PDA

View Full Version : even if there is a way!!!!!!

shushu
03-04-2007, 11:08 PM
this team does not belong in the playoffs. alot of talk(me included) about the top eight teams means very little when we cant even beat the bottom of the barrel. this is the same thing year in and year out with his team. i remember a conversation last year after the playoffs about how next year, "look out" the canes are going to be tough. well SURPRIZE there not. and i bet this time next year we will be having the same chat. heres hoping im wrong but i doubt it.........................

grainbear
03-05-2007, 06:57 AM
Back on Sept 26,2006 , Dyck on the Canes website stated. Even though the Canes will be in tough in the Central division, Dyck feels the new rules will benefit them. The teams identity is built around sprrre which will help with the crackdown on hooking and holding. Well we had the speed , but we forgot to tell our players about the hooking and holding . How else do you explain that we are the most heavily penalized team in our division. We simply did not put it together on a consistent basis night in and night out. If we had the talent , where was the breakdown ? That only leaves on alternative. Coaching ? I am not saying get rid of the coaches , however they need to sit back and ask themselves why defensively from the goaltending, defense and backchecking forwards we failed. We scored enough goals to win the leaque but did not keep the puck out of our net. This is the question I have for each player, and particularly for the Coaches and GM .

shushu
03-05-2007, 11:01 AM
That only leaves on alternative. Coaching ?

from the same time last year to now we should have seen more of an upward trend in cosistency and performance, considering the team is a year older and hopefully a year wiser. but instead we see the same thing we did with maxwell, a team loaded with talent that can barely keep its head above water.
i said throughout the year that hopefully this team will not be waisted on bad management or coaching, but it is becoming apparently clear.and to think that we have two more years of contracts to deal with is to say the least upsetting, as most of this years talent will be gone.. ive disagreed with people in the past and some will disagree me but i dont see much improvement for next year unless something major changes. and as for this "next year crap" ,it doesnt have one foot in the grave its dead and buried.....................

Porkchop
03-05-2007, 11:56 AM
The talent is there but what good is it without proper instruction, guidance and direction. Nothing will improve until the "correct" changes are made and these changes are from behind the bench and desks. Here is one for all to chew on, why is #12 on the fourth line?-he's not injured. Why is a checker/grinder currently playing the point on the pp? And why does #3 only have 4 points on the year while playing at even strenght? If #8 doesn't want to play with heart then why play him every other shift? Just a few serious issues.

LHF
03-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Well, the Canes are definitely a talented crew. But they are, for the most part young, and those young guys don't have alot of experience. That will change hopefully next year. As far as making changes, I don't think Stasiuk will be going anywhere. At least I hope not. After I got over the whole Yellowhorn trade (which really, in the end, didn't hurt us), I think he has improved this team tremendously. Like I said before, alot of young talent. I have also said before this team has struggled on d. Look at our goals against, almost the worst in the league. So hopefully that will be one area that he will shore up. I have confidence in Stasiuk to give us a winning team very soon.

Guess we'll all have to wait and see what changes will be made. I'll tell you what though, I am so sick and tired of looking to next year. We've been doing that for the last 10 years. I think the fans have been pretty damn patient...don't you all?

nhl

shushu
03-05-2007, 12:48 PM
The talent is there but what good is it without proper instruction, guidance and direction. Nothing will improve until the "correct" changes are made and these changes are from behind the bench and desks. Here is one for all to chew on, why is #12 on the fourth line?-he's not injured. Why is a checker/grinder currently playing the point on the pp? And why does #3 only have 4 points on the year while playing at even strenght? If #8 doesn't want to play with heart then why play him every other shift? Just a few serious issues.

there is alot of things that make more sense now as toward unused extra 1st round pick and the slow movement of trades to bolster up lineups . i dont believe roy is the problem here . but the lack of confidence in a coaching staff could easily make a person hold off on future plan untill dyck and his boy would be replaced removed or demoted................... also why sign a rookie coach to a three and a half year contract.. :confused:

Porkchop
03-05-2007, 12:59 PM
. but the lack of confidence in a coaching staff could easily make a person hold off on future plan untill dyck and his boy would be replaced removed or demoted................... also why sign a rookie coach to a three and a half year contract.. :confused:

You got it. Why oh why is the? No experience, no proven track record and he gets a long term deal. How long of a deal does his side kick have? This group showed better (GA) with Therot on the staff and he got turfed. Yes we cane fans have been very patient for a long time and have a right to be pissed.

shushu
03-05-2007, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=LHF] I'll tell you what though, I am so sick and tired of looking to next year. We've been doing that for the last 10 years. I think the fans have been pretty damn patient...don't you all?

i think the fans have been to patient. as i said about private ownership,( not that i want that) but there is pressure put upon people to succeed , or face the consequences.i dont believe we have that here. next year will be the make or break year for this team and its coaching staff.let hope something changes for the better or this could be one ugly trend AGAIN.......... PS .... its starting to look that way........................

canes77
03-05-2007, 01:37 PM
I agree with Porkchop that letting go of Theoret was a mistake. Remember how strong the Defense was in last yr playoffs (we almost won a series, wow thats rare)....Also, Kudelka has been brutal since the World Jr's, does he think that after getting signed by an NHL team and playing in his last World Jr's, that nothing matters anymore? Before he left in December, he was looking as good as any D-man in the league, now he deserves to be standing in the concourse watching the next game or two.

Porkchop
03-05-2007, 02:33 PM
There is nothing like playoff hockey-remember last year, it was exciting. Not making the playoffs will cost the team lots of money. Why did the team gel at playoff time last year and play calgary very well (Theoret ?) And yet this year at crunch time we are playing worse than ever while other teams are getting better. Something stinks to high heaven. It is just my opinion but I believe the players are being mentally beat up and have lost confidence in themselves. We know kudelka is good but he looks lost or he just doesn't care anymore which is more likely. How much screaming can a teenager handle, I'm not a shrink so I don't know.

aaAlta
03-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Its hard to play full power, with sharp edge, when you're uptight. And thats what you are when on thin ice, like they have been since end of Sept. They looked promising coming out of the chutes and so - IMO - the staff played a bit of a short bench to make hay while the sun was shining. Get a little up in the division early to give some cushion down the stretch. But it kinda went wrong. I think the short rotation tired the top D; and didnt really deepen or develop D's 5 thru 8 much in the early going.

By the time the whole team re-grouped and picked the intensity back up (Nov) they were in a hole they havent been able to dig their way out of. They had to do something, so they tried. Couple of trades gave up pipeline possibilities in exchange for guys that might have made a difference to strengthen and catch up this season. But the trades didnt affect the goals against much. And they definitely arent of much use to next year.

So what you see is pretty close to what you get next year. But theres a lot of good core character and ability there. With a couple of strong moves to help the next two years, it could still be good. I think you need more killer 88s and 90s on both D and F to show up yet.

taylor0017
03-06-2007, 07:11 PM
I too am very sick of always looking to next year ...or going in a diffrent direction. In my opinion our defence let us down this year. I would describe our defence as weak at best. I think that we did not get solid goaltending game in and game out. When Sorachan(Spelling) was here he won games for us by himself , that did not happen too many times this year. I do think that Roy has us on the right track , but have my doubts that Dyck is the coach that we want. There seems to be no motovation from the players. Theoret , I thought was a good coach for the defence. But I do not know what went on behind the scenes. Again I will look forward to next year, but I don't think that I have too many "next years" as a season ticket holder.