PDA

View Full Version : "Give 'er" or "Give up" - what's it gonna be?

Five Hole
03-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Are we gonna roll or just roll over?
Well, it's crunch time... 4 games left...somehow (hard to believe) we're still holding the last playoff spot. With an absolutely brutal record.
I guess this week will tell how bad we want it. Starting tonight against Swift who are coming off 2 big wins, and kickin' our butts all year.
Hopefully some pride will kick in. Surely these guys WANT to make the playoffs. Even if you don't make any noise, you still gotta want to be there!
I figure we need 5 points in our last 4 games to get in.

Jeez, Anholt's gotta be close to a meltdown by now Boogaard'd If we don't get in after the comfortable positioning we had a while back, somebody's gotta answer for it. Any guesses who'd be close to the top of the list, with contract renewal coming up? From his standpoint, at least 2 games of playoff revenue would certainly help the bottom line.
I know we weren't expected to even make the playoffs at the start of the year, but let's not fold our tents now guys..... we control our own fate right now..
let's see some heart out there Raiders! :thumb:

Zookeeper
03-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Ya, I agree with you Fan17, Deckert needs his "A" game tonight and keep the bad goals out. He is not all to blame, he's been making some outstanding saves, with out him, we would be losing by a much bigger margin than we are already. We need to win tonight or I think the season is done. MJ has been on a roll lately and they will be tough to hold off.

Dwight Schrute
03-11-2007, 06:14 PM
honestly i say start aime
why ? show some faith and confidence in him, shake things up.

Drop em' eh
03-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Good effort, some really good saves by Deckert. we should have been tied at the end.. BUT... i don't like to make excuses or lay blame when it comes to officiating...BUT...

WHAT THE HELL WAS WITH THOSE 3 PENALTY CALLS IN THE THIRD PERIOD?!?!? :mad: UNBELEIVABLE!!!!! NO WAY SHOULD ANY OF THOSE BEEN A PENALTY CALL!! THE @#!*#!! REFEREE DEFINITLY DECIDED THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME!!! I AM SO FREAKIN' PISSED AT THAT REF !! :mad:
:burningma

Zookeeper
03-11-2007, 09:08 PM
1st star the ref, nothing more needs to be said...........

Knuckle Chucker
03-11-2007, 09:28 PM
1st star the ref, nothing more needs to be said...........

That ref was an ass clown :burningma

hobster
03-11-2007, 10:02 PM
maybe swift just wanted it more can't blame that one on the refs bud

Zookeeper
03-11-2007, 10:23 PM
maybe swift just wanted it more can't blame that one on the refs bud

I see you must of not been at the game or went to the washroom when all the penalties were called against the Raiders. Two players going for the puck hit each other and the Broncos player falls down so the Raiders get a penalty??????? A hit on the boards and is called for charging. Sure the Raiders had a few opportunnites in the game but it is hard to play against the ref and the other team. How can you say Swift wanted it more, they are in the playoffs already and the Raiders are just hanging in there.

hobster
03-11-2007, 11:01 PM
well if that was the case it all evens out in the end of the year the shoe just happened to be on the wrong side tonight i guess :thumb:

raider guy
03-12-2007, 09:16 AM
hey hobster, if you were at the game you would know the reffing was poor when gross a smaller guy gets a charging call on a guy 6'3 , that doesnt usually happen, the reffing was terrible last night and everyone in the building knew it including the swift current team

Toswammi
03-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Yeah the 5-3 was brutal, both calls were bad. With that said i expected the Raiders to take advantage of a Swift team that is playing its third game in three days and with a depleted lineup (9 forward dressed) and missing two top liners. Well PA, time to start cheering for the Broncos, rest of our games are against MJ

patsdude114
03-12-2007, 10:51 AM
doesnt matter if u hit the guy or just miss him if u r charging at a guy to hammer him through the boards the ref can call it charging even if u miss the player

Bran
03-12-2007, 12:07 PM
I won't comment on this particular incident, since I didn't see it...but the size of the players involved shouldn't make a difference. Charging is charging, I don't care who you are or how big you are. Look at a guy like Garet Hunt...not a big guy by any means, but I bet he could do some real damage. You can't make a call based on the size of the players.

Knuckle Chucker
03-12-2007, 04:32 PM
It looked like Mercier (the ref) was trying to establish himself. He did........as an ass clown :dead:

Dwight Schrute
03-14-2007, 05:26 PM
well its time to lose the skirts and get on the ball.
has anyone seen andy smith centering depape and robertson ? i just thought it might make a decent line.
4 wins out of the last 20 games. if there aint 60 min of hard nosed solid effort i for one will be pretty dissapointed.

hobster
03-14-2007, 09:49 PM
knock knock knock the, blades and warriors, are at your door waiting to come in and take your playoffs away. should make for a good weekend good job blades applause .

Five Hole
03-14-2007, 10:06 PM
knock knock knock the, blades and warriors, are at your door waiting to come in and take your playoffs away. should make for a good weekend good job blades applause .

True enough, but we just gotta split with you guys and we're in, unless MJ can beat Swift twice.. I like our chances, even given we've not been winning lately yeehoo

I'd say Friday is pretty critical!

hobster
03-14-2007, 10:16 PM
If the blades win on friday it will make for a huge game on saturday... I just hope if the blades win on friday they don't were those stuppid st.patricks day jersey's like they ussiually do.

Zookeeper
03-14-2007, 10:20 PM
well its time to lose the skirts and get on the ball.
has anyone seen andy smith centering depape and robertson ? i just thought it might make a decent line.
4 wins out of the last 20 games. if there aint 60 min of hard nosed solid effort i for one will be pretty dissapointed.

Raiders played a solid game tonight but had one huge mistake in the last 2 minutes of the game and a breakaway goal is the winner. I guess it was not a FULL 60 mins tonight and it cost them a point and maybe 2. Friday will be a nailbiter.

Zookeeper
03-14-2007, 11:21 PM
How could they miss that call and not call it, it was plain as can be. The Regina player was 20 feet from the bench when his team mate touched the puck. Another poor call by the refs/linesmenwe can't blame it on the refs this game, we need to score more than 1 or 2 goals a game to win. Deckert kept his team in the game again, without him, the score would of been more like 4-1 or 5-1.

Dwight Schrute
03-15-2007, 01:41 AM
Im kinda at a cross roads. I realize that we dont really have a chance at Brandon and I sure like the idea of having a top 5 pick
and also missing the playoffs and going on a 4-17 freefall at the end of the season woud probably cost anholt and clark their jobs. seeing as their contracts are up at year end

ProStaff
03-15-2007, 06:28 AM
It is funny how you Raider Fans blam the Ref's all the time for your losses! Yet if a Blades Fan does it you guy's are all over them! Why is that? come on you guy's get real!

Drop em' eh
03-15-2007, 07:55 AM
It is funny how you Raider Fans blam the Ref's all the time for your losses! Yet if a Blades Fan does it you guy's are all over them! Why is that? come on you guy's get real!

Thats cuz we don't like you! haha

We did'nt lose tonight because of the reffing, unlike the swift game where the reffing did play a huge part in the outcome. Granted they missed a few tonite against regina, but that loss was our own fault for not paying attention to defense with less than 2 minutes to go. No way our defence should have been caught up ice like that at that point in the game. Too bad, again! For the third game in a row we should have been tied at the end of regulation. (Brandon - disallowed tying goal in the 3rd, Swift - refs in the 3rd, Pats - our fault in the 3rd).

Bring on the Blades!! ;)

dancing pi GO dancing pi RAIDERS dancing pi GO ! dancing pi

ProStaff
03-16-2007, 12:26 AM
I said it didnt help ... and obviously it didnt help because they scored the winning foal on the play. havent seen you around forever prostaff, a little bit of a fair weather fan I see
What does me not being around have to do anything Raider Fan17 I just joined a few months ago, so you mean to tell me I need to post a 1000 times before I can post an observation, Your a so called moderator, why don't you act like one. All I am saying if a Blade fan blams a ref for the loss, he gets bashed, but if a Raider fan blams a ref for the loss he is a hero! how does that work!

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-16-2007, 08:58 AM
If I was a Raider fan I would be worried,because the Raiders have not been playing too well as of late and the Blades have all the confidence/momentum that they need for this weekend,and Justin McCrae might be able to play this weekend too.

Obviously Brad Cole,Ryan Menei,Joe Logan and the rest of the team do not want to go home early(but especially those 3 guys) They want to make the playoffs,and extend the season(for how ever long that may be remains to be seen) It all comes down to who wants it more? Blades? or Raiders? This weekend will tell us that.

I think that the Raider will ride Deckert this weekend and the Blades might do the same with Holtby(if they want to win) and obviously that answer is YES

Anyways good luck too both team, and may the best team win.

Knuckle Chucker
03-16-2007, 02:54 PM
If I was a Raider fan I would be worried,because the Raiders have not been playing too well as of late and the Blades have all the confidence/momentum that they need for this weekend,and Justin McCrae might be able to play this weekend too.

Obviously Brad Cole,Ryan Menei,Joe Logan and the rest of the team do not want to go home early(but especially those 3 guys) They want to make the playoffs,and extend the season(for how ever long that may be remains to be seen) It all comes down to who wants it more? Blades? or Raiders? This weekend will tell us that.

I think that the Raider will ride Deckert this weekend and the Blades might do the same with Holtby(if they want to win) and obviously that answer is YES

Anyways good luck too both team, and may the best team win.

Don't worry about us. You have enough to worry about since you cheer for the Blades and the Leafs

Five Hole
03-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Don't worry about us. You have enough to worry about since you cheer for the Blades and the Leafs

:laugh: and there ain't nothin' more optimistic when they have no reason to be, than a Leafs fan! Been that way since '67.. last time they won the Cup... haha
...well, that and a Blades fan that thinks they're on a roll....
hey, all in good fun... like somebody else said, whoever gets the last spot deserves it.... I think it's gonna be the Raiders....but, if for some reason it isn't, then we sure as hell don't deserve it!! Boogaard'd

Dwight Schrute
03-16-2007, 05:15 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
haha that was great KC.

anybody going to the game in stoon on saturday night. i'll be there since i live here lol.

Dwight Schrute
03-17-2007, 02:19 PM
i must be a good fan if im ditching the st patty's day party at my house for a bit to go to the game lol. hope to see lots of raider fans there i'll be in section e

Sabes
03-17-2007, 03:14 PM
The game is on Shaw for anyone that isn't going to S'toon

Knuckle Chucker
03-17-2007, 04:36 PM
No Gauthier vs. Klotz tonight as Mike has told me he is not in the lineup. He has 2 game misconducts this year and one more in the regular season would cause him to be suspended for a chunk of the playoffs.

I can tell you that the players hold Vann in high reguard for the fact that he is not scared of anyone

Blades 4 Life!
03-17-2007, 04:45 PM
No Gauthier vs. Klotz tonight as Mike has told me he is not in the lineup. He has 2 game misconducts this year and one more in the regular season would cause him to be suspended for a chunk of the playoffs.

I can tell you that the players hold Vann in high reguard for the fact that he is not scared of anyone

Ya I figured that P.A would rest there star players. Thats a good idea though, why would you want to risk something happening to you star players.

BantamDraft
03-17-2007, 06:35 PM
3-13-1 record for the Raiders in the past 17. Outscored 72-40 punk rock ....Good luck vs Brandon!

Five Hole
03-17-2007, 06:46 PM
3-13-1 record for the Raiders in the past 17. Outscored 72-40 punk rock ....Good luck vs Brandon!

Hey, they won enough games to be there...that's all that really matters yeehoo
Just being in the playoffs for a young team like this will be a valuable experience, regardless of the outcome. They'll play hard, and they'll be a better team in the long run for just having the experience, as opposed to being on the outside looking in. ANY player would choose that if they could.
Might be a surprise or two in there, you just never know :D

BantamDraft
03-17-2007, 06:50 PM
The Raiders aren't that young, what are you talking about? They are about average as far as age of teams is concerned!!! yeehoo

BantamDraft
03-17-2007, 06:50 PM
I'll bet my house the Raiders won't beat Brandon in the playoffs this year. Just be happy to see 2 more home games cause that is all you'll see.

hobster
03-17-2007, 07:31 PM
pay back is a you know what as the blades are winning 2-0 allready call it revenge yeehoo pbj pbj

Five Hole
03-17-2007, 07:33 PM
I'll bet my house the Raiders won't beat Brandon in the playoffs this year. .

I had a house like that once. Then I got a job :laugh:

Drop em' eh
03-17-2007, 07:39 PM

:laugh: And you guys still could'nt catch us!! haha

The youngest team in the East, the Raiders did way better than anyone predicted yeehoo

your posts reek of jealousy, can't say I blame you for being jealous of the Raider fans.

yeehoo CUZ WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS, AND YOU'RE NOT!! yeehoo

dancing pi GO dancing pi RAIDERS dancing pi GO !! dancing pi

hobster
03-17-2007, 07:41 PM
what were doing is sending a message for next year :laugh: that us the youngest team in the east well dominate you guys next year

Five Hole
03-17-2007, 07:41 PM
pay back is a you know what as the blades are winning 2-0 allready call it revenge yeehoo pbj pbj

yep, Blades are playing well tonight...
and MJ is 3 up on Swift......
when you can't do it when it counts, is it really revenge??

hobster
03-17-2007, 07:43 PM
2 extra home games you guys get have fun with that brandon will win every game by atleast 4 goals or more go wheaties go pbj pbj pbj

Drop em' eh
03-17-2007, 07:44 PM

tonights game means absolutely nothing to us, :thumb:

:laugh: CUZ WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS AND YOU'RE NOT !! yeehoo

we have changed our line up in case you have'nt noticed Boogaard'd

hobster
03-17-2007, 07:46 PM
thats ok the blades have no gillies no funk and no visnak 5 d-man and no 19 year olds in our lineup how are you guys losing to the youngest team in the league Boogaard'd

Five Hole
03-17-2007, 07:52 PM
like Gillies would make a diff..... there's a guy with the proven ability to change the outcome of a lot of games.....NOT

Sabes
03-17-2007, 08:02 PM
what were doing is sending a message for next year :laugh: that us the youngest team in the east well dominate you guys next year

Who else is going to score goals besides Hulak next year? Menei is gone. Our top 3 goal scorers are all returning including Robertson and his 37. After Menei Hulak had the most goals with 18.

BantamDraft
03-17-2007, 08:07 PM
The Raiders will be losing their top 2 dmen to the AHL and they had the worst defense in the conference this year....That proves disaster. Championships start on the blueline and I'm affraid the Raiders don't really have anything coming up on defense either. Palazzo didn't turn out and Tendler is Tender!

BantamDraft
03-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Listen Moderator! Gauthier will go pro, and the rest of the defense are pluggers. Face it, Defense is a team game and although the Raiders may have a couple guys like Depape and Robertson who can score. None of the forwards can play a 2-way game..Face it.

BantamDraft
03-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Not from Prince Albert there isn't. The Raiders let up the most goals in the Conference!!!

hobster
03-17-2007, 08:54 PM
robertson is a weak version of brendl very weak haha props to depape thats all

Sabes
03-17-2007, 09:04 PM
robertson is a weak version of brendl very weak haha props to depape thats all

Even if that was true Brendl is one of the best players from the WHL in the last 10 years. If Robertson can be compared to him then thats great. We are talking WHL here, and if he fizzles out and don't make it as a pro at least he was still a good WHL player.

BantamDraft
03-17-2007, 09:13 PM
what are you talking about? Les never once said he was "mad". The color guy said he doesn't know what gets into these 17 yr olds heads is all.

Shortys
03-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Hey, they won enough games to be there...that's all that really matters yeehoo
Just being in the playoffs for a young team like this will be a valuable experience, regardless of the outcome. They'll play hard, and they'll be a better team in the long run for just having the experience, as opposed to being on the outside looking in. ANY player would choose that if they could.
Might be a surprise or two in there, you just never know :D

I agree Five Hole, even though I know the Raiders will loose out in the first round it will be very valuable to experience for the raiders. I just wish it was the Blades instead!! We will have your number next year though! :D

hobster
03-17-2007, 10:20 PM
good to see some 20,s like cole and menei are going pro

Shortys
03-17-2007, 10:30 PM
good to see some 20,s like cole and menei are going pro

Yes. Brad will have a definate future in the NHL in the years to come, in the post game show he said he was working on a deal in the AHL for now. And Menei said he was working on a deal to play pro in Europe. Gotta keep trak of their play and stats in the years to come!

Blades 4 Life!
03-17-2007, 10:32 PM
I don't see a problem with goalie fights. They are so entertaining. Aime called on Zemlak twice. The first was when Aime just clearly called Zemlak on but Zemlak didn't and the secong time was when Zemlak got ran over and Aime shot the puck down the ice towards the net. It would have been nice to see a goalie fight but whatever. Klotz Klotz Klotz.... He needs to think before he acts. at the end of the second period there was alot of talking between both teams and Klotz made a cutting throat gesture and got a game misconduct. Good game in all.

Knuckle Chucker
03-17-2007, 11:32 PM
12 Matt Robertson 69 37 27 64 +8
14 Justin McCrae 61 16 33 49 -3
17 Derek Hulak (total) 50 18 18 36
18 Colton Gillies 65 13 17 30

of your best guys his age the closest goal producer is Hulak and he doesnt even have half the goals , not to mention the plus 8 anybody on your team even have a sniff of that?

Don't confuse them with facts. If the bubble bursts the oxygen runs out :laugh: :laugh:

hobster
03-17-2007, 11:34 PM
if we can get guys like cole and a menei next year i will be very happy those 2 guys were so good for us logan isn't a big loss bu still i think we can get a guy like a sauer off of med hat and even a dittmer off of brandon and merkley those would be good guys for us

Knuckle Chucker
03-17-2007, 11:39 PM

I feel for you son. When you cheer for the team you do you have to savour every victory....Even when it means nothing and it is against the team that just knocked you out of the playoffs and had a 8-2 record against you.

Knuckle Chucker
03-17-2007, 11:41 PM
if we can get guys like cole and a menei next year i will be very happy those 2 guys were so good for us logan isn't a big loss bu still i think we can get a guy like a sauer off of med hat and even a dittmer off of brandon and merkley those would be good guys for us

Do you think those teams are just going to give you those players because they feel sorry for the Blades????

hobster
03-17-2007, 11:56 PM
i don't know if you remember the blades had a outstanding record against you last year it happends from time to time we beat swift alot and you guys didn't it's just the way it goe's from time to time

Dwight Schrute
03-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Cole is very good. I bet there were so teams trying to get him at the deadline. Iknow this is going to hurt some blades fans but he is very similar to Gauthier...and perhaps Rumsey
very very similiar to fritshaw especially in their overage seasons

Dwight Schrute
03-18-2007, 02:48 PM
I don't see a problem with goalie fights. They are so entertaining. Aime called on Zemlak twice. The first was when Aime just clearly called Zemlak on but Zemlak didn't and the secong time was when Zemlak got ran over and Aime shot the puck down the ice towards the net. It would have been nice to see a goalie fight but whatever. Klotz Klotz Klotz.... He needs to think before he acts. at the end of the second period there was alot of talking between both teams and Klotz made a cutting throat gesture and got a game misconduct. Good game in all.
that was retarded of him. possible suspension could carry into next year if he has a roster spot. best part of the whole exchange was palazzo beaking and mocking him it was hilarious to see