PDA

View Full Version : Scraps in Regina

Flathead
03-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Big Ern I think you were going to the game in Regina, any recaps on the fights??

Sauer23
03-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Big Ern If your Radio anteana poked me one more time in the face. I would of sent you back to the current

Your Sincerly
PATS FAN

JDubb
03-07-2007, 10:41 PM
The game itself was mediocre at best for the first couple periods. I wouldn't say either team really had their A game tonight, but the Pats just made more of their chances tonight. I think I saw Big Ern at the game behind the Broncos bench. Looks like a hard core fan.

As for the fights:

1) Ross / Rumsey - Ross nudged a guy into the boards from behind (I agree with the 2 minute minor) and Rumsey came in. I can't argue sticking up for a teammate, but the fight was exactly what it should have been, not much. Rumsey got a couple in, but nothing major.

2) MacAngus / Leavold - MacAngus hit him and Leavold kind of went down awkward. He got up gave MacAngus a jab with his stick I believe and they both dropped them. MacAngus probably landed more, but lost his balance and Leavold ended up on top. I would say MacAngus with an edge.

3) Elder / LaRochelle - This started after Okukany was getting a minor for kneeing and Elder started off strong and got his jersey up a bit and LaRochelle never really got anything going. Definite Elder win.

4) Stoesz / Schenderling - Started with a scrum by the Pats goal and Stoesz gave him a couple shots and then they separated and went at it. May have looked even to the naked eye, but Schenderling landed basically nothing and Stoesz caught at least 3 good shots. The replay was on the screen. Definite edge to Stoesz here.

Should be a good series if this is indeed the first round match up. Games 1 and 2 March 23 and 24 at the Brandt!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-07-2007, 11:28 PM
The game itself was mediocre at best for the first couple periods. I wouldn't say either team really had their A game tonight, but the Pats just made more of their chances tonight. I think I saw Big Ern at the game behind the Broncos bench. Looks like a hard core fan.

Was that Big Ern? I saw him getting his air horn taken away before the warm ups haha. He was jumpin around in his nelson jersey most of the time, and the old peopel standing behind the section were calling him a retard and what not.

Dont listen to them though, they think anything that isnt a golf clap is uncalled for. Unfortunatly, aside from all the little kids constantly scampering about, they are most likely the majority of the attendance at the brandt center, which is why it is usually quieter than most places :dead: . (not that i am that loud either, but I still have a point)

EDIT: as for the leavold/macangus fight, I think that it was a draw. Leavold mghit have had a slight edge, because he got some better shot in there, but macangus came back with a few punches and then they fell down.

Big Ern
03-08-2007, 02:04 AM
Was that Big Ern? I saw him getting his air horn taken away before the warm ups haha. He was jumpin around in his nelson jersey most of the time, and the old peopel standing behind the section were calling him a retard and what not.

Dont listen to them though, they think anything that isnt a golf clap is uncalled for. Unfortunatly, aside from all the little kids constantly scampering about, they are most likely the majority of the attendance at the brandt center, which is why it is usually quieter than most places :dead: . (not that i am that loud either, but I still have a point)

EDIT: as for the leavold/macangus fight, I think that it was a draw. Leavold mghit have had a slight edge, because he got some better shot in there, but macangus came back with a few punches and then they fell down.

Yes, that WAS Big Ern, and no, they don't allow air horns. I didn't hear anyone saying "retard" or I would have stabbed back. Anyway, so it goes. I take losses very well. I hope Pats fans noticed that. I make a whole hell of a lot of noise for my team. I hope they noticed that too. I had a great time...too bad we lost. We'll win next time.
As for fights, the Pats are sissys. They don't drop their helmets. Not one of them did. I don't like that. If you're going to scrap, take the punches in the chin. Our guys did fine. I'm proud of 'em. LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

Fight Guy
03-08-2007, 02:31 AM
Yes, that WAS Big Ern, and no, they don't allow air horns. I didn't hear anyone saying "retard" or I would have stabbed back. Anyway, so it goes. I take losses very well. I hope Pats fans noticed that. I make a whole hell of a lot of noise for my team. I hope they noticed that too. I had a great time...too bad we lost. We'll win next time.
As for fights, the Pats are sissys. They don't drop their helmets. Not one of them did. I don't like that. If you're going to scrap, take the punches in the chin. Our guys did fine. I'm proud of 'em. LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!No Broncos did either. They all got knocked off by a Pat. In that type of fight, it's up to the opponent to get it off you.

Toswammi
03-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Just cause no one asked here is my fight recap.

Rumsey vs Ross- Ross sends Bortis i believe in the boards funny as Rummer steps in. Not a lot thrown, although a few Pat fans around us thought it was wrong for Rummer to step in. For those think about it if it happened to your team i guess.

Brady vs MacAngus - Mac lowers the bang on Leo (while he was off balance) both get up make dinner plans i guess then go at it. Back and forth nothing huge lands. Brady ends up on top.

RJ vs Elder - Have to admit didnt see this until the end when RJ and Elder where basically clinched up. Sorry no recap here

Schendo vs Stoesz - Scrum in front at the end of the game. Stoesz finds Wudrick and Schendo finds Myles. They seperate Stoesz fires a few shots before Schendos gloves come off. Then they go back and forth. I guess Stoesz wins this? I guess he rightfully should all things considered after all he didnt exactly find someone that resemebles a heavy.

ointhecreek
03-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Schendo vs Stoesz - Scrum in front at the end of the game. Stoesz finds Wudrick and Schendo finds Myles. They seperate Stoesz fires a few shots before Schendos gloves come off. Then they go back and forth. I guess Stoesz wins this? I guess he rightfully should all things considered after all he didnt exactly find someone that resemebles a heavy.
He won't drop them with Klotz because its a waste of time, but he'll grab a rookie in Wudrick? Strange. :confused:

Link Dog
03-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Seems to me he did the same thing when he was with the Chiefs and Spokane played here, picked out "tough guy" Andrew Wasmuth and scrapped him. Looks like he'll only fight opponents he picks. Enjoyed watching Boogaard feed it to him on Feb. 27, maybe that's why he picks his dance partners.

ointhecreek
03-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Seems to me he did the same thing when he was with the Chiefs and Spokane played here, picked out "tough guy" Andrew Wasmuth and scrapped him. Looks like he'll only fight opponents he picks. Enjoyed watching Boogaard feed it to him on Feb. 27, maybe that's why he picks his dance partners.
Ahhh, yes, the famous Wasmuth fight. Beat him over the head with his own helmet. Wouldn't go with Benke in the corner. Let 3 other guys jump him instead.