PDA

View Full Version : Arena Renovations

grainbear
03-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Just a note that the management of the Sportsplex have proposed a $25,000,000 expansion and reno for the Hurricanes facility. It would include and additional 63000 sg. ft addition . It would include additional luxury seats, better food and beverage facitlitis, dressing rooms, training rooms and more parking The Hurricanes would contribute 2.5 million to the project . There would be new space for the refrees, training and press conferences parking for another 350 vehicles, earth storage for motorcycle and monster truck events and a seperate entrance for support vehicles, Also would be washrooms for the physicall handicaped and conscessions with cooking Also would be included a lounge and banquet facilities. Lets hope the city fathers like the idea because at least the sportsplex made money this year. I give credit to the Lethbridge Herald for most of this info.

canes77
03-14-2007, 12:39 AM
Seems like a good deal for the Canes...only having to provide 10% of the cost...I'm sure they generate way more than 10% of the building's revenue. Hopefully ticket prices wont rise too much a result...but then again, when dont they increase? :D

loudi94
03-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Seems like a good deal for the Canes...only having to provide 10% of the cost...I'm sure they generate way more than 10% of the building's revenue. Hopefully ticket prices wont rise too much a result...but then again, when dont they increase? :D

Of course they should increase. Look at our record of success over the last 10 years. We need to pay more to remain as successful as we are. :confused:

canes77
03-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Haha very true loudi...what do you think about having adult/student/youth tickets? Would things be better with a flat price for everyone at say $11 or $12? You would get less kids wandering around and more adults who come to purely watch hockey...A father and his son can currently go for $23 (16.50 and 6.50), if the flat price was $11.50, they could still go together for the same price.

loudi94
03-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Haha very true loudi...what do you think about having adult/student/youth tickets? Would things be better with a flat price for everyone at say $11 or $12? You would get less kids wandering around and more adults who come to purely watch hockey...A father and his son can currently go for $23 (16.50 and 6.50), if the flat price was $11.50, they could still go together for the same price.

then I wouldn't have to scam by buying a student pass for my wife..... :evil:

hockey4
03-15-2007, 05:38 PM
i wont be able to catch it. can u summarize what he had to say. My question is how do you expand that building without blowing out the exterior walls (which they could do seeing the price tag)

loudi94
03-17-2007, 06:47 PM
i wont be able to catch it. can u summarize what he had to say. My question is how do you expand that building without blowing out the exterior walls (which they could do seeing the price tag)
The climbing wall at the south end is gone. That whole area can no turn into regular seating.

shushu
03-17-2007, 10:40 PM
The climbing wall at the south end is gone. That whole area can no turn into regular seating.

did they say anything about if both tiers were going to be added or just the lower bowl...................

loudi94
03-17-2007, 11:22 PM
did they say anything about if both tiers were going to be added or just the lower bowl...................

Not sure. If they want more boxes I could see a smaller second tier.