PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Barrie?

PGFlyfisher
03-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Anyone heard how he' s doing? Hopefully he' s ok after a THOUGHTLESS and UNNECESSARY hit by one of our boys.
Up until that point in the game he definitely stood out! Bright future ahead for that young man and Rockets fans.

Squig
03-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Nasty hit from the sounds of it - probably some kind of a suspension happenin.

On the post game Ryan Huska was saying that a 15, 16 and a 17 year old were our best D-men. Bodes well for the next couple of years.

PGFlyfisher
03-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the info. Really glad to hear he' s ok! It was indeed an ugly, no excuse hit from behind and from my angle, looked like an elbow as well. Genuine concern by all fans in the building as he laid on the ice for what seemed to be a very long time. Always scary to see hits like that.

Junkie
03-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Really glad to hear the kid is gonna be ok. He was totally impressing me; I kept checking my program to make sure he WAS the 15 year old player. I was really upset and disgusted with Drazenovic's hit on him. NO WAY was that necessary and I hate to see any player, my team or not, Boogaard'd

Junkie
03-06-2007, 07:07 PM
and by the way, Drazenovic only got a ONE game suspension! How lame is that! Honestly, if that is the way Nick is going to play, I would prefer that he not even be dressed! Yup, even as a Cougar fan, I was :burningma