PDA

View Full Version : Gillies charging

hobster
03-11-2007, 02:29 PM
I think Gillies is a really good power foward. But latly he has been charging the opisition goaltenders and is starting to hit guys from behind,, and it is really costing the blades late in the season.

howley
03-11-2007, 04:35 PM
"starting" to hit guys from behind. If by starting you this whole year?

Dwight Schrute
03-11-2007, 06:24 PM
i havent been shy about my comments on gillies hits from behind, and cant figure out why the blades applaud it by nameing and replaying them as the "hit of the game". i just pray the canucks dont draft him

Tidball
03-11-2007, 10:04 PM
i havent been shy about my comments on gillies hits from behind, and cant figure out why the blades applaud it by nameing and replaying them as the "hit of the game". i just pray the canucks dont draft him

I agree with you on that. I dont like how the hit of the game is Gillies hitting a guy from behind then getting a penalty.

I would much rather have 1 of Sam Klassens "bulldozer" type hits he uses when he pinches up on the play, he has some tactic where he knows how to just run right over people, hes not even that big. That should be the hit of the game instead of Gillies hitting a guy head first into the boards.

thats like giving Chris Simon the hit of the game in New York.... Sad thing is i saw fans appluad the slash... Terrible. :confused: