PDA

View Full Version : Levi Nelson....

Big Ern
03-04-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm not being an a**hole here, and I don't have favourites. But I am sure we all remember, a while back, Levi Nelson was being ripped to shreds by the so-called "Swift Current blogging community."
I would just like all who remember some of this to go back in the archives, see what they posted, see what I posted, and then come back and make a comment here on this thread. After Levi reached 50 points last night in Kootenay, (including four goals and two assists in the last four games!!!!) what do you all think?
When I go back and read how I stood in there and argued for him, I can now safely say, I had a good point.
WAY TO GO MAN! I like it when I am proved right. HAHAHAHA! applause

thehockeyman
03-04-2007, 04:44 PM
big ern everyone knows he is your favourite player so just cool it with the levi nelson posts already. everyone knows he scores points but think about the other stuff he does like take dumb penalties, turn pucks over............if you watched the game against med hat whos fault was the first goal? everyone knows he is your favourite but serious just cool it already.............do you have a secret crush on the guy?

ointhecreek
03-04-2007, 05:06 PM
You should stop and consider that maybe he turned things around BECAUSE he was being criticized by just about everyone. He was playing pretty stupid for a while talking stupid penalties at bad times and not playing his game, which imo is concentrating on scoring goals not kneeing people and causing trouble. I'm glad he has turned things around. I enjoy watching him play, when he plays his game. We need the goal scorer not the wannabe pest.
As for you not having favorites, You're not fooling anyone. It's fine to have a favorite player, you're a fan. I tell you what, if he's not your favorite don't wear his jersey the rest of the year.

observer9
03-04-2007, 05:17 PM
For once we agree. Shocking actually. Levi has turned it around thanks to a swift kick in the a$$ from the coaching staff, his teammates and even us the fans. Sorry Ern, you played no factor in this as much as you'd like to pat yourself on the back :rolleyes: . Levi has focused on the game and not the crap surrounding it. He's been better for it.

Flathead
03-04-2007, 05:19 PM
You should stop and consider that maybe he turned things around BECAUSE he was being criticized by just about everyone. He was playing pretty stupid for a while talking stupid penalties at bad times and not playing his game, which imo is concentrating on scoring goals not kneeing people and causing trouble. I'm glad he has turned things around. I enjoy watching him play, when he plays his game. We need the goal scorer not the wannabe pest.
As for you not having favorites, You're not fooling anyone. It's fine to have a favorite player, you're a fan. I tell you what, if he's not your favorite don't wear his jersey the rest of the year.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Good post.

Johnsy05
03-04-2007, 07:00 PM

Agreed.. Solid post.

Big Ern
03-04-2007, 07:20 PM
I don't mean to P.O. anyone, just wanting people to go back and look at what they posted. Some of it was big time BS, is all I'm saying. My point? He tries hard every game.
And as far as favourites go, I like Dale Weise and Paul Postma just as well, and the other guys too, I just don't know the others that well. I'm just wearing the #17 because actually Levi is the first Bronco I ever met.
As far as ripping me, go ahead. I'm just trying to bring a point across. I think I did. So I'm done with this thread. BYE BYE NOW....

Big Ern
03-04-2007, 07:25 PM
For once we agree. Shocking actually. Levi has turned it around thanks to a swift kick in the a$$ from the coaching staff, his teammates and even us the fans. Sorry Ern, you played no factor in this as much as you'd like to pat yourself on the back :rolleyes: . Levi has focused on the game and not the crap surrounding it. He's been better for it.

One more post..... I NEVER pat myself on the back for anything.

ointhecreek
03-04-2007, 09:00 PM
One more post..... I NEVER pat myself on the back for anything.
Maybe you don't see it but thats what it looks like. Do you think you will make everyone see it your way by telling everyone to " can it"? We all know you are a great fan Big ern, but your not gonna change peoples opinion, especially with statements like that.

Big Ern
03-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Maybe you don't see it but thats what it looks like. Do you think you will make everyone see it your way by telling everyone to " can it"? We all know you are a great fan Big ern, but your not gonna change peoples opinion, especially with statements like that.

Mute on this subject.

observer9
03-04-2007, 10:21 PM
You've turned most of the Bronco fan base against you. I used to think the "Big Ern" thing was cute, maybe even comical. Now I just find it extremely annoying.

Maybe you should change your signature line to. I remain EXTREMELY Annoyong....Always.

2,5,andagame
03-04-2007, 11:37 PM
He also only has 4 PIM in his last four games. Coincidence????

I've seen and heard alot of hockey but have yet to see or hear of anyone scoring from the penalty box. If it ever happens let me know.

Big Ern
03-04-2007, 11:37 PM
You've turned most of the Bronco fan base against you. I used to think the "Big Ern" thing was cute, maybe even comical. Now I just find it extremely annoying.

Maybe you should change your signature line to. I remain EXTREMELY Annoyong....Always.

GIVE ME A BREAK. I'm still that same "Big Ern." I am still a die-hard that would go to hell and back for the team. I've spent over $600 with the team this season, and over $1200 just to get to games and back home again.
I respect everyone's opinion on the forum, including yours. That's why I deleted the "can it" that I posted further up. I apologize for that one. It was very unprofessional on my part.
Meanwhile, my opinion on the "Levi" issue has remained the same. I'm trying to get across that he tries hard every shift. All players get sidetracked at certain points. He is not without that. But he is a great hockey player, and plays for the love of the game.
Thankyou for your efforts to improve my personality on the forum. Advice is appreciated. ;)

Miss B
03-04-2007, 11:56 PM
There's no need to gang up on Big Ern for expressing his opinion, that's what this is for. Big Ern's enthusiasm is something more of us could use and should support the Broncos as whole-heartedly as he does. We don't have to agree with everyone, but we should respect everyone & we can all admit that Levi has stepped up and it's a welcome change, and this post just focused on Levi, but all the guys have stepped up and it's nice to see some consistent play. Let's all give it a rest and I hope to see Big Ern out in full force on Wednesday night in Regina!

Johnsy05
03-05-2007, 05:01 PM
GIVE ME A BREAK. I'm still that same "Big Ern." I am still a die-hard that would go to hell and back for the team. I've spent over $600 with the team this season, and over $1200 just to get to games and back home again.
I respect everyone's opinion on the forum, including yours. That's why I deleted the "can it" that I posted further up. I apologize for that one. It was very unprofessional on my part.
Meanwhile, my opinion on the "Levi" issue has remained the same. I'm trying to get across that he tries hard every shift. All players get sidetracked at certain points. He is not without that. But he is a great hockey player, and plays for the love of the game.
Thankyou for your efforts to improve my personality on the forum. Advice is appreciated. ;)

No one here disputed what u were saying we all know he try hard and plays for the love of the game. But for awhile there he was definiatly off his game and trying to play a certain way that wasn't working for him most stated that he needed to get back to playing hockey and get his head in the game... and wouldn't u know the stupid penalties have stopped and wouldn't you know it he is racking up points... Coincidence i think not. So how u feel that u are right i am not sure. If anyones right i don't think its you. Sorry bud