PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You Want To Play....

Bran
03-06-2007, 09:23 PM
I was reading Jon Keen's blog today, and he has an interesting take on the playoffs. He said he'd rather play Brandon so you don't have to deal with the media in Regina which would certainly be pro-Pats in a SC/Regina series. I'd be interested to know how you, as fans, feel about it? I think Jon's pretty much stuck with us!

Big Ern
03-06-2007, 10:38 PM
I was reading Jon Keen's blog today, and he has an interesting take on the playoffs. He said he'd rather play Brandon so you don't have to deal with the media in Regina which would certainly be pro-Pats in a SC/Regina series. I'd be interested to know how you, as fans, feel about it? I think Jon's pretty much stuck with us!

Jon is talking mainly from a media standpoint, for which I don't blame him. The Regina media is known widely for extreme homerism, and as far as I know and have heard, it's always been that way. That does not mean that Rod Pedersen is not an awesome friend of mine. Roddy is a hell of a guy. Media is media. Period.
As far as the on-ice product is concerned, the Broncos can beat any team in the league, especially in the Eastern conference. If they play like they played in Kootenay last week, there's a slim chance for the Pats. If Moir is hot, even a slimmer chance. But the Pats are also a good team. Their defense is mobile, and likes to chip in offensively. Rowat is sometimes good. To be honest, I think it is a draw between these two. It will end up being an awesome series, no matter what happens.
LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

Bran
03-06-2007, 10:59 PM
I know what Jon meant, I was just curious as to whether or not the fans think the whole media thing will be that big of a deal. I don't really expect the REGINA media to be all "Rah rah Broncos!" Just like I don't expect the media in Swift to be all for the Pats.

As for the rest of your post...lol slim chance for the Pats, eh? We'll see about that...the Pats are pretty deadly on home ice. Rowat is "sometimes good"? Oh boy! Rowat is usually good, sometimes amazing...and if not, we can play Tommy. Especially home games, the crowd loves him and he feeds off of that energy. You make me laugh Big Ern! I guess we'll see!

Fight Guy
03-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Yeah...dont forget the Pats have blown out the Broncos on a few occasions. Though I guess they did it once to us too. But seriously, if the Pats play 60 minutes like they have been (at home), then I wouldn't count on the Broncos coming out of those games with the win. The last few games at home, the Pats have actually somewhat shocked me with their play. Making great, smart plays, playing rough, and out skating the opposition. It will be tough.

Flathead
03-07-2007, 07:43 AM
I think we've had better luck against Brandon, at the begining of the season anyways. 3-4 against Brandon and 2-5 against Regina.

ki17
03-07-2007, 11:27 AM
If I were to pick I would pick Brandon only because I believe the Broncos have the best chance against them. I really want the Broncos to have a good run and at the very least make it past 1st round.
Although I do agree that if the team is hot and sets up the game going past the 1st round won't be a problem at all. :thumb:

Johnsy05
03-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Although i strongly believe we could take either team If we played our game. I think i would rather see the Wheaties there defence isn't the greatest and as long as swift could play solid D which is easier said that done against brandon and we pounded there defence every chance we get i think we could take them. Either way both teams will be a good battle I'm thinking.

d-man
03-07-2007, 07:36 PM
...IF, IF, IF....

If it is a SC/Regina series, which I think it will be, its a crap shoot. Two extremely inconsistent teams it could come down to 7 games IF both teams manage to show up 3 times each. There's not much difference in these teams and each can win or lose on any given night.

Hopefully the broncs are hitting their stride right now

Big Ern
03-08-2007, 01:57 AM
I know what Jon meant, I was just curious as to whether or not the fans think the whole media thing will be that big of a deal. I don't really expect the REGINA media to be all "Rah rah Broncos!" Just like I don't expect the media in Swift to be all for the Pats.

As for the rest of your post...lol slim chance for the Pats, eh? We'll see about that...the Pats are pretty deadly on home ice. Rowat is "sometimes good"? Oh boy! Rowat is usually good, sometimes amazing...and if not, we can play Tommy. Especially home games, the crowd loves him and he feeds off of that energy. You make me laugh Big Ern! I guess we'll see!

Dude, I didn't make predictions, just my thoughts. And yes, we will see! Both teams are a lot alike. Who's gonna show up? The good team, or the bad team, and on which side?? It could go seven games with ease. On the other hand, it could be over in four short ones. I guess that's why the games get played. LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

ointhecreek
03-08-2007, 09:10 AM

What Swift Current media? We rely on CTV from Regina for television coverage(which is scarce at best). The closing of CJFB hurt the local coverage of anything important to the southwest. The only papers here are a weekly paper that's always behind and a paper published in another province. Ahhh, the life in a small city.

Bran
03-08-2007, 11:37 AM
What Swift Current media? We rely on CTV from Regina for television coverage(which is scarce at best). The closing of CJFB hurt the local coverage of anything important to the southwest. The only papers here are a weekly paper that's always behind and a paper published in another province. Ahhh, the life in a small city.
I was mostly refering to the radio and paper...I guess a population of 16,000 doesn't make for a viable daily newspaper? I thought there was one, sorry! I think I sometimes forget how small SC is...it's a nice city, though! What I remember of it, anyway. (Which, admittedly, isn't much.)

ointhecreek
03-08-2007, 11:53 AM
I was mostly refering to the radio and paper...I guess a population of 16,000 doesn't make for a viable daily newspaper? I thought there was one, sorry! I think I sometimes forget how small SC is...it's a nice city, though! What I remember of it, anyway. (Which, admittedly, isn't much.)
LOL, not taking a shot at you bud. Just that nothing much happens here to warrant a daily. I just think its sad that we don't have a local TV station to cover what does happen. Great little city to live and work though. Low cost of living and low crime rate. That's why I moved back.