Blair Macaulay-19
Rastislav Konecny-19
Kenton Dulle-19
Walker Wintoneak-18
Dustin Cameron-18
Gaelan Patterson-17
Troy Crowley-18

Bubble Players(Forward)(4)
Chris Cloud-Sent home due to suspension for the rest of the year. Must have done something very detrimental to the team. Not likely back but you never know. 19 yr olds on the 3rd-4th line who are smallish aren't always good but he does compete hard.

Adam Geric-He is an energy type player and could find himself on the wing on one of the checking lines with Dulle, Patterson, Wintoneak, Cameron and Crowley but my guess is that those positions open will go to the rookies ready to step in who are ready.

Garrett Klotz- This is a tough choice to put him on this list because he could easily stick around as a 13th forward-enforcer type player. However, he is 19 and would be taking away a spot from a younger player ready to step in and provide scoring punch for down the road. I think if we use this stop for a big enforcer type, a better choice might be 6'7 240 Kevin Philp from BC who is only 17 next year.

Craig Cuthbert- Is there really an room for a 19 yr old player who is a "TWEENER"? Meaning he is too small to be a checker but isn't good enough to ever be a scorer. I just don't think we need this player around despite what intangles his "NAME" means.

Rookies Ready For Action!!
1. Curtis Hamilton(16)- He is a definate to crack the roster as a 16 yr old. He was 6th in scoring in the BC Midget hockey league this past season playing on the Okanagan Rockets 26-27-53. He has good size at 6'2 185 and is getting better and better and could turn out to be a steal of the bantam draft many think.
2. IMPORT PICK(18-19)- Word is that Lorne will be attending the NHL draft in search of a 2nd Import to replace Visnak. I think this will cost the Blades a few more bucks to land this player but will be well worth it and we'll see this player round out the Top 2 lines.
3. Jordan Braid(18)- Out of the brieft time we've seen Braid/Belyk up from the Blazers, I think Braid has the better all around game. I saw him in PA the other night vs the Mintos and he looked a mile better even though he set Belyk for the lone goal. He works hard and would be a good 4th line player with potential to move up the next year if need be.
4. Travis Toomey(17)- Look for Toomey to make the club fulltime next season and Center the 4th line. With McCrae, Gillies, Patterson centered the top 3, the Blades are very strong up the middle all the way down to goal next season. Toomey will likely see time with Hamilton/Braid/Crowley on this line.

Forward NOTE: Watch for a possible 20 yr old to be added to the forward group to possibly replace Macaulay on the 1st line. I think this is something the Blades will address in the off season with a few extra's kicking around many teams.

Defense(4)
Brett Ward-19
Teigan Zahn-17
Ryan Funk-18(if ready will be a very good one)
Sam Klassen-18

ROOKS READY
1. Stefan Elliott- No question here! This guy will play in the Top 4 on the Blades and won't look out of place as a 16 yr old. He has such a long resume it is hard to put it all down quickly here. BC minor hockey player of the year, BC midget allstar squad as a 15 yr old this year. BC Winter games squad as an underage with Ferraro and Howse. He is a puck moving defenseman who we haven't seen here since Green came in as a youngster. He had 11-22-33 in 36 games from defense this year.

2. Mitch Berg- The 2nd of the Blades two first rounders. He is a totally different package. He stands guys up better than most I've seen at that age in a long time. I've seen him vs his own peers a few times this year and he just is able to man handle them and simply push them off the puck. Stands guys up at the blue line and doesn't give an inch. Skates well for a kid that age and size 6'3 210.

BUBBLE ROOKS
1. Cameron Canart, Jared Friesen and Mike Clements. All bring something a bit different, all will be 17 and all on the bubble!

20 yr old brought in! The Blades are likely to settle the defense down and take pressure off of Brett Ward, Teigan Zahn, Sam Klassen and Ryan Funk by adding an experienced 20 yr old dman simular to what Cole or Logan brought to the team this year.

Goalies
Braden Holtby(18)- Will start the majority of the games once again. Will get better and have more experience in the league which helps alot for a goalie his age. Braden will likely play about 45-50 games.

Garrett Zemlak(18)- He is good enough to play lots but won't due to Holtby and that is fine. Garrett will provide 20-25 games of near Holtby caliber goaltending and one of the two could be used as trade bait to bring in young Adam Morrison who is near ready next year at 16 or atleast after the trade deadline.

ROOK NEAR READY
Adam Morrison(16)- The Blades are very high on this kid. He played very well this year in the BC Midget league as was amongst the goalie leaders. He may not be ready next year but at 17 will be and look for a possible deadline deal of one of the other goalies to make room for the future goalie. He was a 3rd round pick last year by the team.

Shortys
03-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Nicely done!

Tidball
03-15-2007, 09:00 PM
It really hurts to see CLoud most likely gettin traded next season. He is 1 of the funnest players to watch. Aside from MCrae and Klotz, we really dont have anyone who stands up for the team, though Toomey or Philp may have to next season, should klotz and cloud go, look for Ward to be the tough guy.

wango tango
03-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Forwards(10)
Justin McCrae-19
Derek Hulak-18
Colton Gillies-18
Blair Macaulay-19
Rastislav Konecny-19
Kenton Dulle-19
Walker Wintoneak-18
Dustin Cameron-18
Gaelan Patterson-17
Troy Crowley-18

Bubble Players(Forward)(4)
Chris Cloud-Sent home due to suspension for the rest of the year. Must have done something very detrimental to the team. Not likely back but you never know. 19 yr olds on the 3rd-4th line who are smallish aren't always good but he does compete hard.

Adam Geric-He is an energy type player and could find himself on the wing on one of the checking lines with Dulle, Patterson, Wintoneak, Cameron and Crowley but my guess is that those positions open will go to the rookies ready to step in who are ready.

Garrett Klotz- This is a tough choice to put him on this list because he could easily stick around as a 13th forward-enforcer type player. However, he is 19 and would be taking away a spot from a younger player ready to step in and provide scoring punch for down the road. I think if we use this stop for a big enforcer type, a better choice might be 6'7 240 Kevin Philp from BC who is only 17 next year.

Craig Cuthbert- Is there really an room for a 19 yr old player who is a "TWEENER"? Meaning he is too small to be a checker but isn't good enough to ever be a scorer. I just don't think we need this player around despite what intangles his "NAME" means.

Rookies Ready For Action!!
1. Curtis Hamilton(16)- He is a definate to crack the roster as a 16 yr old. He was 6th in scoring in the BC Midget hockey league this past season playing on the Okanagan Rockets 26-27-53. He has good size at 6'2 185 and is getting better and better and could turn out to be a steal of the bantam draft many think.
2. IMPORT PICK(18-19)- Word is that Lorne will be attending the NHL draft in search of a 2nd Import to replace Visnak. I think this will cost the Blades a few more bucks to land this player but will be well worth it and we'll see this player round out the Top 2 lines.
3. Jordan Braid(18)- Out of the brieft time we've seen Braid/Belyk up from the Blazers, I think Braid has the better all around game. I saw him in PA the other night vs the Mintos and he looked a mile better even though he set Belyk for the lone goal. He works hard and would be a good 4th line player with potential to move up the next year if need be.
4. Travis Toomey(17)- Look for Toomey to make the club fulltime next season and Center the 4th line. With McCrae, Gillies, Patterson centered the top 3, the Blades are very strong up the middle all the way down to goal next season. Toomey will likely see time with Hamilton/Braid/Crowley on this line.

Forward NOTE: Watch for a possible 20 yr old to be added to the forward group to possibly replace Macaulay on the 1st line. I think this is something the Blades will address in the off season with a few extra's kicking around many teams.

Defense(4)
Brett Ward-19
Teigan Zahn-17
Ryan Funk-18(if ready will be a very good one)
Sam Klassen-18

ROOKS READY
1. Stefan Elliott- No question here! This guy will play in the Top 4 on the Blades and won't look out of place as a 16 yr old. He has such a long resume it is hard to put it all down quickly here. BC minor hockey player of the year, BC midget allstar squad as a 15 yr old this year. BC Winter games squad as an underage with Ferraro and Howse. He is a puck moving defenseman who we haven't seen here since Green came in as a youngster. He had 11-22-33 in 36 games from defense this year.

2. Mitch Berg- The 2nd of the Blades two first rounders. He is a totally different package. He stands guys up better than most I've seen at that age in a long time. I've seen him vs his own peers a few times this year and he just is able to man handle them and simply push them off the puck. Stands guys up at the blue line and doesn't give an inch. Skates well for a kid that age and size 6'3 210.

BUBBLE ROOKS
1. Cameron Canart, Jared Friesen and Mike Clements. All bring something a bit different, all will be 17 and all on the bubble!

20 yr old brought in! The Blades are likely to settle the defense down and take pressure off of Brett Ward, Teigan Zahn, Sam Klassen and Ryan Funk by adding an experienced 20 yr old dman simular to what Cole or Logan brought to the team this year.

Goalies
Braden Holtby(18)- Will start the majority of the games once again. Will get better and have more experience in the league which helps alot for a goalie his age. Braden will likely play about 45-50 games.

Garrett Zemlak(18)- He is good enough to play lots but won't due to Holtby and that is fine. Garrett will provide 20-25 games of near Holtby caliber goaltending and one of the two could be used as trade bait to bring in young Adam Morrison who is near ready next year at 16 or atleast after the trade deadline.

ROOK NEAR READY
Adam Morrison(16)- The Blades are very high on this kid. He played very well this year in the BC Midget league as was amongst the goalie leaders. He may not be ready next year but at 17 will be and look for a possible deadline deal of one of the other goalies to make room for the future goalie. He was a 3rd round pick last year by the team.

i would add cameron and konecny to your list of bubble forwards.

howley
03-19-2007, 11:12 PM
it's a toss up between the two. I give Holtby the edge for a couple reasons.
1) Zemlak doesn't absorb pucks as well as Holtby. They both have their troubles with it at times but I think overall Holtby has better rebound control.

2) I think the team plays better in front of Zemlak then they do in front of Holtby for sure. I'd be interested to see shots per game when Zemlak is in net and Holtby is in net. Maybe I'll check into that a bit tomorrow.

That's pretty much it. As a fan I'd be confident with both in net for sure. There were times through the season when I thought Zemlak may be playing well enough to steal the starting roll. IMO Zemlak is gone next season unfortunately.

I'd like to see the team float to goalies or at least have two capable starters. Look at the NHL teams in that situation. Ottawa , San Jose, Nashville, Minnesota. All very successful, of course their high powered offenses help out a bit as well.

The reason I think Zemlak is gone is because he started the final game of the season in his home town...maybe I am just reading into it to much.

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-19-2007, 11:26 PM
I am not sure if these are the ones you are specifically looking for but here they are:http://whl.ca/stats/statdisplay.php?type=goalies&subType=15&season_id=227&&leagueId=26&lastActive=&singleSeason=

Neufeld had the only shutout and played 10 games for what it was worth.

If Morrison is not ready for back-up duty,the Blades SHOULD not rush him because Zemlak is fully capable of being the back-up to Holtby,and maybe challenging for the starting role.

hobster
03-19-2007, 11:41 PM
I honestly think holtby will be ready to start near 60 games next year and morrison could go maybe 12 games it'll be ok if we have morrison zemlak deserves to maybe start on a another team

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-19-2007, 11:52 PM
I honestly think holtby will be ready to start near 60 games next year and morrison could go maybe 12 games it'll be ok if we have morrison zemlak deserves to maybe start on a another team
That could happen,but If Morrison is not ready,and what if Holtby gets injured and Zemlak is gone? That is why I think it would be a good idea to maybe keep Zemlak around,and he sure is entertaining(the goalie fight with Spence in Calgary,best road trip that I have ever been on)

We will have to wait and see what happens, When Can Molleken offically start to makes trades,roster moves?? I would think that he would have to wait until the end of the playoffs?? :skeptical Boogaard'd Can someone clear this up this for me?

hobster
03-20-2007, 03:01 PM
I think next season you can expect a top 2 finish in this division for the blades yeehoo .....right up there with the pats us the pats, and moose jaw, will be very strong.... lorne will go to the nhl draft this year for his euro pick,,, so he'll have to spend a little more cash but it might be worth it..... and we will get 2 20 year old d-men on the back end mark my words. so things are looking up for the city of bridges. pbj pbj pbj pbj

Tidball
03-20-2007, 03:59 PM
I 100% agree with your statement that you could wisely use the enforcer role for that 6'7 17 year old kid better then Klotz. The reason I say this is next year Klotz will be so far ahead of all the other enforcers in the East that nobody will fight him and he wont be used .Its a complement tidball before you loose it on me...lol. just a thought. One other thing, every game I have seen Zemlak play he has been every bit as good as Holtby if not better, do all you Blades fans feel Holtby is better?

Lol no worries. Stoesz is 19 now and might be back as a 20? And Vann and Klotz im sure will have some great spirited bouts. Klotz can play decent when he puts his mind to it. I agree with you on Zemlak and i have made statements similair. Most people are high on Holtby, i say trade him and bring up a young and very talented Adam Morrison with Zemlak starting. That was a good post and i agree with it.

Tidball
03-20-2007, 04:01 PM
I think next season you can expect a top 2 finish in this division for the blades yeehoo .....right up there with the pats us the pats, and moose jaw, will be very strong.... lorne will go to the nhl draft this year for his euro pick,,, so he'll have to spend a little more cash but it might be worth it..... and we will get 2 20 year old d-men on the back end mark my words. so things are looking up for the city of bridges. pbj pbj pbj pbj

Nect season expect a 3rd place finish at best, most likely 4th. Our D will be very young. In 2 and 3 years will will be a powerhouse.

Trav
03-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Holtby and Zemlak, keep both or trade one? Thats what Molleken will have to deicde. Obiviously if Morrison shows he can play next year, one of them will be traded. Holtby might be worth more so I'd trade him. Zemlak I think is just as good as Holtby is.

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Holtby and Zemlak, keep both or trade one? Thats what Molleken will have to deicde. Obiviously if Morrison shows he can play next year, one of them will be traded. Holtby might be worth more so I'd trade him. Zemlak I think is just as good as Holtby is.
It sure will be,I agree with what you have said here,so let me add my two cents.

Yes I think it would be smart to keep both or trade one as well,because in keeping both that allows a good insurance policy if Holtby gets hurt,if you trade one I would trade the one with the higher value as well,but it could hurt if Morrison(or Krahn) makes the team and then struggles and if Zemlak is gone that would hurt,but I am sure the Blades will make sure there back-up goalie(whoever that will be) is 100% ready. It will be interesting to see what happens.

howley
03-22-2007, 12:40 AM
the more I think about it the more I think they keep both goalies.

Blades 4 Life!
03-22-2007, 01:17 AM
Over the years the back ups have sucked so the Blades need to make sure they have a goalie that can do something.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
04-07-2007, 12:05 AM
ROOK NEAR READY

Adam Morrison??? what did the Bucks draft pick decide to play for a good sports team? haha