PDA

View Full Version : Fan's Opinions

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Remember this thread( http://whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=5808 )?

I guess you could call this the 2006-07 version of that. I thought it was a good idea before, and I think it is worth doing again this year.

Put whichever player from this years Regina Pats that you think deserves each award based on your opinion, hence the title. Anyone can fill in the survey from any team, so this is not some Pats fan only thing.

PS: I included Unsung Hero this time, being that it was forgotten last time.

Most Valuable Player(MVP):
Best Forward:
Best Defensive Forward:
Best Defenceman:
Best Defensive Defenceman:
Best Agitator:
Most Improved Player (from last year):
Most Improved Player (start of season to now):
Hardest Working Player:
Best Shot:
Best Passer:
Best Faceoff Man:
Best Rookie:
Most Exciting Player to Watch:
Most Surprising Player:
Most Disappointing Player:
Toughest Player:
Best Fighter:
Best Hitter/Body-checker:
Fan Favorite:
Personal Favorite:
Best Shot At The NHL:
Best Prospect:
Unsung Hero:
Biggest Achievement This Year (overall):
Biggest Disappointment This Year (overall):

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Most Valuable Player(MVP): Kyle Ross or Festerling
Best Forward: Eberle/ Saulietis(really coming along lately)
Best Defensive Forward: MacAngus or Scott
Best Defenceman: Pyett
Best Defensive Defenceman: Deck
Best Agitator: Reich
Most Improved Player (from last year): Kyle Ross
Most Improved Player (start of season to now): Festerling or Lind
Hardest Working Player: Kyle Ross
Best Shot: Eberle
Best Passer:Festerling/Pyett
Best Faceoff Man: Kyle Ross
Best Rookie(besides Eberle): Teubert
Most Exciting Player to Watch: Tommy T
Most Surprising Player: Eberle
Most Disappointing Player: Snellman
Toughest Player: Stoez
Best Fighter: Stoez
Best Hitter/Body-checker: Nick Ross(occasional big hits), Myles Stoez(consistant, hard checks)
Fan Favorite: Tommy Tartaglione, Kyle Ross
Personal Favorite: Eberle
Best Shot At The NHL: Nick Ross
Best Prospect: Jeff Bosch
Unsung Hero: Jagow
Biggest Achievement This Year (overall): We seemed to have learned how to play on the road. Ever since the Trade deadline, we have been competing really well on our away games, playing like we would at a home game. Good to see more consistancy.
Biggest Disappointment This Year (overall): The Ryan Mcdonald trade kind of sucked for us, being that he is lighting it up in PA now. I like to think that he would not have done the same if he was still here, but he is probably PA's top offensive weapon now. Elder is sure something though....also the injuries hampering the development of Snellman. We might have to trade him off to a less competitive team next year being that he probably wont get much ice time here next year. It would benefit both teams, and we could pick up another euro.

patsrock83
03-01-2007, 03:38 AM
Most Valuable Player(MVP):lind ha ha k.Ross
Best Forward:K.Ross
Best Defensive Forward:Leffler
Best Defenceman: pyett or ross
Best Defensive Defenceman: Deck
Best Agitator: Reich
Most Improved Player (from last year):Leffler
Most Improved Player (start of season to now):N.Ross
Hardest Working Player:Eberle
Best Shot:Pyett
Best Passer:K.Ross
Best Faceoff Man:
Best Rookie:Eberle
Most Exciting Player to Watch:Kasper S
Most Surprising Player:Tommy T.
Most Disappointing Player:Lind hes brutal
Toughest Player:Leffler
Best Fighter:Stoez
Best Hitter/Body-checker:Stoez
Fan Favorite:Tommy T
Personal Favorite:Leffler
Best Shot At The NHL:N.Ross and Rowatt
Best Prospect:Eberle
Unsung Hero:Jagow
Biggest Achievement This Year (overall):no Clue
Biggest Disappointment This Year (overall):KYLE DECK!!!!!(prob makes no since i picked him as best Defensive Dman but its only because lately he been playing well and i dont wanna Pick Freipont)

nivek_wahs
03-01-2007, 05:23 AM
Most Valuable Player(MVP): Kyle Ross (Gives his all game in and game out)

Best Forward: Kyle Ross (always consistent)

Best Defensive Forward: Brett Leffler (plays in all situations, not afraid to put the body on the line to block shots)

Best Defenceman: Logan Pyett (one of the top scoring d-men in the WHL)

Best Defensive Defenceman: Kyle Deck (been playing like an all-star since the trade deadline)

Best Agitator: Mike Reich (seems like every opponent despises him)

Most Improved Player (from last year): Linden Rowat (seemed to take time for him to get used to the starters role and now is the go to guy and has been outstanding)

Most Improved Player (start of season to now): Levi Lind (waaaay better than at the start of the season)

Hardest Working Player: Kyle Ross/Brett Leffler (hardly ever see them take a shift off)

Best Shot: Logan Pyett (when/if he uses it... wow he has a bullet)

Best Passer: Logan Pyett/Garrett Festerling (both can pass like champs)

Best Faceoff Man: Kyle Ross (hard decision here... wins alot of faceoffs)

Best Rookie: Jordan Eberle (no contest... 20+ goals for a 16 year old... incredible)

Most Exciting Player to Watch: Jordan Eberle (the new "darling of the 'dome")/Kaspars Saulietis (finally!)

Most Surprising Player: Jordan Eberle (didn't expect this out of him... an unexpected treat)

Most Disappointing Player: Niko Snellman (sorry Niko but man maybe the expectatons were too high for him coming in)

Toughest Player: Brett Leffler (tough as nails)

Best Fighter: Myles Stoesz (a true "heavy")

Best Hitter/Body-checker: Nick Ross/Craig Schira/Brett Leffler (all hit hard)

Fan Favorite: Tommy Tartaglione (brings a whole new meaning to "unorthodox")

Personal Favorite: Brett Leffler/Jared Jagow (both work hard and get little credit for their effort)

Best Shot At The NHL: Nick Ross/Linden Rowat (both possible 1st/2nd rounders)

Best Prospect: Jeff Bosch, Curtis Kulchar, Brent Raedeke, Matt Strueby [maybe] (Bosch is probably #1 prospect and will be a starter in the WHL)

Unsung Hero: Jared Jagow (seems to play whatever role is asked of him and does it good)

Biggest Achievement This Year (overall): Nothing's been achieved... yet. There was so much talk about going for first place I think the team lost focus. Clinch a playoff spot and then go from there.

Biggest Disappointment This Year (overall): Hmmm... pinpointing to one aspect is kinda difficult... I hate getting down on the team but I would have to say our inability to win on the road has hampered us this year (especially in AB... ouch). The teams inconsistency (not so much now but before Christmas it was hard watching the team play some nights.

Bran
03-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Most Valuable Player(MVP): Kyle Ross
Best Forward: Lately...Kaspars Sauleties (He's got some mad puckhandling skills...I like seing him rewarded with a goal now and then! Hah, ship you home, what a thought!)
Best Defensive Forward: Brett Leffler
Best Defenceman: Nick Ross
Best Defensive Defenceman: Kyle Deck
Best Agitator: Mike Reich (hah, that guy's NUTS...I love it!! It probably agitates guys just knowing he's on the ice.)
Most Improved Player (from last year): Brett Leffler
Most Improved Player (start of season to now): Levi Lind
Hardest Working Player: Kyle Ross/Linden Rowat
Best Shot: Logan Pyett
Best Passer: Garrett Festerling
Best Faceoff Man: Kyle Ross/Garrett Festerling
Best Rookie: Jordan Eberle
Most Exciting Player to Watch: Jordan Eberle
Most Surprising Player: Tommy Tartaglione (I wasn't sure how his "style", if you can call it that, would hinder his ability to play well. For the most part, it really hasn't.)
Most Disappointing Player: Niko Snellman (That's not really fair, either...he was really starting to come into his own when he got hurt and he hasn't had much of a chance to get back there.)
Toughest Player: Brett Leffler
Best Fighter: Myles Stoesz
Best Hitter/Body-checker: Craig Schira/Nick Ross (I'd throw Stoesz in there too, not huge hits, but hits hard consistently)
Fan Favorite: Tommy T or Kyle Ross
Personal Favorite: Linden Rowat/Kyle Deck (A lot of people really have a hate on for this guy, and maybe it's just me, but I don't get it.)
Best Shot At The NHL: Nick Ross/Linden Rowat
Best Prospect: Jeff Bosch
Unsung Hero: Jared Jagow
Biggest Achievement This Year (overall): I don't know...I really like this team, though. (Most of the time!) :)
Biggest Disappointment This Year (overall): Do the anthem girls count? Seriously, though...Inconsistency...for the most part, that's not a huge problem anymore. They've just got to stay focused.

I had to edit to add to the toughest player category:
It's obvious why I put Leffler here, but there are a lot of tough guys on this team...Sauleties, for example, takes tons of huge hits and it doesn't even phase him. He's like a whack-a-mole, knock him down and he just pops right back up! I think it was N. Ross last night, who blocked a shot which hit his upper body somewhere. He was in obvious pain, but kept on going.