PDA

View Full Version : The Weekend Thread

howley
03-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Brandon Tonight
Regina Tommorrow
then in Regina Sunday.

In my mind the Blades nailed their own coffin shut on Wednesday when they picked up a D- in the effort category. But if that game wasn't sealing the coffin, this weekend will be if they don't come out with atleast 4 pts and hope that PA/swift/MJ all stumble abit. Won't be at the game tonight. Someone mind posting a recap after the game?

howley
03-02-2007, 09:52 PM
4-0 ugh. Regina and MH did us a favor, Blades don't take advantage. 2 games in a row with no goals. Only 43 shots total. Starting to look like the Oilers. Hah, I see on the game sheet Gillies picked up 2 checking from behind minors. That is 4 in three games I beleive. What were the hits like? Anyone hurt, etc. Looking for a recap on the entire game. Did they look as bad in the 2nd and 3rd as the score sheet says?

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-03-2007, 12:33 AM
The Blades played well in the 1st period and VERY small parts of the 2nd and 3rd,the Wheat Kings shut them down. We all knew that this game would be a tough one to win.

That seems to be the pattern with the Blades they start out strong and don't seem to finish. I am still hoping and have confidence in the Blades that they can win some more games.

I will probably not be at the game today,but hopefully I will be in Regina to see the rematch of the home and home with the Pats on Sunday.

Shortys
03-03-2007, 11:20 AM
4-0 ugh. Regina and MH did us a favor, Blades don't take advantage. 2 games in a row with no goals. Only 43 shots total. Starting to look like the Oilers. Hah, I see on the game sheet Gillies picked up 2 checking from behind minors. That is 4 in three games I beleive. What were the hits like? Anyone hurt, etc. Looking for a recap on the entire game. Did they look as bad in the 2nd and 3rd as the score sheet says?

Gillies checking from behind, first one bad call second good call, no one was hurt.The first one was a good clean hit from my viewing range, the second was pretty obvious. He needs to be careful, cause we need him on the ice, not in the box or out of the game. They just could not get any clean passes, and most of their shots misses the net or were blocked. Hulak had a couple cross crease pass chances and blew em. Another game where the bounces were against us. The wheaties were all over us, capitalizing on our every mistake. Another non stellar night from Holtby. He looked frustrated out there and not in tune whatsoever, but also our defence left him wide open for masacre.
Unless we turn the switch on tonight and tomorrow, I dont think that the playoffs will happen. Come on guys, flip the switch! nhl3

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-03-2007, 01:20 PM
hopefully they can pull out two wins(from wherever,PLEASE JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Only 4 points now,and they have to start now,and win all of the remaining games. I will be there tonight and cheering them to victory.