PDA

View Full Version : Webtv?

Priceisright
03-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Any feedback on these webtv games??

I tried it out last year and thought it was horrible...I couldn't even see the puck....I emailed them and they gave me money back.

Has it improved?

Thanks

rinkrat
03-07-2007, 10:23 PM
I watch most of the Giants road games,it depends which rink is broadcasting. Some are better than others.
At worse its marginally better than radio,at best its almost like TV.Tonight its Portland,they have great coverage. Kamloops is another great rink for webtv. Seattle is not very good at all,kinda psychadelic.lol Kelowna is too bright.
Just depends,I think for the most part its worth it,as they refund the games that don't broadcast properly,but there's still the frustration of not being able to watch.

Kassian
03-07-2007, 10:37 PM
I watch every road game and I agree with rinkrat, for me personally it's well worth it. I have the regular season pass so even if a game isn't working properly at the time of the game I can always go back and watch it after it's over and been archived. If you are planning on watching games on a game to game basis I can understand why some people might not want to bother. Unfortunately the Web TV isn't perfect and you'll have the occasional game not work the way it's supposed to be.

The best webcasts in my opinion are Kamloops and Prince Albert. Several teams like Kelowna and Regina in particular are zoomed out too far sometimes to see the puck or even the players clearly.

dondo
03-08-2007, 12:17 AM
is there any way to get just one team's games, or is it not set-up to do that?

It seems a bit much (even at .40/game after all is said and done for all the WHL games - but who watches all of those games?) -- also curious about the size of screen you view it in-- is it like the WJC tournament feed that TSN had where it could be full-screen but it was pretty pixelated or do you squint and try to watch it in a tiny pop-screen -- which for me would not be worth the effort or the money.

rinkrat
03-08-2007, 12:46 AM
Dondo,it sounds like you have commitment issues... lol
I don't blame you.
You can order one game and test the system.
Try it a couple times,sometimes the rink feed isn't that good
It depends on the rink

Swando
03-08-2007, 01:26 AM
is there any way to get just one team's games, or is it not set-up to do that?

It seems a bit much (even at .40/game after all is said and done for all the WHL games - but who watches all of those games?) -- also curious about the size of screen you view it in-- is it like the WJC tournament feed that TSN had where it could be full-screen but it was pretty pixelated or do you squint and try to watch it in a tiny pop-screen -- which for me would not be worth the effort or the money.

I believe you can get a seasons pass for just the Giants away games like I have.

N.W. Bruin
03-08-2007, 01:36 AM
Season ticket holders can watch their team with access to all LIVE road games. Must be a valid season ticket holder with the team of your choice.

dondo
03-08-2007, 03:12 AM
cool thx NWB-- does that also get you access to archived games etc? edit: I suppose not that's what that LIVE thing would be all about right? :D

actually swando for $6.95 a game single game price for crappy feeds and postage stamp box for viewing -- yes I do have commitment issues, I feel that having a web feed that has a single price viewing for about half what a ticket to the actual game costs is simply too much.

being a STH that would be great -- I'd be able to write more recaps if I can see the game as well.