View Full Version : Tigers vs Swift thoughts

Tiger Trauma
03-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Derek Dorsett was out with a broken knuckle
Darren Helm was a healthy scratch i beleive
Mark isherwood was a healthy scratch

Positives
-Holfeld played a good game
-Was able to keep a flurry of bronco activity to only 2 goals +1 ugly goal in ot
-3rd and 4th lines got lots of ice time
-trevor glass looked good in his first game back
-Able to tie the game with under a minute left, on a 6 on 4.
-Russell, and sauer logged tons of ice time

Negatives
-Passing was lacklustre
-Not alot of offensive chances
-Had a little trouble getting out of our end at times

The bronco's played a real strong game, had the atmosphere of a playoff game. I thought for the most part the bronco's were the better team tonight, and deserved the extra point in overtime. The tigers were a little flat at times. The tigers have shown they can turn thier game up an any moment, but when the opposition is finishing thier checks, the tigers seem to back down a bit.

Fisticuffs
-Shayne brown vs Molle
-Started out with both players chuckin em, Molle then got the edge and gave a few more punches to brown, while brown tried to hold on. Molle then got the takedown landing a flurry of punches as the went down
Decision:Molle

Big Ern
03-10-2007, 12:57 AM
It was an awesome game, plus our biggest crowd in FOUR YEARS!!! It was completely sold out! And what an atmosphere!

I was glad Swift came out with the OT winner, even though it was ugly. They all count. That penalty in the last minute was almost the biggest horsesh*t call I have ever seen. Officiating edge: TIGERS Anyhow, great game, and thanks to the few Tiger fans in attendance, for making the trip.

ointhecreek
03-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Quite a few empty seats for a sold out game. Must have been people that bought tickets that didn't show up. Missed a good game. Where did you get the stats for biggest crowd in four years?. I find that hard to believe. I would say we had a bigger crowd when we played the Tigers in last years playoffs. There were quite a few empty seats in Section P and a few around me to. Good fairly noisy crowd though and I think the guys fed off it.

Big Ern
03-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Quite a few empty seats for a sold out game. Must have been people that bought tickets that didn't show up. Missed a good game. Where did you get the stats for biggest crowd in four years?. I find that hard to believe. I would say we had a bigger crowd when we played the Tigers in last years playoffs. There were quite a few empty seats in Section P and a few around me to. Good fairly noisy crowd though and I think the guys fed off it.

Attendance: 2453 No, we did not have that many in last year's playoffs. I read on Keen's blog, it's the biggest crowd in six years. Fact is, people were turned away at the door, because the rink was illegally filled. That hasn't happened in YEARS! I'm glad it did happen last night. Our guys deserve it.