PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Silvertip D-man plays Goalie

Tipped Off
03-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Not sure what publication this is from, so I apologize in advance for that. I took it from a post on another board…thought it was kind of interesting…

The Surrey Eagles defeated the Powell River Kings by a score of 7-1 on Sunday afternoon at the South Surrey Arena. The win guaranteed a first place finish atop the Mainland Division Standings for the second straight year. The game was a bizarre one, both goalies Dustin Slade and Aaron McKenie were ejected from the game late in the second period. Eagles defenceman Stewart Thiessen (an ex-Everett Silvertip) stepped in net for the last 20 minutes of the game and didn't allow a goal. Tim Crowder continued his hot streak notching a goal and an assist. Korey Diehl scored twice and added an assist. Blake Rielly, T.J. Mulock, David Rutherord and Tyson Angus rounded out the scoring.

Spungy
03-01-2005, 03:18 PM
that would have been a sight to see...

ihlemic10
03-01-2005, 03:43 PM
I remember for a brief stint during PK on Sunday, Mitch was standing on the Goal line while Wall was out trying to freeze the puck. It thought that was kinda funny. At the STH skate afterwards I heard some people asking him about and wondering if he would do it full time. ;)

Kristi
03-02-2005, 12:03 AM
I orginally posted this on the grey board. I bet it was pretty fun to see and a thrill for him!

Tipped Off
03-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Thanks Kristi...when are you going to start posting things here first????

JK - :clap: