PDA

View Full Version : Tartaglione Nominated for ADT CHL Goaltender of the Week

Bran
03-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Tartaglione Nominated for ADT CHL Goaltender of the Week

WHL NOMINEE, ADT CHL GOALTENDER OF THE WEEK - March 5, 2007

The WHL nominee for ADT CHL Goaltender of the Week is Tommy Tartaglione of the Regina Pats.

Tartaglione posted two wins, including a shutout, in two starts this week, stopping 49 of 50 shots he faced for a 0.50 goals-against average and a .980 save percentage in that span.

On Tuesday, February 27th, Tartaglione stopped 27 of 28 shots he faced to backstop the Pats to a 3-1 win over the visiting Tri-City Americans. He was also named the game's 3rd star.

On Sunday, March 4th, Tartaglione stopped all 22 shots he faced to record his third shutout of the season, and was named the game's 3rd star as the Pats skated to a 5-0 victory over visiting East Division rivals the Saskatoon Blades.

Tartaglione, an 18-year-old from Harbor City, California, is in his second WHL campaign, and has posted a 9-5-1 record in 20 appearances for the Pats this season.

Give it to him! lol..he's been quite impressive lately, save for a couple of bad periods. I would think he'll probably get a couple more games in before the end of the regular season? After that we likely won't see him much, if at all.

Bran
03-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Toronto, ON - The Canadian Hockey League today announced that Tommy Tartaglione of the Regina Pats is the ADT CHL Goaltender of the Week for the week ending Sunday March 4, 2007 after posting a 2-0-0-0 record, along with a 0.500 goals against average, a 0.980 save percentage and a shutout.

Tuesday night, Tartaglione stopped 27 shots to backstop the Pats to a 3-1 win over the visiting Tri-City Americans. On Sunday, he stopped all 22 shots to record his third shutout of the season as the Pats skated to a 5-0 home ice victory over the East Division rival Saskatoon Blades.

The 18-year old from Harbor City, California is in his second WHL season and currently has a 9-5-1 record in 20 appearances.

Steve Mason of the London Knights was the OHL nominee after posting a 3-0-0-0 record with a 2.000 goals against average and 0.944 save percentage while Michel Dupont of the Baie Comeau Drakkar was the QMJHL nominee after going 2-1-0 with a 1.55 goals against average and 0.929 save percentage in three games last week.

Each week the CHL recognizes the ADT CHL Goaltender of the Week and will present the ADT CHL Goaltender of the Year Award to the CHL's top netminder at the conclusion of the 2006-07 season.

Way to go, Tommy! And he's got a great new hairdo to go with his award.

Fight Guy
03-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Awesome! It's a shame he probably won't be around next season. But who knows really.

All I ever hear in the crowd when he plays is "What are you doing you idiot?" or "His style is so unorthadox it's scary" or "He's always so lucky". That's from randoms in our section every now and then. Well, what he does is working!

Bran
03-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Awesome! It's a shame he probably won't be around next season. But who knows really.

All I ever hear in the crowd when he plays is "What are you doing you idiot?" or "His style is so unorthadox it's scary" or "He's always so lucky". That's from randoms in our section every now and then. Well, what he does is working!
See, everyone in my section seems to love the guy. They're usually laughing when they say he scares them. I think the general concensus is that he knows what he's doing, even if it's not what most would do. NO ONE is that lucky, there's obviously more to it than that. It's obvious that he means a lot to this team, and if there was ever any question about how the fans felt about him, I think that was pretty much answered in the Kootenay game. You always feel safe with Linden Rowat in net, but when Tommy is playing, you know you can expect a lot of excitement. That's not a knock on either guy...they're both huge parts of this team and both talented, but oh so different.

Beaner
03-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Thing is Tommy although unorthodox in his style, gets the job done, mainly stopping the puck.

Congrats to being nominated Tommy.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-06-2007, 10:09 PM
this old lady in my row laughs hysterically every time Tommy flops around to make a save, or tries to do some crazy puck trick and clear it him self. I think she almsot had a heart attack at the kootenay game where Tommy tried scoring on the empty net. Very lovable character... which is somewhat rare in goaltenders these days.

I must admit I have never seen a goalie like Tommy T though. Too bad he probably wont be back. He will be the heart and soul of one lucky team next season.

Bran
03-06-2007, 10:22 PM
I love how he hangs on to the puck after the whistle, until the ref takes it from him. He won't move, like he's afraid they'll score. One guy who sits near me always laughs when he does that and says "Tommy, they can't score anymore!" I could gush about him all day, but I won't! I'll spare you...

If you guys in Vancouver want to check out some of Tommy's highlights, the Pats website has all the highlights from Global, might be worth it to check them out. Hehe, I think they put the highlights from the TC game up, you can hear his comments on the US World Junior team and Carey Price...;)

Golks
03-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Looks like he's the man this week. :)

Section_Z
03-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Nice going Tommy. Funny the Ginats started the Season with 3 great goaltenders and the one who gets traded is the only one to get the the ATD this year. Wish you guys played him in the game I saw against the Wheaties...

Tidball
03-07-2007, 03:52 PM
i met Tartaglione last time the Pats were in toon. He was all smiles and a class act. He SOOO looks like a classic "Californian" I used to live down there. When parents weekend rolls around does Tommy T get to fly his rents up?

Fight Guy
03-07-2007, 05:20 PM
i met Tartaglione last time the Pats were in toon. He was all smiles and a class act. He SOOO looks like a classic "Californian" I used to live down there. When parents weekend rolls around does Tommy T get to fly his rents up?
Yeah...when i first saw him on TV and saw how he was on camera, I got the impression that he was a typical Californian...lol. With the jokes, the look, and the attitude. Just like in the movies...ha ha. I could see him in a Mighty Ducks movie!