogaard and McLaren have both fought him well this season but you still have to like Kassian.

2. Aaron Boogaard: Seems to be putting together one of the impressive streaks I spoke of in earlier rankings that makes a run at the #1 spot. Definitely has separated himself from the other contenders and is now a solid #2.

3. Myles Stoesz: I like what Myles has done since going to Regina. Seems rejuvinated fighting newer blood out east rather than having guys like Boogaard and Kassian staring acrossed at you every night.

4. Jason Lynch: Still, he just wins....or finds a way not ot lose anyway. Solid on any given night.

5. Milan Lucic: I'm worried that all of this playing hockey is getting in the way of his fighting career. Seemed poised to be Kassian's heir apparent last year, still one of the best but not as interested at times anymore.

6. Garrett Klotz: One of the few that have stepped up and opened some eyes this season. Big kid that can throw with anyone.

7. Frazer McLaren: I see alot of the same things in him that I do in Lucic. his opening night KO over lucic had him poised to make a run up the list but that damn playing hockey seems to have gotten in the way of his fighting career too.

8. Jordan Bendfeld: Tough kid that hasn't stepped it up like I hoped he would this year. Still a top 10 guy though considering the increase in activity of late.

9. Mike Gauthier: Slowed down a little after a fast start but you can't ignore what a presence he is on the PA blueline. Tough kid that would be much higher if he was 2 inches and 20 lbs bigger.

10. Theran Yeo: I always get crap for liking him more than alot of pugilistic prognosticators. He's a wrecking ball though. I'd love for him to upgrade the level of competition and prove me right. I think he needs a trade out west.

MIDDLEWEIGHTS

1. James McEwen: Still beats all of the guys he should and challenges himself by supersizing his opponents from time to time.

2. Garet Hunt: Same as above but McEwen owns the tiebreaker of head to head battles.

3. R.J. LaRochelle: Tough lefty. I'd love to see him go with one of the top two. I think he's capable of beating either one on any given night.

4. Brennan Sonne: His activity has picked up as has his quality of opponents. Isn't as exciting as Hunt or as good as McEwen but he isn't far off. All 3 were cut from the same mold.

5. Derek Dorsett: Owns a victory over Hunt but his level of activity isn't the same nor is the level of competition.

6. Troy Ofukany: I'm still pissed that Regina got him instead of Everett. Not fighting alot but very underrated when he does.

7. Cody Vann: Quick start but has slowed down of late. Still a good middie though.

8. Zach Smith: I like him too. Another in that mold i spoke of earlier. Would love to see what he's made of out west too.

9. Johnathan Harty: Really has improved this season and recently was impressive over Portland upstart Taylor Jordan.

10. Chris Stevens: Always willing, you have to be when you play with Dorsett. Has done surprisingly well in some recent fights.

Cloud rocked Smith, he couldnt go to the penalty bench he had to get repairs and was gone for 15 minutes. Cloud should be up on that middle wieghts list. Not to mention hell fight anyone.

Tidball
03-03-2007, 01:26 AM

Offensive Defenseman - tie not cole
Shot - Gauthier(pay attention the next time you see this guy wind up for a slap shot)
Skater - Gauthier
Smarts - Cole,but as gauthier matures he will get better, has improved immensley since last season
Leadership - Cole(not far ahead of gauthier. gauthier will step in for anyone as evidenced when he steppen in on kassian for thelen when gauthier had a busted wrist)
Prospect/future - Gauthier, is a draft pic, Cole is not.(if gauthier can add 20 lbs to his 6'4 frame without losing speed in his skating watch out)

I know you think that Gauthier is better offensively, but Gauthier doesnt get PP time for a reason(yeah we have forwards who can play the point, and gauthier is needed more in a shut down role but 25 points aint bad for a stay at home physical d-man)
and since i moved to stoon i have watched cole more. i think he is a decent heart and soul d-man and a good player, and id like to have seen him as a raider but i'd take gauthier over him any day of the week

Cole has played less games and put up more points. Till Gauthier can suprass Joe Logan in points, then talk to me about Gauthiers offensive ability. All of Coles goals have come from Slapshots near the blueline, ive seen 1 of Gauthiers goals, it was a lucky one where he took a slap shot from 10 feet out and the goalie got a piece of it.

Sabes
03-03-2007, 01:43 AM
STATS
BRAD COLE - GP53
14 GOALS, 22 ASSISTS, 36 POINTS. 0.68 PPG

MIKE GAUTHIER - GP62
5 GOALS, 19 ASSISTS, 24 POINTS. 0.39PPG

Gotta remember Cole is 20 and Gauthier is 19. In Cole's 19 year old season he only had 18 points which is less the Gauthier and his season isn't done yet.

Dwight Schrute
03-03-2007, 03:19 AM
Gotta remember Cole is 20 and Gauthier is 19. In Cole's 19 year old season he only had 18 points which is less the Gauthier and his season isn't done yet.
also cole gets 2x the min most dmen get....and also a lot of pp time
gauthier as a blade would proabably have in 62 games 9g 28 a

Blades 4 Life!
03-03-2007, 03:11 PM
I believe that Chris Cloud should be in the middle weights list as well. He is a pretty damn good fighter.

Kassian
03-03-2007, 04:11 PM
As well, Klotz has bloodied Benfeld, beat Boogaard, and beat Stoesz.

The first fight between Bendfeld and Klotz was a draw. The second fight Klotz probably got the edge but either way, no damage was done. Klotz certainly did not beat Boogaard. That fight was also a draw. Stoesz didn't even drop his gloves with Klotz so if you want to give Klotz the win for that fine, but it isn't really a legit win.

Either way I like Klotz and he's shown some real promise. But be realistic here....

Kassian
03-03-2007, 04:14 PM
How has Flatters done since the trade? Has he fought yet?
He's definately not the top Heavyweight but pretty tough and entertaining.

Flatters has fought four times since being traded.

His first fight was against Chris Cloud and I wasn't able to see it so I don't know how that one turned out.

His second fight was against Ryley Grantham and he lost that one taking some pretty solid punches at the end which put him down.

Flatters' third and fourth fights came last night against Josh Elder and Mike Reich. He lost to Elder after taking a huge right hand which snapped his head back. To his credit Flatters didn't go down but he did hold on for the rest of the fight. His fight with Reich was a nothing fight. Camera work wasn't very good but it appeared both guys fell down pretty quickly and Flatters was on top of Reich throwing some rights but it is hard to tell what or if anything connected.

Five Hole
03-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Flatters' third and fourth fights came last night against Josh Elder and Mike Reich. He lost to Elder after taking a huge right hand which snapped his head back. To his credit Flatters didn't go down but he did hold on for the rest of the fight. .

They were both trading punches pretty good there. However, Elder's got a few inches reach and it looked like a few of his were landing and Flatters' were mostly coming up a bit short, hard to tell on Livestream. But Elders did stagger him with that one, it looked like. Boogaard'd Pretty good tilt!

Kassian
03-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Flatters doesn't usually open up like that so it was nice to see for a change. Elder really caught him with a solid right. He's done pretty good in his first two fights as a Regina Pat. First he dropped Kerr with a solid punch and worked over Flatters pretty decisively last night.

Tidball
03-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Elder should work over Flatters and Kerr easily, he should be fighting people like Kassian, Lucic, and beating on Klotz but watch when the Pats play the Blades he wont fight anyone who is a top 10 fighter, he wouldnt even lift his head up when he was on the ice with Yeo . it was very frustrating to be a fan of his. As soon as he fought anyone that was tough at all he got beat bad(Larochelle) and this comming from a fan of his

Its ok Stoesz and Gauthier are the same way with Klotz. Klotz wanted a fight with Stoesz more then anything, Stoesz declined him 3 times tonight. Stoesz says KLotz isnt worth his time, well Klotz got a point tonight and Stoesz didnt.

patsrock83
03-05-2007, 01:47 AM
did anyone see scott brownlee kick the crap out of klotz at the beggining of year hes 3 ft tall hahah

nivek_wahs
03-05-2007, 01:58 AM
Here's a couple pictures of Klotz vs. Brownlee Sept. 23... Brownlee was no heavyweight... listed as 5'11 185.

http://reginapats.com/gallery/1/5/92/ECO_3317.JPG
http://reginapats.com/gallery/1/5/92/ECO_3335.JPG

Bran
03-05-2007, 02:06 AM
Here's a couple pictures of Klotz vs. Brownlee Sept. 23... Brownlee was no heavyweight... listed as 5'11 185.

http://reginapats.com/gallery/1/5/92/ECO_3317.JPG
http://reginapats.com/gallery/1/5/92/ECO_3335.JPG
I miss Brownlee. He was a tough kid, and wasn't afraid of anything...kinda like Reich only not crazy. :spineyes:

Blades 4 Life!
03-08-2007, 12:54 AM
Here are some videos that i found of some of the Heavyweights:

-Kassian vs Boogard - http://youtube.com/watch?v=91iGPl_dLXw
-Boogard KO on Mclaren http://youtube.com/watch?v=oCqOVT0we7o&mode=related&search=
-Klotz vs Boogard - http://youtube.com/watch?v=uzTXRVfm14o
-Boogard vs. Stoesz - http://youtube.com/watch?v=fyvjK5j0KNg
-McLaren vs. Watt - http://youtube.com/watch?v=0sE8LzV9DKQ
-Kamloops vs Regina Line brawl - http://youtube.com/watch?v=4ycn9dvodGg
-Kassian vs Tidball - http://youtube.com/watch?v=merKPxeZqds

nivek_wahs
03-08-2007, 01:07 AM
As well, Klotz has bloodied Benfeld, beat Boogaard, and beat Stoesz.No chance... that was a draw.

See the video...
-Klotz vs Boogard - http://youtube.com/watch?v=uzTXRVfm14o

-Kamloops vs Regina Line brawl - http://youtube.com/watch?v=4ycn9dvodGgOh the memories... :laugh:

ointhecreek
03-08-2007, 09:18 AM
What was Klotz trying to do Scratch Boogard? Funny stuff. If you go by number of punches thrown I'd have to go with Klotz and his love taps, but by quality of the punch I'd definitely go with Boogard. Threw some hammers.

Tidball
03-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Boogaard landed 3-4 shots.(And the best punch to the jaw no doubt) But Klotz landed 10-11 shots. Id give that to Klotz. That was funny how they were clawing at eachother to begin with.

Cloud VS Smith, the fight looked like a draw, but Smith had to go for repairs and didnt return for the period. Smiths blood was on the ice afterwards.

Tidball
03-08-2007, 11:15 AM
if u look closely, you can see which punch cut smith open. It was a left(one of his only lefts) punch towards the end of the fight, when the fights over, u can see Smith covering his face. Cloud just needs 1 good punch.

Sabes
03-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Boogaard landed 3-4 shots.(And the best punch to the jaw no doubt) But Klotz landed 10-11 shots. Id give that to Klotz. That was funny how they were clawing at eachother to begin with.

He landed 2 maybe 3 at the most, watch the video again

Tidball
03-08-2007, 11:43 PM
I showed it to a friend and he said Klotz won it, but boogey had the best shot. I know people are having a hard time believing that Klotz beat Boogaard, but he did.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Your such a homer it is unbelievable. You are totally blowing his fighting ability out of proportion! He did not beat boogey or even stoez, and those are facts, not opinions... but yet you go on and on how he is pretty much the best one in the league. I bet you if the blades and the americans traded goons(boogey for klotz), you would start going on and on about how much boogey is the best fighter in the league! I cant say I would be surprised!

Dont get me wrong, Klotz is a decent fighter, and next year, he mgiht crack the top 5(if he is still around), but he is not the top fighter in the league as of now, no matter how much you want him to be. He is maybe slightly behind lynch in terms of ranks(6th or 7th?), but thats jsut an opinion. I know that stoez isnt the top, but I know he is definitely near the top, with good reason.

Sabes
03-09-2007, 01:05 AM
I showed it to a friend and he said Klotz won it, but boogey had the best shot. I know people are having a hard time believing that Klotz beat Boogaard, but he did.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uzTXRVfm14o

No way Klotz can be named the winner here

grainbear
03-09-2007, 06:55 AM
I thought the game was hockey not WWF , yes we need to have a policeman our teams because some players will take liberties on our better players in an attemp however misguided to win but for the most part it is scoring and yes the odd good scrap that gets our mustard up. I for one could care less who wins the heavyweight championship as long as the teams play as teams and stand up and support each other in any adversity.

howley
03-09-2007, 11:55 AM
the best you could give that is a draw. No way Klotz wins, he may as well been brushing Boogie's hair with the damage that his "punches" had then Boogard unloads the bombs.

Tidball
03-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Being big into MMA i judge fights on points. say if Mike Tyson hits muhammad Ali with 5 good shots but does no damage, and ALi hits tyson with 7 weaker shots that also does no damage, the decision goes to ALI.

In this case Boogaard lands 2-3 good shots compared to about 8 of Klotz shots. Though no fighter was damaged at all, the decision goes to Klotz. I was section S during this fight, and Klotz connected with each of those 3 shots right off the bat. It was a draw after that, thus the decision goes to Klotz. I know you guys are in denial.

Boogaard has an impressive fight card. Hes only gone with Klotz once so its hard to tell whos better. Stoesz and Gauthier will not be ranked ahead of Klotz till they say "yes" Say if Mike Tyson has a title shot with ALI, and ALI refuses to show up 15 different times, Tyson i declared the winner.

Fighter of the East - KLotz
Fighter of the West - Kassian
Fighter of the WHL - Kassian

raider guy
03-09-2007, 03:51 PM
mike tyson, and muhammed ali arent in the mma...

Tidball
03-09-2007, 04:27 PM
mike tyson, and muhammed ali arent in the mma...

Yes, i know that. I was basing that on boxing points, trying to explain the easiest method for you guys.

I am big into mma, that includes all forms of martail arts.... The 1 example i used was boxing.

Bottom line though, im not gonna change my mind on who won, and im not gonna convince anyone that Klotz beat Boogey, even though the evidence is right there. I base a fight on who hit more and damage. Damage was obviously even, and Klotz obviously landed more. I guess people here base the fight on who has a more impressive fight card, and who they think threw the hardest punches. No point in argueing since Klotz won on my judging scale and it was a draw on the other judging scale. Twas a good scrap NTL and i bet people didnt expect Klotz to do that to Boogaard.

Dwight Schrute
03-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Yes, i know that. I was basing that on boxing points, trying to explain the easiest method for you guys.

I am big into mma, that includes all forms of martail arts.... The 1 example i used was boxing.

Bottom line though, im not gonna change my mind on who won, and im not gonna convince anyone that Klotz beat Boogey, even though the evidence is right there. I base a fight on who hit more and damage. Damage was obviously even, and Klotz obviously landed more. I guess people here base the fight on who has a more impressive fight card, and who they think threw the hardest punches. No point in argueing since Klotz won on my judging scale and it was a draw on the other judging scale. Twas a good scrap NTL and i bet people didnt expect Klotz to do that to Boogaard.
hey peppercarrot oh i guess its now tidball.
guess what, boogie is a experianced heavyweight with the respect of others, klotz isnt nobody has any respect for him hence the "hes a waste of my time" comment from stoesz.
guess what boogie has been in some long bouts and as anyone with an iq higher then they're age knows "in a fight you dont burn your energy throwing punches that wont do any damage" when you hit - hit with impact, not one of klotz's love taps had any weight. each post you lose respect on here, its getting ridiculous, a 70 post thread so far on your mancrush on klotz ? get over it and move on, geez

SectionNDeserter
03-09-2007, 05:56 PM
The most important thing to remember in this bicker fest, is that my Dad can beat up your Dad...

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-09-2007, 07:03 PM
The most important thing to remember in this bicker fest, is that my Dad can beat up your Dad...

My dad was one of the toughest mofos i ever knew. He was definitely a tough guy, until he got fat, now he is useless and smelly. :bounce:

Kassian
03-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Fighter of the East - KLotz
Fighter of the West - Kassian
Fighter of the WHL - Kassian

Klotz is certainly not at the top of the list in the Eastern Conference. Not only is Stoesz tougher than Klotz but so is Jason Lynch. In fact Lynch beat Klotz earlier this season.

Dwight Schrute
03-09-2007, 09:23 PM
In fact Lynch beat Klotz earlier this season.
gauthier worked him on opening night. although tidball called it a slight loss

WHEATMAN
03-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Yeo and LaRochelle alone are better than Klotz, there is nothing special about him, He is probably 3rd best in the Eastern Division...if that

Dwight Schrute
03-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Yeo and LaRochelle alone are better than Klotz, there is nothing special about him, He is probably 3rd best in the Eastern Division...if that
i duno about larochelle or klotz being as high as 3rd, but definalty"gauthier, yeo, stoesz, elder, larochelle,depape,leffler, rumsay" above klotz in the east division. the best fighters(as a group) are out west by far.
lucic, watt, boogie, kassian etc...
yes i included depape...he beat gauthier in a fight in training camp lol (they are roomates and the winner got control of the remote for the season) lol now thats funny

Kassian
03-10-2007, 04:18 AM
gauthier worked him on opening night. although tidball called it a slight loss

I don't recall that fight being too one sided but it did appear that Klotz was hanging on for the most part. That being said, I also gave Gauthier the decision in that scrap.

i duno about larochelle or klotz being as high as 3rd, but definalty"gauthier, yeo, stoesz, elder, larochelle,depape,leffler, rumsay" above klotz in the east division.

I'd still rank Klotz higher than some of those guys. Gauthier is debatable, Stoesz is definitely ahead of Klotz. Klotz is definitely a better fighter than DePape, Leffler and Rumsey however. He dropped Rumsey in a fight not too long ago.

Dwight Schrute
03-10-2007, 10:54 AM
I don't recall that fight being too one sided but it did appear that Klotz was hanging on for the most part. That being said, I also gave Gauthier the decision in that scrap.

I'd still rank Klotz higher than some of those guys. Gauthier is debatable, Stoesz is definitely ahead of Klotz. Klotz is definitely a better fighter than DePape, Leffler and Rumsey however. He dropped Rumsey in a fight not too long ago.
well i dunno how good the video was but the opening night tilt was pretty one sided i saw it live, and i thought he'd be a better fighter. depape has worked over a few guys in his time, including riley day a few times, and though he hasnt won he he hung in there with yeo a few times. leffler fought tidball last year as a 16 year old and didnt get destroyed. rumsey well he always seems ready and willing and has a nice fight card i just thought id throw him in there. now garth collins fought some heavies and klotz reminds me of him as a fighter, no skill just use's size. he aint legit

Tidball
03-11-2007, 10:32 AM
i duno about larochelle or klotz being as high as 3rd, but definalty"gauthier, yeo, stoesz, elder, larochelle,depape,leffler, rumsay" above klotz in the east division. the best fighters(as a group) are out west by far.
lucic, watt, boogie, kassian etc...
yes i included depape...he beat gauthier in a fight in training camp lol (they are roomates and the winner got control of the remote for the season) lol now thats funny

LMAO, thats gotta be the dumbest thing ive ever heard. Klotz would own Depape with his eyes closed. Both Klotz AND Ward kicked the crap out of Rumsey, not to mention Ward VS Depape was a good fight. Im not sure, but i think Klotz has beaten LaRochelle. Leffler, now you're just being a complete idiot. Elder and Gauthier are scared of KLotz. Yeo is tough but he shoulda fought Klotz instead of Cloud.

Klotz full fight card: Gauthier, Brownlee, Bendfeld, Jordan, King, Lynch, LaRochelle, Thelen, Stoesz, Louis, Stoosz, Bendfeld, Rumsey, Boogaard, Lynch.

Leffler full fight card: Elder, Pieper, Cloud, Gervais, Grantham, Busto.

Yeah Leffler is sure the better fighter haha

Depape full fight card: Louis, Barteaux, Undershute, Ward, Riech.

My God are you kidding me?

Elder full fight card: Lamereaux, Leffler, Skrudland, LaRochelle, Kerr, Flatters

Gauthier full fight card: MENEI?, Klotz, ZETARUIK?, BAILEY?, MCARDLE?, LIND?, JAQUEMET?, DWIGHT KING?, WIENS?, SCHLEMKO?, Bendfeld, McClaren, MCCRAE?, Stoesz, BHUNGAL?, TOULMIN?, Stoesz

Gauthier has a pretty piss poor fight card.

Yeo full fight card: Mappin, Dupont, Brownlee, Ofukany, Redden, Tyrell, Cloud, Lynch, Vann, Bendfeld.

Klotz EASILY has a better fight card then all of those people. Stoesz has a better fight card then KLotz, given he played in the American division. Klotz has the best fight card for anyone whos played a full season in the East. applause

Sabes
03-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Why are there question marks beside guys like McArdle, Lind, Bailey, King, Wiens and Bhungal? All these kids are pretty tough. McRae and Jaquemet both got the instigators on their fights so Gauthier didn't pick on them. Toulmin and Zetaruik are both bigger then Gauthier. The only 2 question marks are Menei and Schlemko.

As for DePape he had 17 fights last year with guys like Yeo, Day, Reich, Knudsen, Bryce, Lind.

Not saying that either of them are tougher then Klotz just making a point that they aren't push-overs.

Also even with the fight card, you get credit for just standing there holding a guys jersey, you have to put up some wins and solid draws to be a good fighter.

Knuckle Chucker
03-11-2007, 03:51 PM
What are you doing with this fight card? you have to put full fight cards not just this years . Put the whole thing, and you question mark everyone elses questionable fights but Klotz's . And by the way Vann did just as well against Lynch as Klotz did last night

Lynch owned Klotz last night. Klotz is a one-trick pony and he still can't get it right :dead:

Tidball
03-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Why are there question marks beside guys like McArdle, Lind, Bailey, King, Wiens and Bhungal? All these kids are pretty tough. McRae and Jaquemet both got the instigators on their fights so Gauthier didn't pick on them. Toulmin and Zetaruik are both bigger then Gauthier. The only 2 question marks are Menei and Schlemko.

As for DePape he had 17 fights last year with guys like Yeo, Day, Reich, Knudsen, Bryce, Lind.

Not saying that either of them are tougher then Klotz just making a point that they aren't push-overs.

Also even with the fight card, you get credit for just standing there holding a guys jersey, you have to put up some wins and solid draws to be a good fighter.

Zetaruik - 6'3 202 pounds
Gauthier - 6'3 202 pounds
Toulmin - 6'4 202 pounds

Yeah they're pretty much the same size.

Why are you saying MacArdle is tough? I guess all WHL players are tough, but when it comes to WHL standards, MacArdle is NOT tough. Bailey is not tough. Wiens isnt very tough. Bailey is 5'9and not tough.

rinkrat
03-12-2007, 03:55 PM
McArdle,laid a licking on Crowley from Everett a couple weeks ago. I didn't realize he could fight,but it was pretty one sided!
I was wondering if those two had a "history" going back to their days in the Eastern division?

Drop em' eh
03-13-2007, 01:39 PM
.. I was basing that on boxing points...

No point in argueing since he won on my judging scale.

BOXING ?? :spineyes: Hey Buddy, its hockey! What color is the sky in your world?

Don't worry, I won't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference. haha

Dwight Schrute
03-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Leffler full fight card: Elder, Pieper, Cloud, Gervais, Grantham, Busto.

Yeah Leffler is sure the better fighter haha

hey guess what..... leffler held his own last year against a certain overage unskilled goon, who never belonged in the league
the goon's name ?
brandon tidball........ haha yep so apparantly his "fight card" just improved no?

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Crowley himself is pretty tough
Yes I would agree both Troy and his brother Dane are tough,but Troy has better work ethic though,sometimes I can not believe the nonsense that goes on around here,but anywhere you go you will find it.

Dwight Schrute
03-13-2007, 07:56 PM
dane crowley's stock has been rising a lot. ever since he left the blades. he is looking like a solid d-man with nhl potential. he never appeared to have any before arriving in swift.

Blades 4 Life!
03-15-2007, 01:47 PM
I talked to Les Lazuruk(Blades Comentator) this past weekend and i finally figured out why Stoesz and Gauthier won't fight Klotz and it does make perfect sense.... Its not that the teams are not telling them to fight or they need them on the ice as much as they can but it is that they don't fight Klotz or any other 4th line heavyweight is that they know that if Klotz is out on the ice, their team has a better chance of scoring against a 4th line. Gauthier goes after the smaller and better player(mostly 1st liners) because he can get them off the game and it frustrates them and it a chance that they won't score as much and if Gauthier fights one of them, then on of the opposing teams best players is off the ice for a good amount of time.

I still believe that Klotz and Gauthier will go at it this weekend. Its the end of the season. If the Blades loss the P.A on friday then they will go at it cause then the Blades will be out of the playoffs.

I was going to take the bus up to P.A for the game but the Booster Club can't get a bus so thats kind of a bummer but hopefully the Blades can make the playoffs so i can go to Brandon.

Good luck to both teams.... May the best team win!