PDA

View Full Version : Canes are whiners

hockey4
03-11-2007, 11:37 PM
and i quote from the lethbridge herald.
“It’s disappointing because they are going to go to the playoffs and deep down I really feel we’re a much better hockey team than they are,” Hurricanes forward Kyle Bailey said after another vintage gritty effort that produced a pair of goals. “I think the season series shows that and if we play five-on-five for 60 minutes tonight, it’s probably a lopsided score in our favour is my guess.”

“That’s how I was trying to plead my case to the refs when I was talking to them, that’s basically all I said, it wasn’t about complaining about calls,” the 20-year-old Bailey said. “Everyone knows our backs are against the wall in this game, why not let us . . . if we’re going to lose, let them beat us, we didn’t want the refs to beat us tonight.”

my god. if you guys are such a better team, then why are you eight points back right now. Good teams dont lose to pa, mj, and sask in the last 7 games to decide your playoff fate. Give credit where credit is due.

And what because you guys are behind us in the standings you supposed to get breaks from the refs. red deer came into this game 6 points up, its not like we were tied and this game decided playoffs. and we did beat you guys tonight. our pp was better than you pk (19th ranked), so if u want to improve your chances, be better on the pk.

loudi94
03-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Seeing as no one else may reply to you I might add that you missed a few quotes:

Hurricanes head coach Michael Dyck said they did not react as well as they could have to the situation.
Forward Zach Boychuk agreed.
“All of us have got to be held responsible for our actions and a lot of guys were hollering at the refs, including the coaching staff, so obviously we should have calmed down a little more than we did,” he said.

hockey4
03-12-2007, 12:20 AM
u forgot the first part of dyck's quote:
I’ve got to be honest with you, I thought the refereeing, to put it as politely as possible, was one-sided,” Hurricanes head coach Michael Dyck said, agreeing they did not react as well as they could have to the situation.

there, so the coach, as well the the "most popular player to the fans" (Bailey) both have the same thoughts, so im gonna assume there speaking for the rest of the team. like in no way did they ever say, "the rebels were playing there third game in three nights and should be given credit for putting the game awya in the third when they should have been tired.

moon
03-12-2007, 12:26 AM
They got a nice rest in the second when the refs handed them BS PP after PP.

The Canes were frustrated with the way the season went, ran into some garbage officiating and felt that they were a better team. They are supposed to think they are the better team. It isn't like Red Deer blew them away in the standings or dominated the season series.

I don't see the whinning in the comments. They said they wanted the opportunity to play Red Deer straight up without the officials taking over the game.

Its unfortunate that the refs played such a crucial, and awful, role in this game. Red Deer would have made the play-offs regardless of this game or the crappy officials calls, but that doesn't take away from the fact that on this night the Canes rightfully feel the refs took the slim chance they had.

I have been critical of the Rebels based on this game, but I still think they deserve to go to the play-offs. I just hate to see the clinching game go down the way it did. Would have been better to see it happen without all the controversy caused in the second period.

hockey4
03-12-2007, 12:46 AM
They got a nice rest in the second when the refs handed them BS PP after PP.

The Canes were frustrated with the way the season went, ran into some garbage officiating and felt that they were a better team. They are supposed to think they are the better team. It isn't like Red Deer blew them away in the standings or dominated the season series.

I don't see the whinning in the comments. They said they wanted the opportunity to play Red Deer straight up without the officials taking over the game.

Its unfortunate that the refs played such a crucial, and awful, role in this game. Red Deer would have made the play-offs regardless of this game or the crappy officials calls, but that doesn't take away from the fact that on this night the Canes rightfully feel the refs took the slim chance they had.

I have been critical of the Rebels based on this game, but I still think they deserve to go to the play-offs. I just hate to see the clinching game go down the way it did. Would have been better to see it happen without all the controversy caused in the second period.

You guys had 6 power plays and only scored on 1. thats says something. and you think your the first team to run into bad officiating in a crucial game. In red deer against med hat, the refs made a bad call in overtime against the rebels and scored on a 5 on 3 when henry shot the puck over the glass. the rebels controlled the 3rd period and ovetime, and guess what, if we win that game, today's game dont mean much.

And complaining about the reffing, the outcome, and not giving the other team credit, in my books, is 100% whining. Blaming others for the outcome of the game. it was only 4-3 going into the third, and the rebels didnt even have a pp, so really, you guys ahd equal chance to take advantage in the third.

Porkchop
03-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Whining is for losers that have run out of answers. Alot of the calls were obvious, some missed both ways. Good luck to red deer in the playoffs, they earned the 4th spot with a more consistant year. Look at the teams the canes lost to down the stretch drive. We will trade you little stasiuk/kabayama for sutter anytime, at least he knows a team requires guts to achieve glory.