PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Everett

Beaner
03-04-2007, 12:39 AM
On clinching 1st place in the Western Conference tonight.

Highlander_Yank
03-04-2007, 01:20 AM
Tonight the Tips deserved it. If they'd clinched it last night on an ugly loss, it would have been close to meaningless.

I'm gonna get on my soapbox for a minute and talk some :turkey: ... congrats to the Spokane Chiefs for their effort tonight, not speaking sarcastically at all. They spent the lion's share of the game down 2-0, yet they never let up and never mentally checked out of the game. :thumb: To be honest, the Chiefs played with more passion, heart, intensity, and motivation than I've seen out of the Tips in recent weeks even when they were up by two or more goals.

When KC looks for ways to keep the guys motivated, he could do a lot worse than to point out the Chiefs' play tonight as an example to emulate.

</soapbox>

Rooselk
03-04-2007, 01:25 AM
Couldn't agree more. Spokane played a good game.

giants_girl
03-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Not taking anything away from Everett, i mean they've had a great season, but doesn't the "y" mean you've clinched the division title not the Conference. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a team Western Conference Champions when they win the Western Conference finals in the playoffs?
Just really confused by it?

Beaner
03-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Not taking anything away from Everett, i mean they've had a great season, but doesn't the "y" mean you've clinched the division title not the Conference. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a team Western Conference Champions when they win the Western Conference finals in the playoffs?
Just really confused by it?

Yes. The "y" does mean that.

However they currently have 105 points and the max the Giants can now get is 104, so Everett has clinched 1st in the West Conference and Home ice for the first 3 rounds of the playoffs, if they make it that far. ;)

I was just congratulating them on getting first in the West, not on being declared West Champions. I agree with you about the West Champion thing, we wont know who that team is till late April. :)

giants_girl
03-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Alright the makes sense. And good job on a great season Silvertips!