PDA

View Full Version : Raiders vs Hurricanes

Drop em' eh
03-03-2007, 11:30 AM
OK, I'm hopin' for a win tonight so we can talk about something other than fighting!

I'm guessing Deckert should be back in net, I hope he's rested and ready, we really need a great game from him in order to have a shot at winning tonight. A few key saves from him could be the difference between a win vs a loss, and could help the boys get some confidence back.

One step at a time boys, lets start with a good game tonight.

Five Hole
03-03-2007, 12:32 PM
We need better D and 'tending, for sure. After these last 3 blowouts, there's only one team in the whole league that has more goals against! That's brutal :mad:
I figure either the Blades or the Warriors are gonna win a game one of these days, so if we intend to keep ahead of them, maybe we better beat 'em to it :D
We're all playing like we don't really want that last spot! C'mon Raiders - step it up! We're letting Swift get comfortable in third, and they're not doing much to deserve it, either!

zinger
03-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Gonna miss the game on live stream tonite, look forward to reading everyones comments / analysis of the game later tonite.

GO RAIDERS GO !! nhl

Five Hole
03-03-2007, 10:01 PM
We finally get a win! Down 2-0, and 3-1.... 3 goal comeback including the winner with 40 seconds left. Way to go, boys!
And, good timing too, seeing Blades won in a shootout tonight against Regina.
Looks like MJ gonna lose, and Swift is gonna win, so we don't gain ground on them.... but still nice to get the win.

Five Hole
03-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Uhm, I know Drop em' was hoping we could talk about something other than the fighting for a change, but.... what was Craige thinking going after Vann after Vann levelled Bailey with that big hit? It looked like a clean hit to me, kudo's to Craige for stepping up, but tough initiation into the fight scene for him.. and he got the instigator...total of 17 minutes.. sheesh, that's about a minute for every punch Vann landed Boogaard'd

raider guy
03-03-2007, 10:43 PM
haha it was a good game, but how about the guy winning the truck wow

canes77
03-03-2007, 10:54 PM
How bad was the fight with Craige and Vann? Hmm craige is the last guy i would ever think to instigate a fight...Thanks!

Drop em' eh
03-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Well its nice to see the Raiders get the win at home, and keep the playoff hunt alive. I guess Deckert stopped enough pucks to give the team a chance to win.

Now we have something to talk about other than fighting, but.... Vann's hit and ensuing fight were both great, he really smoked both those guys! The Kerr fight, not too much happened there, but 3 fights in 2 nights for Vann, and 15 on the year.

Good win Raiders !! dancing pi

Knuckle Chucker
03-04-2007, 09:05 AM
vann hammered a guy , probably a charge . then craig jumped vann instantly and started throwing punches. and then eatting punches I would guess he ate at least 15 solid shots. vann and Kerr had a decent fight probably a draw until kerr got the takedown. but kerr knew he was in trouble because vann got his right free and then kerr knew it would be a good time to get a takedown victory

How about all of the uppercuts Vann tossed. I have never seen so many uppercuts in a hockey fight. I bet 95% of his punches came from underneath. Best fight(beating) of the year!

zinger
03-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Yah he sure did throw quite a few uppercuts on Craig! He did the same to Letts and Graf, those 3 fights were beauties for Vann, Best fight of the year? You mean for Vann, or ...? All 3 of the fights (beatings) i mentioned are equal.

p.s. - the avatar is Letts after he fought Vann.