PDA

View Full Version : Last 3 games

Tinner
03-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Not seeing to much action on the forum, I have to think that nobody is going to the games, the last 3 anyhow. Wasn't at last nights, but went to the other 2 snoozers. By the looks of the score, the Rebs must have played a bit better. Amazinly, reading the paper on the Ktn game, I'm sure Meachem was watching a different game than I was. Aside from 27 Sutter, it was a brutal effort put forth by a team trying to secure a playoff spot. After leaving the rink after the second period, along with many other disgusted fans, some of the comments being made were quite intersting, but very similar in content. "Are the boys tuning out the coach", or "it looks like the boys are just trying to get the season over with".

Anyway, why do we play so bad some nights and good to so good, others? On another note, I noticed HANZEL and STARKOV weren't on the same line for the Ktn. game.......how bout the MH game. Personally, those 2 need and should be playing together as they provide scoring chances every shift and by splitting them, the team is not as good. Put that line back together and put Hanzel back as the "puck handler" forward on the pp. When he plays the point, we lose the low puck control around the net and his ability to find the open man. Make more use of his skills and talent, he makes everyone around him better players.

SectionNDeserter
03-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Anyway, why do we play so bad some nights and good to so good, others?It comes down to a handful of players not putting 100% (or in some cases even 50%) effort one game, and then 110% the next night. Despite the fact that I still hold my breath every time the puck hits the guy's stick, I thought that Egener was brilliant last night, and with the exeption of Lamoureux for the entire game and Henry in overtime, our defensemen were solid throughout the game--It was a shame that the players didn't get to decide the outcome of the game....

On another note, I noticed HANZEL and STARKOV weren't on the same line for the Ktn. game.......how bout the MH game. Personally, those 2 need and should be playing together as they provide scoring chances every shift and by splitting them, the team is not as good.They started the game on the same line, but were on different lines throughout a good chunk of the game. I agree though, they are our two biggest threats out there, and putting them together makes it that much harder to shadow them.

Put that line back together and put Hanzel back as the "puck handler" forward on the pp. When he plays the point, we lose the low puck control around the net and his ability to find the open man. Make more use of his skills and talent, he makes everyone around him better players.Brandon Sutter is normally back there, but has looked completely lost in every position he has been in of late (he has spent time on the 2nd line and 3rd line in the last 3 games). Someone has to go back there, and aside from tacking another 6 or 7 minutes onto Henry's TOI, or even more frightening, putting Lamoureux or Lynch back there, I think Hanzal looks like the next best option.

mapletoft
03-04-2007, 06:44 PM
What gets me is that in most of the games as of late only half of the team is playing at a 100%. Then in the next game other guys are at 100% and the previous 100% guys are not. Brett Sutter had a strong game against the Ice and against the Hat he was brutal - giveaways and constant bad passes. Egener plays a great game against the Hat after several sub-par performances. Hanzal was awesome last night after a not-so great game against the Ice. With Henry its different altogether - he is dominant on one shift and brutal on the next. Our only constants in the last while have been Starkov, Doucet and Reimer.

I can't wait to see how they play in the playoffs - will the whole team show up?

hockey4
03-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Full marks to Brent Sutter for messing with the team chemistry half way through the season. The chemistry was good until he made the trades. His ability to destroy the confidence of players also plays a huge factor. He gets full marks for that one too.
Again the team was out coached against the Hat. Willy out linematched the Rebels again (needless to say in their own building again also).
Its funny that even the pbp guys on shaw mentioned how the Rebels gap control against the opponents pp dmen is way to much. Somebody needs to pressure them at some point.
I think the players are fed up of being ripped a new arse hole everytime they come off the ice without being given any direction on how to correct the errors.

I sometimes wonder if you watch the games, or you just have a bad life at home and need someone to vent about. We were outcoached by the hat? If you ask me, we outcoached them, and all it took was a bad call and an unfortunate bounce for them to win in overtime. And exactly what chemistry did we have before the trades. Please tell me. Leblanc did nothing here and hes doing nothing there. Knackstedt did nothing here, and he has managed to use the new change of scnerey to his advantage. We actually beat the hat last week, almost beat them in the hat, play to bad games, then play a great game against the hat again last night, and suddenly you want to complain. When was the last time you gave this team cudos for there affort. Remember it was only 7 days ago we won for straight, but your nowhere to be found. Take you grudge against sutter and shove it up your ^^^ because im tired of hearing about it, and im sure a few more on this board are too.

Red celtic
03-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Longtime fan I have been reading your posts for quite a while and yes it does seem like you have a grudge against
Sutter maybe it's hockey envey I don't know. What I do know is that it is getting old. If you are unhappy with the state of the team don't renew your tickets show the management your displeasure by not supporting this team. Anyway I am sure that you will pleasure us with another tirade I won't know because I won't be reading your posts any longer. Have a nice day.

hockey4
03-05-2007, 12:47 AM
Do you know what team chemistry is. Thats when players gel together and work well together. Since xmas it has been hit and miss. Yes I know that Hanzal left for the worlds and everything went sour. I don't think there is one team out there that can rely on a one player to make or break a team. At one point a couple players rose to the occasion and that was the end of it. The consistency seen from each player out there is like a rollercoaster. When you go around splitting your players into good and bad and continue to tell them that, it starts to become believable to the player.
I have listened to many interviews from other team leaders. Every player loves going to their rinks because the staff make it enjoyable.
By the way if what I say makes you think I have major issues with Sutter, does that mean by what you say people can say that you are a Sutter worshipper. No matter what he does it easy to kiss some butt and must make you in pretty tight with him.
Its really easy to make assumptions isn't it.
Just wondering, do you know any players personally or do you just go by what you hear.

Like i have stated on here many times before, i know many of the billet families, and i trust what they say is true. And yes i do know what chemistry is, and like i stated before, we didnt trade away players that were the center of any "chemistry", look and both players stats here before they left. In my opinion, this team has been winning games without Hanzal, because he hasnt been that good, so your "relying on one player" comment doesnt really have much merit. And my opinion on sutter, i have a hard time agruing with somebody's whose junior hockey credentials are through the roof with success, both of and on the ice. YEs he is a hard-ass, and yes some kids may hate him right now, but they will thank him down the road because they will be stronger persons, not physically, but emotionally and mentally. Theres a lot stronger case for sutter supporters, than for sutter-haters. And if you still have problems understanding, look at the players that have graduated from here, and i highly doubt they have many negative thoughts of red deer.

"I have listened to many interviews from other team leaders. Every player loves going to their rinks because the staff make it enjoyable"

YEs these players HATE it in Red Deer, the rink is crap, the fans are crap, the coach knows nothing. Listening to interviews from other team leaders involves very little truth and merit, because i have never heard a player cut down his team in the media. Your problem is you only talk on here when times are bad, because if fuels your personal grudge. When was the last time you commented on the team. huh.

Rebel66
03-05-2007, 03:14 AM
The penalty the Hanzal took in OT was definetly a penalty. If you have access to the webcast it shows the interference quite clearly.

I would agree with you except that both refs had been letting everything go, including lots of interference, in the third period. Why the change in overtime? That's what bugs the heck out of me.

Personally I thought that the Rebels played a heck of a game against the Hat and probably deserved a better fate. They dominated the game for two of the three periods. One thing is for sure the Tigers know that they will in for a difficult series against this team.

You know it really does seem like you have a personal vendetta against Sutter, longtimefan. Did he cut your son or relative perhaps? There are two of you on this site that seem to have something against him more than being a 'normal' fan. It's funny but you sound like the same person at times! (Although I'm sure you're not)

I get frustrated watching this team at times but you would never find me leaving the game part way through. It always annoys me when I see fans doing that. Sure you've paid your money and all that but I believe if you're a true fan you follow and support the team and players through thick and thin. Sometimes I wonder why some people bother to 'support' the team as it seems to be more trouble than it's worth for them.

SectionNDeserter
03-05-2007, 08:05 AM
I find it frustrating to see the Pighin's, Betts, Kozyra's, not developing as much as the first half.Betts has a style of play that is conducive to taking a lot of penalties, he needs to get a handle on that before he sees a regular shift. Pighin is an 18 year old rookie, and is nearly 19 if not already (ie: he is a piece of the puzzle, but will probably never be a crucial part of the puzzle before he is done in the WHL). The book on Kozyra is that he was projected to develop into a mobile, puck moving defenseman (because of his speed). I don't believe he has developed into this as well as many thought he would since he was drafted, and is simply a victim of the deal that brought Wray and Morin over. His speed does however "keep him in the game", and he has plenty of time to adapt to a new role.

I realize the second half of the season becomes more intense, but it would be nice to see him switch up the players sitting in the press box on a per game basis for their development.I would like to see more of Scarborough too, he plays with an edge, and is very physically strong for a 16 year old.

I like to see a good game the same as anybody else, depth is huge in playoffs and my personal opinion is I don't think there are enough developed young players to pull through right now if asked upon.I don't have any lofty expectations of the team in the playoffs. They had some, but not all of the components of a championship team at the start of the season, and they didn't acquire the missing ones prior to the trade deadline. If and when they are eliminated from the playoffs, I don't think it will have much to do with the depth of their 3rd and 4th liners.

hockey4
03-05-2007, 08:21 AM
I think Kanckstedt was a little tougher though. The LeBlanc trade just started showing that maybe it was to the good. Time will tell. No matter what team or what players are moved, it takes time to gel again with new players. This doesn't happen over night. Again in my opinion I think it took the funk out of the Rebels game for some reason. When that happens the coaches aren't happy with the results so in turn are extremely hard on the players to get things going again. Some of these players are still young and its not as easy for them just to toss out one player and bring another one in without batting an eye. I am sure they will learn to deal with it easier as time goes on. Remeber this is a DEVELOPMENTAL league. Some things are easier for some than others. Put yourself in their place at 17 or 18 years old with all the above happening at once. Can seem pretty overwhelming, but they do eventually deal with it.

In regards to the line matching comment. When you have close to 40 shots thrown on your tender its saying the players that are to be shutting down certain lines are struggling to do so. In the first period it seemed to be working well. Then the lines were switched up and the Rebels were having a hard time containing the Hat with shots. In the second period Vandermeer and Brett Sutter only seem a couple of shifts because the Hats coach read into the first period play to see that they were causing alot of damage. So in the second period the Hat hardly played their second line who Brett and Ted were on against to allow the momentum to swing their way. This allowed them to dictate who the Rebels played.
The penalties can't really be considered a factor as the Hat only had one more pp than the Rebels during regualtion time.
The penalty the Hanzal took in OT was definetly a penalty. If you have access to the webcast it shows the interference quite clearly. With Henry, well that stuff will happen after a long hard fought game with fatique wearing on you.

Doucet has more points in his last 7 games than Leblanc has in his whole tenure as a Raider, so time HAS told, and we got the better of that trade. And Wray is definatly more physical than Knackstedt was.

You also have to remember, brett has just come back from injury, he could have seen sore, and therefore sutter had to switch up lines. Theres no point even bringing up the outcoached argument, becasue the shots were not indicative of the play. We were all over them in the third, and by looking at there lineup, being able to control large amounts of time in critical points in the games means we outcoached them. I was watching Calgary play edmonton the other night, Calgary was winning, but playfair still shook up the lines. Thats why coaches do it, to throw off the other coach, its not always a bad thing.

SWANSKI
03-05-2007, 11:04 AM
YOU guys are funny. you talk about sutter, the players, the billet families etc. The only people that really matter are the players and coaches. if any of you know the players getting a player to say anything is against what players do. They dont tell people about what goes on in the inner circle dressing room. That is sacred to them and their business along with Mr. Sutters so in sying we know billet families, a player or two holds no merit. Ouer games on the weekend were not that bad. Kootenays goalie was better than ours, their d was much better and their forwards scored and we didnt. All in all a combination of events leading to a loss. The Mh game was great, reimer didnt have to be spectacular, the D was average and we scored and generated chances that could very easily led to a win. The Ot was unfortunate but thats hockey. Get behind the Club as it looks like we get MH. Our last few games against the hat have been very close to even, and we should have a chance to do some damage in the Playoffs. Yes our goalie has to be good, the D have to play with energy and Discipline and the forwards all have to be at the top of their game and yes thats what playoffs are made of. Look at the 05-06 oilers, squeak in , ride a hot goalie, score some goals and the rest is history Go Rebs.

Shinyshoes
03-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Most of my feelings have been spoken already by others already, so rather than start you on another rant, longtimefan7, i will just say this:
Chemistry is a hard thing to find, so usually once its there you try not to mess with it. If you want chemistry, i dont think you have to look farther than the Wray, Pieper, Doucet line. They have been playing EXTREEMLY well together, hence the reason they continue to get most of their shifts together. I think the line juggling on the first 2 lines has more to do with the inconsitancies already pointed out by SND. I cant understand why you disagree with Sutters decision to juggle the lines when some of those forwards were having a below average game. Unless you want to continue to play players who are not having a good game, juggling is the only option.

BTW, Can you clarify something for me? What is actually the basis of your displeasure? I think I have heard you say all of the below in this thread alone......
Is it:
a) Sutter is juggling the lines too much, and trading too much, preventing chemistry
b) Sutter isnt juggling the lines enough, or trading enough, so our depth is not developing and we dont have any new help for the playoffs.
c) Sutter yells to much, especially after a mistake, and the players cant handle the yelling
d) Sutter Doesnt yell enough, and the players dont know what they are doing wrong.

Perhaps to help sway your comments, I will leave you with a quote from Adam Dombrowski, Who played under sutter from 98 to 2001, and then went on to play for the U of C Dinos that really puts Sutter's coaching style into prospective. "Playing for Brent Sutter worst 3 years of my life, but he made me a much better hockey player"

SectionNDeserter
03-05-2007, 07:56 PM
And Wray is definatly more physical than Knackstedt was.I would easily take Morin for Knackstedt alone based on what I have seen so far--he looks a lot like Derek Meech did at 17. The fact that we got a serviceable checking forward (point production or not) with some good speed is just a bonus in my opinion. If Morin continues to develop as he has, I would go so far as to say that we fleeced Moose Jaw in that deal.

hockey4
03-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Shinyshoes...You are absolutely right, the third line did play well together the other night, but to say they have created chemistry in that short period..well lets give them a few more games together before the jury can make a final decision. It wasn't that long ago that Doucet was playing first and second line due to injuries and suspensions. But good on them for making it work.

In regards to juggling the lines...if things aren't working you need to move players up and down to make thing work. This usually means more than one player floating from first to third and back to second. If you concluded that my statement about one line no getting alot of shifts in the second because the Hat picked up on their ability to shut them down as juggling the lines, then it was interpreted wrong.

Secondly I don't think I have every made a statement anywhere that Sutter needs to yell more. What I did say was give the players direction on what could have been done...maybe in a normal tone of voice.

With all that said the quote that you supplied me is no doubt very true for HIM, but again like everything else in life not for everybody.

Im a firm believer that talking in a fair and calm tone all the time does not work with youth today. I think you start by talking fair, but if things still go bad, then all the power to you to yell. You definetly have to let kids know who is boss. Sutter hs played under some not bad coaches if i can remember, so i think he knows through experience what is the best approach for reaching players.

Shinyshoes
03-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Shinyshoes...You are absolutely right, the third line did play well together the other night, but to say they have created chemistry in that short period..well lets give them a few more games together before the jury can make a final decision. I will freely admit that i do not follow the lines as closely as some on this board do, but Pieper Wray Doucet has been fairly constant over the last 2 weeks. Tiny, I know you keep track of stuff like that, perhaps you can help me out with some more precise stats.

tiny
03-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Shiney, thanks for asking. I have been waiting for something to get me involved again.

A few observations from where I sit (last 7 games):

Let's start by saying I have hope now that I have seen the play in 5 of the last 7 home games. I have bought my playoff tickets too.

1. The line you were complimenting have drawn a tremendous amount of penalties compared to the ones they are taking even taking into account Pieper getting called often for what appear to be clean BUT hard checks. They spend a great deal of time in the opposition end as well. (PP time warranted??)
2. We win only about 1/3 of the faceoffs in the game. That disturbs me greatly. Wray and Hanzal only ones +. (Ted does quite well on his few chances)
3. Reimer has made some outstanding saves but has had a few lapses with odd angle shots and giving rebounds on what appear to be ordinary shots. He seems to need a new handle on his stick lately too. LOL
4. Giveaways in the offensive zone appear to be when we overpass or try to stickhandle through a player instead of quick passes and screened shots.
5. Brandon, Morin, Doucett, Pieper, Starkov, Wray have had several open opportunities in these games. (Holding the sticks too tight??)
6. I would like to see a heavyweight in front of the net on the powerplay and some old time Smith goals With the heavyweight in front of the net, maybe some of the puckhandlers might be given a little more room.
7. some of our players looked ill, injured, or very tired in a recent game. I know of some (3) of the injuries but am not sure of others.
8. Our PK has done quite well in 5 of the last 7 games. VERY WELL in two of those games.
9. We were outshot in a couple of games lately PARTLY because we a giving up chances to shoot and passing instead. (But I still hate to hear fans yell shoot all the time) Our D on the powerplay are not shooting into the shin pads of the forwards of the opposition nearly as much.
10. If Calgary can win in a shoot-out, Rebels can.
11. We had more fan involvement in the last Med Hat game than we have had in a long time. (I know I was a little heated with the overtime.) Med Hat CAN BE HAD!! How can the announcer, the mascot, section N, get more people being NOISY. It is my opinion that louder music won't do it.
12. Sutter does yell and criticize more that I would BUT THEN I have never coached at that level. AND I am not preparing players for coaches like some of the ones in the NHL.
13. Longtimefan and one other fan appear to have an axe to grind that is personal (relative, billet??) Did he see Meech, Woywitka, Lynch, Vandermeer, ... when they were young D men in Red Deer. I don't feel Morin deserves all the criticism he has received. I know almost all regular posters and would like to have the pleasure of meeting longtimefan too.
14. Many empty seats in the Centrium lately. Good Weather Fans??
15. Section N is still the best section in the Centrium.
16. I still love to hear the opinions of Rebel 66, Shineyshoes, Red Celtic, ... and some of the old timers on the site.
17. Two officials have appeared to set out to prove they are not intimidated by Sutter as some opposition fans have stated. LOLOLOL
18. I still love the icecream.
19. Still great, inexpensive entertainment.

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-06-2007, 07:04 PM
If it is better then the ice cream they sell here in Saskatoon,I will definatly have to try some when I am at the game on saturday,oh and buy the hockey cards and game day program too,maybe there is somthing else that someone can suggest?(food that is really good)

hockey4
03-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Shiney, thanks for asking. I have been waiting for something to get me involved again.

A few observations from where I sit (last 7 games):

Let's start by saying I have hope now that I have seen the play in 5 of the last 7 home games. I have bought my playoff tickets too.

1. The line you were complimenting have drawn a tremendous amount of penalties compared to the ones they are taking even taking into account Pieper getting called often for what appear to be clean BUT hard checks. They spend a great deal of time in the opposition end as well. (PP time warranted??)
2. We win only about 1/3 of the faceoffs in the game. That disturbs me greatly. Wray and Hanzal only ones +. (Ted does quite well on his few chances)
3. Reimer has made some outstanding saves but has had a few lapses with odd angle shots and giving rebounds on what appear to be ordinary shots. He seems to need a new handle on his stick lately too. LOL
4. Giveaways in the offensive zone appear to be when we overpass or try to stickhandle through a player instead of quick passes and screened shots.
5. Brandon, Morin, Doucett, Pieper, Starkov, Wray have had several open opportunities in these games. (Holding the sticks too tight??)
6. I would like to see a heavyweight in front of the net on the powerplay and some old time Smith goals With the heavyweight in front of the net, maybe some of the puckhandlers might be given a little more room.
7. some of our players looked ill, injured, or very tired in a recent game. I know of some (3) of the injuries but am not sure of others.
8. Our PK has done quite well in 5 of the last 7 games. VERY WELL in two of those games.
9. We were outshot in a couple of games lately PARTLY because we a giving up chances to shoot and passing instead. (But I still hate to hear fans yell shoot all the time) Our D on the powerplay are not shooting into the shin pads of the forwards of the opposition nearly as much.
10. If Calgary can win in a shoot-out, Rebels can.
11. We had more fan involvement in the last Med Hat game than we have had in a long time. (I know I was a little heated with the overtime.) Med Hat CAN BE HAD!! How can the announcer, the mascot, section N, get more people being NOISY. It is my opinion that louder music won't do it.
12. Sutter does yell and criticize more that I would BUT THEN I have never coached at that level. AND I am not preparing players for coaches like some of the ones in the NHL.
13. Longtimefan and one other fan appear to have an axe to grind that is personal (relative, billet??) Did he see Meech, Woywitka, Lynch, Vandermeer, ... when they were young D men in Red Deer. I don't feel Morin deserves all the criticism he has received. I know almost all regular posters and would like to have the pleasure of meeting longtimefan too.
14. Many empty seats in the Centrium lately. Good Weather Fans??
16. I still love to hear the opinions of Rebel 66, Shineyshoes, Red Celtic, ... and some of the old timers on the site.
17. Two officials have appeared to set out to prove they are not intimidated by Sutter as some opposition fans have stated. LOLOLOL
19. Still great, inexpensive entertainment.

Good observations. a few thoughts
1. i thought we actually did quite well in the faceoff circle last game
2. doubt we'll find a tough body to stand in front of the net for the pp
3. I dont know if the fans are fairweather, i think they just take it for granted. i have a feeling there are too many corporate tickets, and then im thinking they just forget to give them away. and the fans that are there have definatly been louder lately.

Shinyshoes
03-06-2007, 11:53 PM
maybe there is somthing else that someone can suggest?(food that is really good)Stick to the ice Cream....best in the dub. Whatever you try, stay away from the burgers......

Quite the praise from a guy not in section N....Thanks!
16. I still love to hear the opinions of Rebel 66, Shineyshoes, Red Celtic, ... and some of the old timers on the site. AMEN! Where is Rebel Madness? Anyone heard from him? Madness, 66, D.A, Celtic, rdreb...Where are all you guys? just because there are a couple of posters who flame you for your opinion doesnt mean you shouldn't post.....we used to deal with that on the whiteboard.....hos is this different?

19. Still great, inexpensive entertainment.My thoughts EXACTLY!

Rebel66
03-07-2007, 01:35 AM
Where is Rebel Madness? Anyone heard from him? Madness, 66, D.A, Celtic, rdreb...Where are all you guys? just because there are a couple of posters who flame you for your opinion doesnt mean you shouldn't post.....we used to deal with that on the whiteboard.....hos is this different?
My thoughts EXACTLY!

I do post occasionally but mostly just lurk around these parts and the whiteboard now. Having three kids really limits my ability to think rationally anymore! That, and I'm a little tired of all the Sutter bashing and outright negativity from some posters here.

There are some I enjoy though. SecN and hockey4 in particular I enjoy reading your posts. Great to see a post from tiny too. Good observations. I will say though that my section, sec R, gives you N'ers a run for your money. My loudmouth (from my Liverpool soccer supporting days) usually gets the section and adjoining sections going pretty good.

Anyway, I hope to find more time to post more often but pigs might fly too!

tiny
03-07-2007, 12:10 PM
I will buy the icecream if you'd like to try it. We meet behind section B before the game. Tiny, Shiny, RDReb and Red Celtic are usually there before the game. Look us up.

tiny
03-07-2007, 12:19 PM
"That, and I'm a little tired of all the Sutter bashing and outright negativity from some posters here."

Me too :clap:

"I will say though that my section, sec R, gives you N'ers a run for your money. My loudmouth (from my Liverpool soccer supporting days) usually gets the section and adjoining sections going pretty good."

Perhaps you could teach us your LIVERPOOL LEATHER LUNGS chants and songs to liven up the place a little. LOL

I really miss your posts and those of DA. Maybe you two could help balance this board.

Thanks

Rebel66
03-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Perhaps you could teach us your LIVERPOOL LEATHER LUNGS chants and songs to liven up the place a little. LOL

It's funny you saying that but I have taught a few rows by me a soccer clapping chant where you do a series of claps and then bellow "Rebels" at the end. Unfortunately most people can't seem to get the clapping right! :clap:

Watching the Liverpool vs Barcelona European match yesterday and the Liverpool fans incredible rendition of "You'll Never Walk Alone" (Liverpool FC's theme song as it were) made me wish we could get some sort of tradition going like that for the Rebels. The Liverpool fans all hold their red and white scarves up in the air and then sing this song with absolute passion. We need some Rebels scarves that we could do that with. Who's with me????? yeehoo

Here's a link to one of their YNWA chants
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyKNTP1QbX4

What do you think? Rebels scarves anyone?

tiny
03-07-2007, 02:11 PM
"It's funny you saying that but I have taught a few rows by me a soccer clapping chant where you do a series of claps and then bellow "Rebels" at the end. Unfortunately most people can't seem to get the clapping right! :clap:"

I'm afraid that is true with many of us. We will keep trying.

"We need some Rebels scarves that we could do that with. Who's with me????? yeehoo "

Here's a link to one of their YNWA chants
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyKNTP1QbX4

What do you think? Rebels scarves anyone?[/QUOTE]
count me in on the scarves

tiny
03-07-2007, 02:15 PM
After reading alot of your posts (Red Celtic, Shinyshoes, Hockey4, Tiny, etc) you all have send a very strong message to me that complaining and negativity is not the answer, and truthfully I appreciate it. This is probably the last thing the boys need. I manage to keep everything positive in the stands while watching the game so there is no reason not to keep it positive in discussions. From here forward it will only be positive comments.

Thanks again.
Though it seems we may have been "ganging up" on you, I do appreciate fans who really watch the game. AND don't think we/I have never had negatives to express. I just try to stay balanced.

I meant what I said about wanting to meet you as well. Longtimefan, icecream will be on me.

SWANSKI
03-07-2007, 04:18 PM
I agree on tiny on most points with a few different spins. The peiper, wray line looks like a miilion bucks but only 50 per cent of the time. This line could be dominant if they played like they can even 75 per cent of the time. Skate and work like doucette does and this could be a very important line in the playoffs, If??

2.faceoffs surprise me, hanzal is good on faceoffs on the PP , teddy is Ok when hes out there, but moore when he takes them, quite often lately doesnt lose hardly any, something to consider beacuse it looks to me that lots of centres try purposely to lose faceoffs and then pursue the puck in the offensive zone with wingers.

3. Power forward in front of the net, I think we have maybe 1-2 guys that will stand there,but the d and the remaining forwards must somehow find a way to get the puck thenet, forget the pretty goals and get the hardworking ones.

4.I dont think Reimer has been spectacular but real good goalies have usually good support.

5. I still think the Pk with both units going as long as we dont go down 2 men is very good although we need to put more pressure on the opposing D in our end, forwards I feel should pressure More.

But then again were just fans. Brents the coach and Im sure will be preparing them for a battle with MH.

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-07-2007, 05:52 PM
I will buy the icecream if you'd like to try it. We meet behind section B before the game. Tiny, Shiny, RDReb and Red Celtic are usually there before the game. Look us up.
ok sounds good,I do not know where I am sitting,but that does not really matter,I will just have to remember to go there. If you don't mind chatting to a teenager haha You will have no trouble spotting me I will probably be wearing a white Blades jersey and a Toronto Maple Leafs hat or a blue Blades jersey and the hat.

SectionNDeserter
03-07-2007, 06:41 PM
I agree on tiny on most points with a few different spins. The peiper, wray line looks like a miilion bucks but only 50 per cent of the time. This line could be dominant if they played like they can even 75 per cent of the time. Skate and work like doucette does and this could be a very important line in the playoffs, If??I don't know if any line with Pieper on it is going to put up a lot of points, but they are going to be key to shutting down the the opposition.

2.faceoffs surprise me, hanzal is good on faceoffs on the PPIts funny to watch Hanzal take faceoffs, he wins almost all of them, and he usually looks like he isn't even trying (maybe because he is so big?). Him and Mappin (before he got reassigned) are probably our only 2 guys that have a faceoff % that is higher than 50%.

3. Power forward in front of the net, I think we have maybe 1-2 guys that will stand there,but the d and the remaining forwards must somehow find a way to get the puck thenet, forget the pretty goals and get the hardworking ones.I think this is a strategy more suited to a team that gets a moderate number of their shots from the point. Though it could throw a team off in the playoffs if we stuck a big man in front of the net and suddenly started utilizing our point men.

4.I dont think Reimer has been spectacular but real good goalies have usually good support.He can be frustrating to watch sometimes. He usually lets a real stinker in about every other game, but then stands on his head for the rest of the game.

5. I still think the Pk with both units going as long as we dont go down 2 men is very good although we need to put more pressure on the opposing D in our end, forwards I feel should pressure More.I have noticed in the games in Feb. that the Rebels have been totally collapsing on the penalty kill (like almost all teams do when they are 2 men short), instead of challenging the shooters. I haven't looked at actual PK stats in the past month to see if it has changed anything, but it is a lot more 'exciting' to watch (but not a good exciting).