PDA

View Full Version : Team Defence

Sabes
02-28-2007, 09:18 PM
After the good game where they came up big a few times against the Blades especially Deckert they let in 15 goals in 2 games? What is wrong with this team? Deckert has let in 13 goals in less then 2 games.

westbeach55
03-01-2007, 09:19 AM
I don't think we would have won any of those games with aime in net our team defence is brutal right now and just not playing as a team

j dirty fan
03-01-2007, 10:44 AM
The way our d is playing we could have price in net and still get lit up like a christmas tree. It takes everyone on a team to win and I don't feel it's fair to blame the goaltender when he is being hung out to dry on 90% of the goals scored against us. I will admit that jesse has let in some soft ones lately and he hasen't looked sharp as of late but he is our guy, people need to remember what this team looked like when he got released at the start of the year and how happy everyone was when D.C. brought him back. Jesse is a 20 year old and he more than anyone wants to extend this season as long as he can, Aime's time will come as he will have many oppertunities to play in the future. Lets turn it around in regina on friday.

Five Hole
03-01-2007, 11:46 AM
I don't think anyone is suggesting it's all Jesse's fault. We've been playing pretty brutal lately, hard to imagine we're still in 4th by a few points. 2 wins in last 10 games. But 15 goals against in 2 games against those 2 teams is just stupid.
Obviously, there were a few soft ones in there. He's definitely not playing like he was a few weeks ago, but neither is the whole team. Even May was minus 4 last night!
I know these are big games, but, I still don't see the point of keeping Deckert in as long as Anholt does sometimes :confused:

j dirty fan
03-01-2007, 01:21 PM
I totally agree that aime should have started in moosejaw and pete should have let jesse rest for the game against regina. deckert always seems to play well in regina and having him rested would have been that much better.

Dwight Schrute
03-02-2007, 07:40 PM
penner had a great game against bc today , threw some big hits and set up some nice plays and even had 1 beautiful dangle. he was wearing 17 , seems like all my favorites wear 17
haha you'll never have to edit your name.