PDA

View Full Version : Preferred First round opponent?

Beaner
03-10-2007, 01:13 AM
So who would you rather play in the first round?

Kelowna 4 games left, and Chilliwack 5 games left are both tied with 49 points.

Sput
03-10-2007, 01:14 AM
I know who Kamloops ISN'T looking forward to playing :D yeehoo

Beaner
03-10-2007, 01:21 AM
I know who Kamloops ISN'T looking forward to playing :D yeehoo

LOL.

I'm glad its them and not us facing the Cougars.

GF71
03-10-2007, 01:25 AM
It doesn't really matter...the Giants will take either easily. I would prefer the Bruins though...it will help to build the already healthy rivalry! :D

Kassian
03-10-2007, 04:21 AM
Definitely Chilliwack. The Giants will beat either team but Kelowna is a better defensive team. And if they get good goaltending Kelowna could steal a game. That being said, I don't see the Giants losing any games to the Bruins.

Knuckles Muldoon
03-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Chilliwack. Kelowna would put up a better fight and probably keep the games in doubt until the third period. And Jung has shown he can play extremely well against the Giants. No Bruin goalie could say the same. As well, the Giants could sleep in their own beds every night and the travel is almost nothing. The building a rivalry thing is a good reason, too. Besides, what Giants fan wouldn't mind seeing the Rockets sitting it out this year?

N.W. Bruin
03-10-2007, 12:26 PM
It would be kind of nice to see all the games in the series. Even though there likely is going to be only four (maybe five if Espo can steal one). Hopefully it doesn't come down to a tiebreaker game between the two.

The playoff experience that the Bruins will get will benefit them even if blown out. Heck the Giants were swept in their first playoff series by Kelowna and there were several blowouts including the 10 - 0 game.

old_time_hockey
03-11-2007, 01:52 PM
I voted for the Bruins.

I just hope they show up and at least make it interesting rather than 6-1 and 8-0 blowouts. That is why I was sort of leaning on picking the Rockets.

But I think building a rivalry between these 2 teams is good not only for the teams, but the league.

Swando
03-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Last nights game was a true testament as to how dangerous the Kelowna Rockets can be. A bounce here or there and they take a 2-0 lead and the Giants are really pressing. In the game they lost earlier to the Rockets it was the same way. I take the Bruins for an easier series and take the Rockets for a more entertaining series.

Priceisright
03-11-2007, 07:57 PM
I think Chilliwack can clinch 4th with a win and a Kelowna loss. As of right this minute...Chilliwack losing 2-1 to Seattle and Kelowna losing 5-0 to TriCities YIKES!

I guess it sure looks like Chilliwack in first round. It will be nice for the guys to have a short trip up the highway for games 3 and 4.

Hell I might even go. That new building looks pretty nice. :)

dondo
03-11-2007, 08:27 PM
CWK/Seattle 3-3 right now - Chilli out-shooting the T-Birds 26-19 currently -- Espo in goal.

Priceisright
03-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Chilliwack up 3pts with 2 games left for both teams. yeehoo yeehoo

N.W. Bruin
03-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Chilliwack up 3pts with 2 games left for both teams. yeehoo yeehoo

Bruins play at home against Spokane on Wednesday, Saturday at home against Kamloops and Sunday at home against Vancouver. Magic number is now 2 points (any combination of Bruins points earned or Rocket points lost) means Bruins are in the playoffs. 1 point to get to the tiebreaker.

Coyote14
03-11-2007, 09:01 PM
The people on this forum are watching the race more than the people actually in it haha. Even if Chilliwack loses its 3 remaining games, I don't think Kelowna is really expected to win both of theirs.

N.W. Bruin
03-11-2007, 09:10 PM
The people on this forum are watching the race more than the people actually in it haha. Even if Chilliwack loses its 3 remaining games, I don't think Kelowna is really expected to win both of theirs.

Rockets might be able to split the games (Kamloops is very likely their win). But that is it.

giants_girl
03-11-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm going to say Chilliwack because i think they deserve to be in the playoffs because they've beaten some really good teams, Like Everett and Med Hat.

Priceisright
03-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Hmm to me it seems both Kelowna and Chilliwack really haven't been playing with any type of urgency. Granted, I haven't seen any of the past 5-10 games but Chilliwack and Kelowns were dreadful against the Giants.

My betting is though the Chill V Giants series will be closer than the regular season scores. :)

Soundy
03-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Bruins... playoffs... first year in the league... you telling me they aren't gonna be PUMPED? I agree, I think this is gonna be a lot tighter than the regular-season series or scores. Give the 'wack about 100:1 odds of winning the series, and 50:1 of even taking it to 7 games, but I still expect they'll put up a good fight.

Sunday's game will tell a lot - whether they come out hard to set the tone and send a message that they won't be pushovers, or just try to slack it through.

And really, this is the best matchup the league could have hoped for for both these teams - the Giants and Chilliwack are each others' main rivals, location-wise, so a first-round playoff matchup will be huge.

BruinsFan19
03-16-2007, 10:03 PM
It's gonna be great!

I hate all of you a little bit more already :wave: