PDA

View Full Version : Sell Out?

Scout
03-09-2007, 08:44 AM
They are saying tonights game against the Hat will be a complete sell-out and could be the biggest crowd of the year. Lets hope most are Bronco fans and not Tiger fans. Should be a good one. Dorsett is out with a broken hand so no rematch with Leovold.

Scout

Big Ern
03-09-2007, 09:40 AM
They are saying tonights game against the Hat will be a complete sell-out and could be the biggest crowd of the year. Lets hope most are Bronco fans and not Tiger fans. Should be a good one. Dorsett is out with a broken hand so no rematch with Leovold.

Scout

I heard that there were only 400 tix available to sell on Tuesday night already. Up to that point, there were none sold to Tiger fans yet. I hope they didn't get in on the last 400.

Scout
03-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Not a ticket left for tonights match-up against Medicine Hat. The game is 100% sold out. No walk up, no nothing, not a ticket to be had.

Scout

d-man
03-09-2007, 06:49 PM
T Dorsett is out with a broken hand so no rematch with Leovold.

Scout

Wouldn't mind seeing Leavold settle his lobby argument with Stevens

Johnsy05
03-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing Leavold settle his lobby argument with Stevens

I believe that lobby arguement was with Ryan white of calgary and seeing as how they don't play each other again i don't see that happening... Maybe in the offseason ;)

d-man
03-10-2007, 11:39 AM
I believe that lobby arguement was with Ryan white of calgary and seeing as how they don't play each other again i don't see that happening... Maybe in the offseason ;)

You're right, my mistake. The boys stayed pretty composed last night and got the job done on the scoreboard.

Toswammi
03-10-2007, 03:11 PM
I was hearing throughout the night that some ppl from the Hat made the trip down only to be denied at the door. Guess next time they might have to call in just in case we have minor hockey and a bank selling tickets for the game.

Scout
03-10-2007, 05:12 PM
I was near the door when some came in and were told the game was sold out and they left. I was also told that by 7 o'clock over 200 walk ins were turned away. Be nice to hear how many more came in between 7 - 7:30 and were turned away. The best part was alot of those fans are not regular fans and were treated to a great game and hopefully saw how good the hockey team can play and will return.

Scout

Big Ern
03-11-2007, 01:20 AM
I was near the door when some came in and were told the game was sold out and they left. I was also told that by 7 o'clock over 200 walk ins were turned away. Be nice to hear how many more came in between 7 - 7:30 and were turned away. The best part was alot of those fans are not regular fans and were treated to a great game and hopefully saw how good the hockey team can play and will return.

Scout

It was the first ever completely sold out crowd since 1993, which makes it officially the biggest crowd in 14 years. Way to go Swifty!! Let's do it again!

Flathead
03-11-2007, 02:32 AM
Why did they turn people away ? This is the first time I've ever heard of them turning people away. I know there's limits due to fire regulations and what not. But I can remember years ago fans where lined up along the walls in the ends, sitting on the stairs in the aisles, and standing three rows deep along the railings. We've had WAY bigger crowds than Friday night, they would always just announce a sell out, but it didn't take a rocket scientist to see that there were over 3000 people there. Was the fire marshall in the stands, or did we get a stiff warning about not going over?

Toswammi
03-11-2007, 02:51 AM
Why did they turn people away ? This is the first time I've ever heard of them turning people away. I know there's limits due to fire regulations and what not. But I can remember years ago fans where lined up along the walls in the ends, sitting on the stairs in the aisles, and standing three rows deep along the railings. We've had WAY bigger crowds than Friday night, they would always just announce a sell out, but it didn't take a rocket scientist to see that there were over 3000 people there. Was the fire marshall in the stands, or did we get a stiff warning about not going over?
With the consruction going on in and aroudn the building they made sure that they didnt go over too much. That is why they turned ppl away. In hind sight it makes sense.

ointhecreek
03-11-2007, 09:26 AM
It was the first ever completely sold out crowd since 1993, which makes it officially the biggest crowd in 14 years. Way to go Swifty!! Let's do it again!
I think this is deceiving. I know I've seen bigger crowds. Like flathead said, they have been 3 deep along the rails and before they extended the length of the ice they were 3 or 4 deep on both ends of the rink. The tickets may have been sold but i saw a lot of empty seats on the north side. Either way it was a big crowd for these times of the smaller crowd norms in Swift. I think we had just about as many people there last night, good to see. Good game to watch. :clap:

Flathead
03-11-2007, 05:29 PM
With the consruction going on in and aroudn the building they made sure that they didnt go over too much. That is why they turned ppl away. In hind sight it makes sense.
Makes sense, thank you.

dubfan
03-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Hopefully with the way the team is playing and prospect for good teams in the next 3 years as well it will be great to draw that same 3000 people to the new and improved CCC, wont that be great!