View Full Version : Another huge game ahead for Warriors

nivek_wahs
03-14-2007, 03:26 AM
http://www.mjtimes.sk.ca/index.cfm?sid=16733&sc=9

Last updated at 2:58 AM on 14/03/07
Another huge game ahead for Warriors

COREY ATKINSON
The Moose Jaw Times Herald

The next game for the Moose Jaw Warriors is their biggest of the season.
This is not a recording.
The Warriors travel up Highway #2 to the Credit Union Centre to tangle with the Saskatoon Blades in an all-important contest — one of a series of “biggest games of the season” since they started getting closer to the playoffs. The Warriors have stormed from 10 points back of fourth place a month ago to one point back with three games to go in the season.
Warriors coach Rene Lemire said the players aren’t suffering from any excess pressure placed on them.
“I think the kids are enjoying it right now,” said Lemire. “With the pressure we’ve been under for some time, it’s been so repetitive that they’re used to it. And we’re having fun right now.”
The players are enjoying the game now because the work they’re putting in is turning into victories, Lemire said.
“Every day we go out and see things on video that we need to work on . . . and they’re executing,” he said. “The more I repeat it and the more we practice it, the better we’re getting.”
The Warriors are 0-3 in Saskatoon this year, giving up 16 goals while only scoring six.
“We just haven’t come out to play in that building,” said Lemire. “The first five minutes, we always come out flat. And yeah, it’s a concern. It’s probably the only concern I have. Every time we’ve gone into Saskatoon, we’ve wanted to do well. And we’ve failed to come out of the gates.”
And while the last weekend of the regular season is looming in the not-too-distant future, the Blades are the number one focus for the Warriors right now.
“I’ve never brought that up, and I wouldn’t expect (the Warrior players) to bring that up. There’s only one game that matters this week and that’s tomorrow,” he said.
Despite giving up five goals in a loss in Regina last weekend, Joey Perricone will once again get the nod in net.
“Kurt (Jory) deserves the opportunity because he’s the one who started this climb back,” said Lemire. “Now Joey’s the one who has carried the team in the last three games. . . Since Joey has that playoff experience, the pressure of having to win from last year, then my gut feeling is to go with him again.”
Defenceman Ryan Stanton is injured once again, but it’s a different ankle this time from the one that kept him out of a few games earlier this month. He joins Brad Riege and Cody Thoring on the injured list, but the team will still roll four lines and six defence.