PDA

View Full Version : Milan WHO?

Soundy
03-01-2007, 01:30 AM
So I hear his name pronounced about a dozen different ways. Joey Kenward always says it as "LOO-cheech". To Bill Wilms it's "LUKE-itch". Kinda weird to have the broadcast tandem constantly pronouncing it differently.

Anyone have the DEFINITIVE answer on the appropriate pronunciation of "Lucic"?

langdak
03-01-2007, 01:46 AM
Add Don Hay's version to the mix "loo-sick"

If i am not mistaken it is "loo-cheech"

dj-kris
03-01-2007, 01:49 AM
And when he played in coquitlam bchl they announced him as loo kick

Kassian
03-01-2007, 03:08 AM
Joey Kenward always says it as "LOO-cheech".

This would be the correct way.

SectionNDeserter
03-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Add Don Hay's version to the mix "loo-sick"I went to school with a guy whose last name was spelled the same, and that is how he pronounced it.

GF71
03-01-2007, 09:12 AM
So I hear his name pronounced about a dozen different ways. Joey Kenward always says it as "LOO-cheech". To Bill Wilms it's "LUKE-itch". Kinda weird to have the broadcast tandem constantly pronouncing it differently.

Anyone have the DEFINITIVE answer on the appropriate pronunciation of "Lucic"?

Joey is correct...it is LOO-CHEECH :thumb:
He gave up trying to correct everybody last year lol

SectionNDeserter
03-01-2007, 06:02 PM
I asked a friend of mine who is from the Czech republic, and he said that there it would be pronounced 'LOO-sheech'.

langdak
03-01-2007, 06:38 PM
I asked a friend of mine who is from the Czech republic, and he said that there it would be pronounced 'LOO-sheech'.

Thats interesting.

Milan is actually Serbian for those who weren't aware of it.

dondo
03-01-2007, 08:08 PM
according to the media guide's pronunciation tips .. its Loo-sick, but I have heard more Loo-keech, and Loo-seech

I tend to call him Loo-keech -- but officially its Loo-sick -- also Hayzers way of saying Michal's name cracks me up .. RI-pik

rinkrat
03-01-2007, 08:12 PM
We should all be chanting "LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCH" when he scores or fights,just like we did for Passaglia.LOL
Some people in my section have been doing that already!

Bran
03-01-2007, 08:23 PM
That's kind of hard to say! A little akward.

Soundy
03-01-2007, 08:48 PM
We should all be chanting "LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCH" when he scores or fights,just like we did for Passaglia.LOL
Some people in my section have been doing that already!

People are already doing the "LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" call for Luongo... it's nice to have a goaltender worth chanting for again, but LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO will always be Passaglia in this town.

Knuckles Muldoon
03-01-2007, 09:24 PM
The proper pronunciation is 'Big Lui'.

giants_girl
03-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Its pronounced "Loo-cheech"
I know because I'm Serbian descent, my parents are very good friends with Lucic and his parents/brothers, and my lastname is 2 letters different from Lucic's.
So yeah, thats how its pronounced.