PDA

View Full Version : Good Work, Boys!

Junkie
03-06-2007, 07:16 PM
The Western Hockey League today announced that Devin Setoguchi of the Prince George Cougars has been named the HUSKY WHL Player of the Month for February.
Setoguchi, a product of Taber, AB, scored 11 goals and added 11 assists for 22 points in 14 games during the month of February, helping the Cougars to an 8-4-1-1 record in that span.
The 6’ 0", 195-pound right wing, in his fourth WHL campaign, recorded points in nine of 14 games he played, and recorded goals in eight of those games. He also recorded five multiple-point games, including three games with four or more points, and notched two game-winners.
Setoguchi’s efforts earned him a Three Stars selection in five games during the month of February.
Setoguchi, who was the San Jose Sharks’ first-round pick (8th overall) at the 2005 NHL draft, currently leads the Cougars in scoring with 55 points, and has topped the 30-goal mark for the third consecutive season.

In other news, Dana Tyrell has been named the CHL/NAPA Draft Prospect of the Month. Tyrell, in his 2nd season with the Cougars, has recorded 52 points (27G, 25A) and currently ranks 2nd in team scoring this season.

Tyrell is definitely one of the hardest working players on our team. Seto can do some amazing things but I have noticed he lets up from time to time.
A big CONGRATS to both these guys yeehoo yeehoo

old_time_hockey
03-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Indeed.

The Cougars play has picked up as of late. Seems like the Cats are getting things together right on time for the playoffs to start.

I really hope the fans come back to the CN Center and either Brodsky sells cause the value of the team went up (best solution for EVERYONE in the WHL), or he decides he is going to invest into the team and make the team a class organization that it used to be when I would drive 7 hours in a snow storm from Kitimat to come see the Cats play when I could pull strings to get tixs and then drive home that night to go to work the next moring back in the late 90's.

Junkie
03-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Ah, the late 90's - the days of standing in line for hours to get seats and taking an hour to get out of the parking lot! Much as it is easier to get around inside the CN Centre with the smaller crowd, I would love to see it fill up a little more.
I would love to see Brodsky put more money into the team and get us back on track. Don't see that happening nor apparently is he interested in selling - which does not make much sense to me!