PDA

View Full Version : Giants 2@Kamloops 3 March 4

Swando
03-04-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm not much for write-ups but all I'll say is that I watched the game over the internet on a very good and clear fee. I would entitle this one...
"THE PAT SMITH SHOW" Blazers had 6 PP chances before the G Men had their first. None of these calls seemed that obvious. Loops scored on their 2 man advantage!
It was a good effort by both teams and they showed their frustration by the phantom calls by Smith.
Neulfeld got the start and although he made some nice saves I felt he was rather slow on recovering following stopping an initial shot.
Giants ended the night 1/5 on the PP and Kamloops were 3/10.

Kraus and Lucic were the goal scorers. I have the score as 3-2 but it could have been 4-2 as there was an empty net goal at the buzzer.

1st star - Butler
2nd star - Lucic
3rd star - Bartley

rinkrat
03-05-2007, 12:48 PM
I would entitle this one...
"THE PAT SMITH SHOW" Blazers had 6 PP chances before the G Men had their first. None of these calls seemed that obvious.

I agree.I don't like to complain about reffing,but that performance by Smith was a joke. All teams have to fight through bad reffing and travel,sickness and injury...I guess last night was our ref night.
Anyone know why Bender was given a game misconduct?

scamperdog
03-05-2007, 02:22 PM
I agree.I don't like to complain about reffing,but that performance by Smith was a joke. All teams have to fight through bad reffing and travel,sickness and injury...I guess last night was our ref night.
Anyone know why Bender was given a game misconduct?
he called Milan Lucic "Hunchback" and that will give him a two game suspension according to the Kamloops Daily News

Swando
03-05-2007, 03:02 PM
he called Milan Lucic "Hunchback" and that will give him a two game suspension according to the Kamloops Daily News

Scamper...I must say that I really enjoy listening to your Blazer broadcasters. They are probably the most unbias pair of commentators I have heard in a long time.. In regards to the Lucic "hunchback" thing ..this crossed my mind immediatly and I wondered if Bender made a comment like that. Earlier in the year Beech from Everett made a "ape/gorrila" gesture to Milan and I know the Giants reported it. Lucic was born this way and a comment like that is no different than a racial slur which no league tolerates.. "The refs did something right last night" lol

Beaner
03-05-2007, 03:07 PM

Well, Im glad to see the league is cracking down on this, Beach better watch himself.

Kassian
03-05-2007, 04:22 PM
What I don't understand is how Beach manages to get away with doing that twice to Lucic while Bender is given a game misconduct right away. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining but it just boggles my mind... :spineyes:

scamperdog
03-05-2007, 05:34 PM
What I don't understand is how Beach manages to get away with doing that twice to Lucic while Bender is given a game misconduct right away. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining but it just boggles my mind... :spineyes:
I think it is automatic 2 games because of the number of game misconducts he has had this year.

Beaner
03-05-2007, 07:45 PM
I think it is automatic 2 games because of the number of game misconducts he has had this year.

Yes, you are right. Bender received his 3rd game misconduct already which is an automatic 1 game.

02/25/07 Ryan Bender Kamloops One game for receiving third G.M. of the season vs Prince George on February 24.

So it is an automatic 2.

But I think what Kassian is refering to is that the refs and the league actually called it, as opposed to what they have done with Beach in the past which is ignore it.

Kassian
03-05-2007, 08:24 PM
But I think what Kassian is refering to is that the refs and the league actually called it, as opposed to what they have done with Beach in the past which is ignore it.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm talking about. In fact Beach has done that more than twice to Lucic. Those incidents just occured over the course of two games.

dondo
03-05-2007, 09:04 PM
are you sure it was Smith and not the uber-useless Zalaski swando? -- other than Rehman for my money he's the worst ref in the dub and pairing him with Pat Smith is like throwing a live hand grenade into packed night-club.

Happy I didn't listen to that on the radio I would have been enraged. Its frustrating not having seen it though as I wonder if the Giants actually committed twice as many infractions as the Blazers or just in the eyes of two showboating refs currying favour with the home crowd.

scamperdog
03-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Yes, you are right. Bender received his 3rd game misconduct already which is an automatic 1 game.

So it is an automatic 2.

It was brought to the attention of the refs by one of the linesmen,
bottem line is Bender got what he deserves for the comment, plus he should be forced to sit down with Lucic and maybe learn something

Swando
03-05-2007, 10:45 PM
are you sure it was Smith and not the uber-useless Zalaski swando? -- other than Rehman for my money he's the worst ref in the dub and pairing him with Pat Smith is like throwing a live hand grenade into packed night-club.

Happy I didn't listen to that on the radio I would have been enraged. Its frustrating not having seen it though as I wonder if the Giants actually committed twice as many infractions as the Blazers or just in the eyes of two showboating refs currying favour with the home crowd.

It was quite obvious by the players (at least the Giants) whom I 'm used to watching that they didn't know why they were being called. Watt wines all the time but others like Blum, Festerling, and Rabbit were quite animated in thier calls as was Lucic.
One area that was a real mystery was the quick whistles when Giants were banging at loose pucks whereas they allowed Loops a few extra whacks and seconds I thot. The Giants complained often about that it seemed.
Smith is the worst!! Papp is a close second.

Junkie
03-06-2007, 07:11 PM
GO GIANTS! we want you guys to finish as # 1 - only because we want Kamloops in the first round punk rock

scamperdog
03-06-2007, 08:47 PM
I'll make you Giant fans happy, The league overturned the game misconduct to Bender and there for he is no longer suspended

Kassian
03-06-2007, 11:52 PM
I'll make you Giant fans happy, The league overturned the game misconduct to Bender and there for he is no longer suspended

That doesn't really bother me. I'd rather see Bender have to back up his actions with his fists. The way it should be, IMO.

old_time_hockey
03-07-2007, 01:04 AM
That doesn't really bother me. I'd rather see Bender have to back up his actions with his fists. The way it should be, IMO.

Indeed. Tis the code. Get rid of the instigator penalty NOW!!!

That, and Bender will have no teeth after haha

Kassian
03-07-2007, 02:39 AM
Indeed. Tis the code. Get rid of the instigator penalty NOW!!!

That, and Bender will have no teeth after haha

I wish it still worked that way. :(

In Bender's defense he did fight Lucic earlier this season and didn't do too badly. He still lost but didn't lose as badly as I expected...

Swando
03-07-2007, 05:38 AM
For Milan's sake and wisdom..he realizes he's going to be goated and prodded as often as possible because he is an elite player. Any team would be stupid not to prod him....in saying this I think Bender should have been given what he deserved that being a game misconduct. I truley hope the Giants play the Blazers again this year and the Giants are up enough goals so that both Bender and Delerond will receive what is due. Hopefully at the hands (fists) of Lucic.

Knuckles Muldoon
03-07-2007, 07:33 PM
GO GIANTS! we want you guys to finish as # 1 - only because we want Kamloops in the first round punk rock
They are all yours. The Blazers are ripe for a thrashing, too. The Giants are just as happy to drive back and forth to Chilliwack for a week. ;)

Knuckles Muldoon
03-07-2007, 07:34 PM
For Milan's sake and wisdom..he realizes he's going to be goated and prodded as often as possible because he is an elite player. Any team would be stupid not to prod him....in saying this I think Bender should have been given what he deserved that being a game misconduct. I truley hope the Giants play the Blazers again this year and the Giants are up enough goals so that both Bender and Delerond will receive what is due. Hopefully at the hands (fists) of Lucic.

Yep. It always best when in the end, the piper gets paid.