PDA

View Full Version : Throat Protectors On Goalies

Junkie
03-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Scott Bowles wears one but Real Cyr does not. I cringe every time I see a shot going high on Cyr! Most of the WHL goalies are not old enough to remember the NHL goalies that have been injured in the past - the reason they came out with throat protectors.

Our trainer said Cyr does wear a throat protector for practice but not in games because he finds it distracting. I said "better distracted than seriously injured".

I had a chance to talk with Real the other day and voiced my concerns to him. Another fan agreed that it scares us to death that he does not wear a throat protector. He did apologize for upsetting us but did not agree to start wearing it.

In PG, all the kids in minor hockey have to wear a throat protector. I think they should be mandatory for all goalies.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? :confused:

My apologies if this issue has already been discussed - I'm fairly new to this site.

SectionNDeserter
03-11-2007, 08:47 PM
I cringe every time I see a shot going high on Cyr!
Clint Malarchuk Incident (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT4PenDwiPo) (Not for the Squeamish)

I think that getting hit by the puck is the least of his worries. If he can watch that video and still not wear a neck protector, there is something wrong with him.